Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official Youtube.com Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36750)

bonjovi90 03-09-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1235644)
I'm talking about the duet version of WSYCGH. :)

The duet version of WSYCGH isn't from Lost Highway either [emoji16]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

DavetheGodofKeys 03-09-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1235658)
The duet version of WSYCGH isn't from Lost Highway either [emoji16]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Oh yes, sorry, my bad. I know it's from HAND, I just drank a couple beers. That's why I got confused. :)

steel_horse75 03-09-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1235641)
I'm really digging Make A Memory right now which is rather surprising because I used to hate Lost Highway ( the album ) for being country. I actually started listening to it and quite liked Memory, Summertime and also (surprisingly) WSYCGH. So I'll just post this here.

Memory and Any other day are instant Jovi classics

DavetheGodofKeys 03-11-2018 07:37 PM

Nice radio performance. The interesting thing is that in the performance of Prayer, it seems like the playback high notes taken from the studio version, aren't of Jon's voice. I don't even hear Jon's playback at all, which is rather strange. The taped vocals of this performance are Davids I think.

Tom_K 03-11-2018 08:08 PM

Interesting interview about the boxset with Jon and Obie. Jon says he has 15 years worth of material since the vaults are so deep and that the boxset was limited to 50 songs because of the record company. He mentions there's a version of Only in my dreams with him on vocals.

Obie said everything was properly cataloged (2 year project) and how he had to bake tapes in the oven to be able to record the sound since the material was so aged. I assume this means everything is digital now.

Should we start a petition for another boxset? These guys seem to be sitting on loads of material. I wish people who attend Runaway tours would ask Jon about the plans to publish some of the stuff which is still in the vaults.

rolo_tomachi 03-11-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_K (Post 1235742)
Jon Bon Jovi & Obie O' Brien talking about box set (2004) - YouTube

Interesting interview about the boxset with Jon and Obie. Jon says he has 15 years worth of material since the vaults are so deep and that the boxset was limited to 50 songs because of the record company. He mentions there's a version of Only in my dreams with him on vocals.

Obie said everything was properly cataloged (2 year project) and how he had to bake tapes in the oven to be able to record the sound since the material was so aged. I assume this means everything is digital now.

Should we start a petition for another boxset? These guys seem to be sitting on loads of material. I wish people who attend Runaway tours would ask Jon about the plans to publish some of the stuff which is still in the vaults.

Forty anniversary sure there could be another box set of 50 songs, but having so much material, they should give us something this year, to celebrate their induction into the hall of fame. I know that these two new songs are part of that, but they are just two songs to accompany the new tour and that the fans have something new to hear and see on the show.

I think Jon and Obie could take at least 20 songs from the vault and release them at the end of the year, I do not care how, in several digital EPs, deluxe edition, whatever, but they could do it.

Bounce7800 03-11-2018 10:08 PM

There's no point in a physical boxset, the NJ rerelease confirmed that, but there's no reason why they couldn't release multiple albums of vault material for streaming or digital release with little to no promotion. Or just sell it direct on the BJ website.

WhamATC 03-12-2018 03:10 PM

Was searching for random Bon Jovi videos and found this.

Thinny 03-12-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1235748)
There's no point in a physical boxset, the NJ rerelease confirmed that, but there's no reason why they couldn't release multiple albums of vault material for streaming or digital release with little to no promotion. Or just sell it direct on the BJ website.

The New Jersey re-release didn't do well because they didn't promote it. Def Leppard re-released Hysteria, promoted the hell out of it and it did really well. If BJ had put the same effort in to NJ, it would have had similar results.

BJFan99 03-12-2018 08:15 PM

I think I'll have to add a couple more concerts to my "the good shows of the THINFS tour so far" list (not all of them had great vocals - even for Jon's current standards -, but the energy and passion were there to make up for it). Previously, the list has included the following gigs:

* Phoenix
* LA/Inglewood
* St. Paul
* Philadelphia
* Toronto (both nights)
* MSG (both nights)
* Rio
* Sao Paulo

From now on, these shows will get included as well:

https://youtu.be/4iQzxFGAHPc (St. Louis - JBJ was on fire; I just noticed that he even did the "Johnny's church" speech before LYHOM like on the good old days!)

https://youtu.be/Ut7X4aMUNUM (Dallas)

So, as a conclusion, Bon Jovi gave 12 good shows (out of 36) last year. What do you think - will we get more this year, and if so, will the quality of the gigs be more consistent than last year?

PS. I don't want to see Working Man anywhere near the set lists ever again...