Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Red Hot Chili Peppers (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=13631)

Sambora_Laura 07-04-2003 09:44 PM

The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Anyone else out there like any of the following songs by the the Chili Peps:

Sir Psyco Sexy
Flea Fly
Purple Stain
Throw Away Your Television
Yertle the Turtle
Otherside
Road Trippin

Love
Laura

Thomas Anderson 07-04-2003 10:21 PM

Re: The Red Hot Chili Peppers

I like Road Trippin', but I've only heard a couple of those songs.

Captain Walrus 07-04-2003 11:06 PM

Otherside is great! 8)

Keep On Rockin'

Sargon 07-04-2003 11:07 PM

Mmmm Red Hot Chili Peppers

I like Otherside & Road Trippin(great video 8) ,but my favourites are Soul to Squeeze & Suck My Kiss...
From By The Way,the best are Minor Thing & Dosed...

Sambora_Laura 07-05-2003 12:06 AM

On Dosed I think Anthony's voice really excels- but he'd better watch himself- he's not looking after it properly!

Captain Walrus 07-05-2003 01:32 AM

You do know that John sings the really high parts on Dosed, right?

Keep On Rockin'

Sambora_Laura 07-05-2003 09:24 AM

Ye- I do know that! But Anthony does a pretty good job on the rest- his voice just seems stronger.

And I worry about John's ability to go so high...

Christo 07-05-2003 09:28 AM

Purple Stain, Otherside and Road Trippin' are all ok.

My faves from the band are Around The World, Love Rollercoaster (B&B rock! :P ), Can't Stop and Don't Forget Me. :wink:

Tashjbj 07-05-2003 11:01 PM

I love the Chili's, my favourites have to be:

Otherside
Scar tissue
Give it away
By the way

They are cool.. would love to see them live. Anyone seen them?

Tash

Yvonne 07-05-2003 11:25 PM

I love Road Trippin, my fave song has to be the zephur song and i cant fault them.

Christo 07-05-2003 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tashjbj

Otherside
Scar tissue
Give it away
By the way

Tash

Yeah, I did in December last year. Um, not that they were terrible, but to date the worst relatively big band I've seen perform live. :?

Tashjbj 07-05-2003 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christo
Quote:

Otherside
Scar tissue
Give it away
By the way

Tash

Yeah, I did in December last year. Um, not that they were terrible, but to date the worst relatively big band I've seen perform live. :?

That's a shame. A friend of mine saw them a while ago and they played for 45 minutes!! Can you believe that?? I would have asked for my money back!!

Tash

Christo 07-06-2003 12:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Otherside
Scar tissue
Give it away
By the way

Tash

That's a shame. A friend of mine saw them a while ago and they played for 45 minutes!! Can you believe that?? I would have asked for my money back!!

Tash

45 minutes? I know the feeling... :? :cry:

Tashjbj 07-06-2003 01:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Otherside
Scar tissue
Give it away
By the way

Tash

Tash

45 minutes? I know the feeling... :? :cry:

Not you too??????

Tash

Sambora_Laura 07-11-2003 09:23 PM

Dude- I have downloaded some of their live tracks off Kazaa, and WOAH! Am I never wasting my money on going to see them live!

A mate of mine went to see them, and this mate is a MAJOR fan, member of the fanclub, posters everywhere, got all their albums and singles, knows everything about them, etc, and she left halfway through (I believe halfway was about 35 minutes) because they were so shite live.

Mr Bluesman 07-11-2003 10:17 PM

Never really liked RHCP, my friends a big fan of them and he's listening to them all the time so I hear their stuff and I don't really like it. I've also seen/heard some of the live material and I must say, it is ****, I never knew that guy could sing so badly. :?

Sambora_Laura 07-13-2003 11:23 AM

They are a good band, without doubt, but I do think you either love them or you hate them! It's all opinion!
But as much as I love them, and as much as 50% of them are on the rather attractive side, I will not be paying good money to see them murder their own songs live!

Christo 07-14-2003 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambora_Laura
They are a good band, without doubt, but I do think you either love them or you hate them! It's all opinion!
But as much as I love them, and as much as 50% of them are on the rather attractive side, I will not be paying good money to see them murder their own songs live!

I'm not sure about murder, but to date they are the worst big band I've seen. :?

Captain Walrus 07-14-2003 04:48 PM

Chilli Peppers have some fantastic songs (Californication, Parrallel Universe) but also some really terrible ones (Porcelain, which is probably worse than She's A Mystery). I think thats the problem with having so many tracks on their albums (15-19), that you're invariably gonna get filler along with the greats

Keep On Rockin'

Christo 07-14-2003 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Chilli Peppers have some fantastic songs (Californication, Parrallel Universe) but also some really terrible ones (Porcelain, which is probably worse than She's A Mystery). I think thats the problem with having so many tracks on their albums (15-19), that you're invariably gonna get filler along with the greats

Keep On Rockin'

I think 14 or 15 is good for an album. :wink:

Mr Bluesman 07-14-2003 05:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Keep On Rockin'

Yeah but what Walrus is saying is that if you have say 15 songs on an album with 10 being really good and 5 being total **** it can (for some people) make the difference between an album being a classic and being a very basic one.

Captain Walrus 07-14-2003 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bluesman
Quote:

Quote:

Keep On Rockin'

Yeah but what Walrus is saying is that if you have say 15 songs on an album with 10 being really good and 5 being total **** it can (for some people) make the difference between an album being a classic and being a very basic one.

Yep, thats exactly what I'm on about. Glad there's some out there that understand Walrus-speak :D

Keep On Rockin'

Sambora_Laura 07-14-2003 10:39 PM

I understood you perfectly the first time, Walrus, but that's not what we're disputing!

What we are disputing, is whether or not they are any cop live!

And so far, the evidence points to a resounding "Nope".

RichieW2001 07-14-2003 10:52 PM

very poor live. terrible mix, poor tone on guitar, no warmth on lead playing, vocals OK but all round not much cop.

Mr Bluesman 07-14-2003 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001
very poor live. terrible mix, poor tone on guitar, no warmth on lead playing, vocals OK but all round not much cop.

I'd say that from what I've heard/seen the vocals are the worse thing about it, but overall the whole thing has been poor.

Christo 07-14-2003 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001

As showmen they aren't much. :?

Sambora_Laura 07-14-2003 11:50 PM

Having said all this mind, as a red-blooded woman, I sure as hell wouldn't say no to any of them!

Sambora_Laura 07-16-2003 11:27 PM

Hey- does anyone know of any Chili Peppers chat rooms?

Shaun 07-16-2003 11:39 PM

i dont like very many of there songs

Sambora_Laura 07-19-2003 08:35 PM

Wow...Shaun, that was...insightful...

Captain Walrus 07-25-2003 09:13 PM

I finally gave my copy of Blood Sugar Sex Magik a listen just now, about 4 months after I bought it... first half or so ranges from astoundingly bad to OK... nothing really very good. Then there's Give It Away, which is indeed fantastic, and then the rest of the album is much better than the first half... I still maintain that their albums have too many songs, which inevitably leads to filler tracks

Keep On Rockin'

Sambora_Laura 08-31-2003 09:48 AM

I agree- they do have filler tracks on their earlier albums, but I think I can spot only one on Californication- can't remember what its called though. Its between Otherside and Californication....

*five minutes later*

Nope, I'm going to have to look it up

*comes back with CD insleeve*

GET ON TOP!

and now I look, I like dirt is shyte as well.

TheseDays2005 09-10-2006 02:59 AM

now this is a setlist! wish i was there, and by the way saw them this year at pinkpop for first time and thought they were very good, maybe unlike a few years ago, now sober, i dunno but were great

1 Jam
2 Readymade
3 Can't stop
4 Dani california
5 Parellel universe
6 21st Century
7 She looks to me
8 Especially in Michigan
9 Don't forget me
10 Road trippin
11 Otherside
12 Around the world
13 Storm in a teacup
14 Hump de bump
15 Scar tissue
16 So much I
17 Power of Equality
18 Make you feel better
19 Dosed (John singing chorus)
20 Under the bridge
21 Jam / Emmit Remmus
22 Turn it again
23 Pink automobile (Flea Solo)
24 Tell me baby
25 Desecration smile (acoustic)
26 Californication
27 Me & my friends
28 You'r gonna get yours / Give it away/ Jam
29 By the way
30 Wet sand

Dave 1986 08-12-2007 02:37 PM

I saw them in Cardiff Millennium Stadium, June 2004, and out of all the bands I've ever seen (and I've seen alot of BIG bands), they were the worst live act to date. That's only in comparrison to the bands that I have seen but still. They only played for about 80 minutes aswell, which is pathetic for a 20 year old band. I expect that from a nostalgia act, but not from an allegedly "current" band. They were also the most expensive band that I've seen at £42.

James Brown was the support act though. :cool:

And as for music in general, I own everything from Mother's Milk onwards and the music is good, not great. They are definately one of the most overrated bands ever. They strike me as a band that can just release any old album and people will still go crazy for it because 17 years ago they wrote Under The Bridge! Albums are 40% filler (why Stadium Arcadium had to be a double album I'll never know.) and these days they seem to release the same 2 singles each album.

I guess the reason I'm so bitter over a band who I own half the albums of is because they are so overrated by the media and my mates and I just think, "ok they're good but they're not THAT good" and mainly cause die-hard Chili's fans slag of Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi may not be so good live as they used to be but they are certainly a better live act today than RHCP and at least each album BJ do is different to the last, quality aside.

Back to the Chilis, the only albums you'll ever need by them is Blood Sugar Sex Majik, Californication and maybe By The Way. If not just get the 2003 greatest hits.

On a lighter note, but favourite songs are:-

Higher Ground
Under The Bridge
Give It Away
Suck My Kiss
Aeroplane
Love Rollercoaster
Scar Tissue
Otherside
Californication
By The Way
Zephyr Song
Dosed (one of my big favourites)
Fortune Faded (definately their best song out of the last 10, maybe 15, years)
Dani California (Last Dance With Mary Jane ;))
Desecration Smile
Especially In Michigan (best song on SA)

lizaloo 08-13-2007 10:11 PM

I'm going to see them next Thursday :p

Dave 1986 08-13-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizaloo (Post 768471)
I'm going to see them next Thursday :p

Don't let anything I've said put you off! :D

lizaloo 08-20-2007 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 768480)
Don't let anything I've said put you off! :D

I wont :)

I saw them before at T in the Park and wasnt that impressed. But hey, second time lucky maybe...?!