Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Red Hot Chili Peppers (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=13631)

Mr Bluesman 07-14-2003 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christo
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Chilli Peppers have some fantastic songs (Californication, Parrallel Universe) but also some really terrible ones (Porcelain, which is probably worse than She's A Mystery). I think thats the problem with having so many tracks on their albums (15-19), that you're invariably gonna get filler along with the greats

Keep On Rockin'

I think 14 or 15 is good for an album. :wink:

Yeah but what Walrus is saying is that if you have say 15 songs on an album with 10 being really good and 5 being total **** it can (for some people) make the difference between an album being a classic and being a very basic one.

Captain Walrus 07-14-2003 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bluesman
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christo
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Chilli Peppers have some fantastic songs (Californication, Parrallel Universe) but also some really terrible ones (Porcelain, which is probably worse than She's A Mystery). I think thats the problem with having so many tracks on their albums (15-19), that you're invariably gonna get filler along with the greats

Keep On Rockin'

I think 14 or 15 is good for an album. :wink:

Yeah but what Walrus is saying is that if you have say 15 songs on an album with 10 being really good and 5 being total **** it can (for some people) make the difference between an album being a classic and being a very basic one.

Yep, thats exactly what I'm on about. Glad there's some out there that understand Walrus-speak :D

Keep On Rockin'

Sambora_Laura 07-14-2003 10:39 PM

I understood you perfectly the first time, Walrus, but that's not what we're disputing!

What we are disputing, is whether or not they are any cop live!

And so far, the evidence points to a resounding "Nope".

RichieW2001 07-14-2003 10:52 PM

very poor live. terrible mix, poor tone on guitar, no warmth on lead playing, vocals OK but all round not much cop.

Mr Bluesman 07-14-2003 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001
very poor live. terrible mix, poor tone on guitar, no warmth on lead playing, vocals OK but all round not much cop.

I'd say that from what I've heard/seen the vocals are the worse thing about it, but overall the whole thing has been poor.

Christo 07-14-2003 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001

As showmen they aren't much. :?

Sambora_Laura 07-14-2003 11:50 PM

Having said all this mind, as a red-blooded woman, I sure as hell wouldn't say no to any of them!

Sambora_Laura 07-16-2003 11:27 PM

Hey- does anyone know of any Chili Peppers chat rooms?

Shaun 07-16-2003 11:39 PM

i dont like very many of there songs

Sambora_Laura 07-19-2003 08:35 PM

Wow...Shaun, that was...insightful...