Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Opening Act (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70236)

freshmanjs 03-07-2018 12:08 AM

Opening Act

Will there be opening acts on this leg? Specifically in Vegas? Thanks!

Becky 03-07-2018 01:00 AM

The act that was scheduled for Denver last year is opening this year. Other than that, I have heard nothing of opening acts. I hope there are none. I saw them in Atlanta once with no opening act and it made me very happy!

Lucky0003 03-08-2018 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1235491)
The act that was scheduled for Denver last year is opening this year. Other than that, I have heard nothing of opening acts. I hope there are none. I saw them in Atlanta once with no opening act and it made me very happy!

I also like no opening act! I like getting right to the show although it’s nice that other bands get to perform for a major act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Becky 03-14-2018 08:48 PM

I saw a news release about a local band opening in Little Rock. I guess they could still be using entries they got from the last tour, unfortunately. I was really hoping no contest this time meant no opening acts.

MJB12 03-14-2018 10:16 PM

I'm really surprised they haven't tried bringing out a bigger name as an opener in the US the last few years. Daughtry and Dashboard Confessional were great on the Lost Highway and The Circle Tours. A big name might help with bringing the energy up, not to mention driving further ticket sales.

Thinny 03-14-2018 11:24 PM

Opening for bigger bands in essential for smaller bands. Without that they have no way to really get out there to play live to larger audiences. It blows my mind that people would rather have silence than a support band. No suppiort doensn't mean the healdiner will play longer, so you lose nothing. Hell you have seats, if you really don't want to see the support turn up later. Or you could support live music and check out a new band that you might actually like. I've discovered many bands this way.

No wonder the younger bands struggle to find an audience....

MJB12 03-14-2018 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1236049)
Opening for bigger bands in essential for smaller bands. Without that they have no way to really get out there to play live to larger audiences. It blows my mind that people would rather have silence than a support band. No suppiort doensn't mean the healdiner will play longer, so you lose nothing. Hell you have seats, if you really don't want to see the support turn up later. Or you could support live music and check out a new band that you might actually like. I've discovered many bands this way.

No wonder the younger bands struggle to find an audience....

Exactly...I would prefer any opener over silence. On the shows they didn't have an opener, it didn't start any earlier and the shows have usually been around the same length regardless.

Becky 03-14-2018 11:42 PM

Hugh’s stepson is opening the Utah show.

I make no apology for not wanting opening acts. The time I saw Bon Jovi without one, it was just much more enjoyable.

bonjovi90 03-15-2018 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1236054)
Hugh’s stepson is opening the Utah show.

I make no apology for not wanting opening acts. The time I saw Bon Jovi without one, it was just much more enjoyable.

I'm just amused that you've repeatedly explained in the thread about the THINFS album hitting no 1 again how hard it is for musicians/songwriters nowadays to make a living/get exposure.
Yet this is such an opportunity for young bands to market their music and now you don't want it [emoji39]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Becky 03-15-2018 12:24 AM

It’s true. It’s not so bothersome with other concerts, but when I’m going to a Bon Jovi show, an opening act is just an obstacle delaying what I’m there for.