Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I don't know a title thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=38931)

TheseDays2005 02-25-2007 02:41 AM

I don't know a title thread

Despite the fact that BJ sold >100 million albums and been around for >20 years still doesn't put them nearly next to the bands that achieved the same or less, especcially since 2000 (so wankers yeah it was bad).
Why is that?

Javier 02-25-2007 04:43 AM

Say Whaaaaaaaaat!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

bjcrazycpa 02-25-2007 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 725878)
Say Whaaaaaaaaat!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

I echo that!! HUUUUUH!!!

deb

nomiii 02-25-2007 06:45 AM

For a certain group of people they are always going to be seen as an uncredible 80's hair band.
I guess its an image issue.
Lets face it no one is going to laugh and snigger if you tell them your a huge U2 fan. Bon Jovi are never going to be a 'cool' band to like.

skyelow 02-25-2007 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomiii (Post 725884)
. Bon Jovi are never going to be a 'cool' band to like.

I disagree. They are still attracting fans of all ages. You go to a concert and you see parents with their children and high school kids going crazy for BJ. I know 14 year olds that dig Bon Jovi. Plus no one has ever laughed, snickered or question the fact that i like Bon Jovi when they ask me what my favorite bands are. They still make kick ass songs and put on a kick ass show!

The Northern Cowboy 02-25-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyelow (Post 725887)
I disagree. They are still attracting fans of all ages. You go to a concert and you see parents with their children and high school kids going crazy for BJ. I know 14 year olds that dig Bon Jovi. Plus no one has ever laughed, snickered or question the fact that i like Bon Jovi when they ask me what my favorite bands are. They still make kick ass songs and put on a kick ass show!

Over here on the Westcoast, very few people like Bon Jovi. In my school, I'm the only one who consistantly listens to them. Sometimes it seems as though it's cool to BASH Bon Jovi.....

Oh, and I'm 14, and I live and breathe Bon Jovi.;)

-K9- 02-25-2007 07:56 PM

I'm 16 and I love Bon Jovi....but I find that alot of people in my school think that Bon Jovi is "gay"...don't know why that is, but I still love them.

Living_on_my_Hair 02-25-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyelow (Post 725887)

Jesus, i dont know where your from but i am CONSTANTLY taken the piss out of for Bon Jovi being my favourite band, i am so use to it, but most of the times its only tounge and cheek when my mates poke fun at me, because they usually secretly know that my CD collection and general music knowledge is so varied and vastly superior to all of theirs combined lol

But when i meet someone new, and they ask my favourite music, i usually start backwards and list a pile of artists that i really like first before, at the end, sneaking in the ''but, the first band i ever liked and STILL love are...''

And whoever said it is 100% right, Bon jovi are not a ''cool'' band at all, but at my age now it doesnt bother me at all.

andi

Jovimimi 02-25-2007 09:28 PM

bon jovi being a cool band .. hmm IT DEPENDS from where you are probably and also the era ... bon jovi was ultimately cool band in the 90's in europe (even in france) since then things have changed I don't tell anyone i am a jovi fan I don't want ppl to laugh at me asking if it's because the singer is a pretty boy ...

to be a cool band doesn't imply to be a good band (nor it implies the opposite neither) but to be in the charts and popular doesn't imply to make good music neither ..I don't care it's not cool band anymore ..i'd rather have a stadium full of real fans better than a place full of ppl who came because the band is "cool" and the lead singer SOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOTT

JerseyGiant 02-25-2007 10:10 PM

i love them i dont give a damm wat people think:D