Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Red Hot Chili Peppers (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=13631)

Christo 07-05-2003 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tashjbj
I love the Chili's, my favourites have to be:

Otherside
Scar tissue
Give it away
By the way

They are cool.. would love to see them live. Anyone seen them?

Tash

Yeah, I did in December last year. Um, not that they were terrible, but to date the worst relatively big band I've seen perform live. :?

Tashjbj 07-05-2003 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christo
Quote:

Otherside
Scar tissue
Give it away
By the way

Tash

Yeah, I did in December last year. Um, not that they were terrible, but to date the worst relatively big band I've seen perform live. :?

That's a shame. A friend of mine saw them a while ago and they played for 45 minutes!! Can you believe that?? I would have asked for my money back!!

Tash

Christo 07-06-2003 12:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Otherside
Scar tissue
Give it away
By the way

Tash

That's a shame. A friend of mine saw them a while ago and they played for 45 minutes!! Can you believe that?? I would have asked for my money back!!

Tash

45 minutes? I know the feeling... :? :cry:

Tashjbj 07-06-2003 01:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Otherside
Scar tissue
Give it away
By the way

Tash

Tash

45 minutes? I know the feeling... :? :cry:

Not you too??????

Tash

Sambora_Laura 07-11-2003 09:23 PM

Dude- I have downloaded some of their live tracks off Kazaa, and WOAH! Am I never wasting my money on going to see them live!

A mate of mine went to see them, and this mate is a MAJOR fan, member of the fanclub, posters everywhere, got all their albums and singles, knows everything about them, etc, and she left halfway through (I believe halfway was about 35 minutes) because they were so shite live.

Mr Bluesman 07-11-2003 10:17 PM

Never really liked RHCP, my friends a big fan of them and he's listening to them all the time so I hear their stuff and I don't really like it. I've also seen/heard some of the live material and I must say, it is ****, I never knew that guy could sing so badly. :?

Sambora_Laura 07-13-2003 11:23 AM

They are a good band, without doubt, but I do think you either love them or you hate them! It's all opinion!
But as much as I love them, and as much as 50% of them are on the rather attractive side, I will not be paying good money to see them murder their own songs live!

Christo 07-14-2003 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambora_Laura
They are a good band, without doubt, but I do think you either love them or you hate them! It's all opinion!
But as much as I love them, and as much as 50% of them are on the rather attractive side, I will not be paying good money to see them murder their own songs live!

I'm not sure about murder, but to date they are the worst big band I've seen. :?

Captain Walrus 07-14-2003 04:48 PM

Chilli Peppers have some fantastic songs (Californication, Parrallel Universe) but also some really terrible ones (Porcelain, which is probably worse than She's A Mystery). I think thats the problem with having so many tracks on their albums (15-19), that you're invariably gonna get filler along with the greats

Keep On Rockin'

Christo 07-14-2003 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Chilli Peppers have some fantastic songs (Californication, Parrallel Universe) but also some really terrible ones (Porcelain, which is probably worse than She's A Mystery). I think thats the problem with having so many tracks on their albums (15-19), that you're invariably gonna get filler along with the greats

Keep On Rockin'

I think 14 or 15 is good for an album. :wink: