Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   NBJ - Everything Else (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Group Posts A Song About Crime They Commited, Get Arrested -- Concidence? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69502)

rocknation 03-10-2018 02:15 AM

Quote:

Vibe.com: Sierra Tarbutton pleaded guilty to criminal mischief and deadly conduct charges...for firing...a gun out of a car window...

Tarbutton...recklessly fired...out of the passenger side window...(as)...Michael Cuellar...drove...(In addition) Cuellar...shot...out of his window while driving...
Good thing the cops pulled over those idiots before a stray bullet struck someone. But wait -- if the cops knew they were pursuing a car from which people were firing bullets, wouldn't they have reacted a little more, shall we say, comprehensively?

So exactly how did Bonnie and Clyde get caught?
Quote:

Tarbutton was recorded by...Cuellar...as she...fired the weapon...(and) Cuellar record(ed) himself shooting...while driving...

Tarbutton...upload(ed) the footage to Snapchat...(where it) went viral...

Quote:

Tarbutton later explained...“We were drinking at the time and were riding around, shooting in the air...” An attorney for Tarbutton maintained that her target was “abandoned buildings...”
Disgraceful, of course -- but it can happen when teenagers, liquor, and guns get together. Since they did make an effort to prevent human casualties, however, and since I made my own share of stupid decisions as a teen, I'd be wiling to give them a break if they don't have any prior offenses: community service, counseling, a curfew, a no-contact order, maybe some drug testing, and definitely no internet, driving or gun ownership privileges. But wait -- since they are mentioned by name in the news stories, that means they AREN'T teenagers...
Quote:

Click2Houston.com: Tarbutton, 27, pleaded guilty to deadly conduct and criminal mischief charges and was sentenced to five years behind bars...Tarbutton was already serving six years deferred adjudication for harassing a police officer and threatening an officer’s children in 2015...
Quote:

Vibe: Cuellar, 29...turned himself in to authorities...also on charges of criminal mischief and deadly conduct...
And they have no one to blame but themselves -- quite literally.

rocknation 03-24-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

US News.com: Brianna Ashanti Lofton of Raleigh (North Carolina) made a brief court appearance...on charges including child abuse and contributing to the delinquency of a minor...

A newly released arrest warrant for the mother says the woman helped...her 1-year-old daughter...inhale the marijuana from a blunt.

Police were alerted to the case after a video of the (child) smoking received millions of views on social media...(T)he video...shows the hand of an adult off-screen holding the cigarillo to the child's lips. The child...(who) appears to inhale before letting out a puff of smoke...has been placed with child protective services.
Her Mom is the one who "blew" it...

rocknation 03-24-2018 10:58 PM

Not exactly high-tech self-snitching

but the moral of this story is important enough to merit bending the rules:

I plead guilty to having once spent a week driving without auto insurance. I only drove to and from work, took public transportation otherwise -- and most important, took great care NOT to do anything that might generate police attention...

On the ninth day of March, a self-snitcher gave to cops:
1 loaded 9mm magazine
10,400 dollars in cash
1 4-inch knife
1 collapsible baton
pepper spray
1 AR-15
335.5 grams (12 ounces) of marijuana
1 jar of hash resin
94.5 (3 ounces) grams of cocaine
11.6 grams (.4 ounces) of amphetamine powder
16.5 Xanax pills
1 Oxycodone pill
1 fruity cannabis edible bar
cannabis gummy edibles
5 handguns (one loaded in the passenger seat)
1 AK-47
ammunition
1 stun gun
1 pair of bolt cutters

rocknation 04-21-2018 05:35 AM

Quote:

DJBooth.net: 21-year-old Terrell Davis, known to the rap game as Ralo...(was)...raised in the infamously dangerous West Atlanta neighborhood The Bluff (an acronym for “Better Leave U Fcking Fool”)...From ages 12 to 19, he was incarcerated 34 times...

It was the drug game, though, and not his success as a rapper...that got Ralo out of The Bluff: “I was never able to produce more money in the rap game than I produced in the drug game. I made $12 million dollars in one year.” But he recently gave up dealing drugs...“because I’d rather be broke and free than rich and in jail.”

An admirable sentiment, surely. But in America, illegally earned income is taxable -- and since he couldn't pay the taxes without admitting that the money was illegally earned, publicly stating that he earned that much wasn't the smartest idea. Nor was it smart of Ralo to complain on Instagram that he'd "lost a million dollars in one day" the day after eight of his associates were busted for transporting several hundred pounds of weed from a private jet back in December.

Quote:

Despite Ralo’s lengthy criminal history, particularly dealing drugs, he’s never been a user. “I’ve never smoked or drank or done any drugs in my life...Music is my vice...”
That makes the charges that Ralo was found in the company of several hundred pounds of weed on a private jet last week look all the more like a frameup:

rocknation 05-31-2018 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1224894)
Guns and Weed Flaunted on YouTube, Cops Notice

...what part of "house arrest" do they not understand?

Did you happen to spot the red logo in the lower right corner of the video?

https://yt3.ggpht.com/a-/ACSszfGpqmW...ffffff-rj-k-no

It's the logo for ZackTV1 -- Zachary "ZackTV" Stoner is the one who filmed and posted the video that got those guys arrested.

rocknation 06-09-2018 01:10 AM

Quote:

WNEP.com, June 1, 7:39PM: ...(P)olice are investigating after a woman's body was found Thursday evening in a creek in Bradford County...around 5:30 p.m...Neighbors say a driver spotted the body in the water...

Matthew Haverly lives across the street. "...I was driving out earlier 'cause I saw all the state police out there. I was like, 'What's going on?' and now I realize that's what they were actually doing. I had no clue..."

Haverly says he lives in a close-knit community and that for many, this death investigation so close to home is alarming. "It's sad to say that's someone's either daughter, mother, whatever, both, child," he added...
Quote:

WNEP.com, June 2, 5:10PM: ...Investigators identified the woman found in the creek as Patricia Haverly, 60...and state police arrested her son Matthew Haverly...

...Haverly mentioned it could be someone's mother...during his interview with Newswatch 16 (and) said he thought it was someone from out of town...(Police) found evidence that led to them charging him with homicide...
He wanted to be famous for fifteen minutes? Now he'll get to be infamous for least twenty-five years! Next time, forget about making a film debut, lock up the house, put a "Mom and I Have Gone Fishing for a Year" sign on the door, and THEN "drive out!"

rocknation 06-16-2018 12:27 AM

Quote:

PopCulture.com: “PUBLIC NOTICE: If you believe you were sold bad drugs, we are offering a free service to test them for you,” the Putnam County (Florida USA) Sheriff’s Office wrote in a Facebook post that has since been shared more than 40,000 times...

Douglas Peter Kelly...was arrested and charged with possession of methamphetamine after a “violent reaction” to the drug led him requesting police to test it so that he could sue his dealer...
While Mr. Kelly's consumerist spirit is certainly laudable, it only applies to the LEGAL purchases of LEGAL substances...let the buyer beware!

rocknation 07-03-2018 09:45 PM

Yet another reason to "watch" what you post online

Quote:

MTO News: ...AP The Jeweler...claims that Sean (Kingston) ran off on some of his jewelry...(AP)...wrote on his (Instagram) page:
"Somebody tell this fat jelly roll eating...pussy ass bitch I’m looking for him...(His) momma more gangsta than him...He ran off...like he always do, but only difference is I’m not one of them...jewelers who's playing with the(ir) daddy and mommy('s) money...I’m not calling cops or taking you to court. I’m going to the streets somewhere where you scared to be...

"Whoever can drop (the) location of Sean Kingston I will give you a free Rolex!"
Officers...swooped in...and arrested AP...lock(ing) him up on unspecified charges related to the threats...
Kingston's mother wrote on her Instagram page, "If I would have told the police, y'all would say 'She a snitch.' But no bro I'm a GGGG." Well, seeing as AP The Jeweler is the one who snitched, that's a moot point!
:roll:

rocknation 07-11-2018 02:48 AM

Quote:

CBS4 News Miami 5/17/2018: A traffic stop by Miami-Dade Police lead to a stunning discovery this week: a car filled with a half dozen assault rifles and pistols, $20,000 in cash and more than 10 bottles with liquids that you normally need prescriptions for including promethazine with cocaine...

CBS4 obtained a photo exclusively from Miami-Dade police showing the evidence in this case...Police have arrested 33-year-old Ras Cates and 20-year-old Lizmixell Batista...Cates initially got out of his car...(and) said he was armed...had a concealed weapons permit to carry a firearm...(and) had two additional firearms...When they opened the trunk, that’s when they were in for a surprise,” said...Detective Alvaro Zabaleta...

Just another day at the office, right? Not quite -- let the self-snitching begin!
Quote:

Wat-If.com: ...Body-camera footage from the incident showed an officer never got Cates’ permission to search his vehicle’s trunk but “instead commanded defendant to pop the trunk,” prosecutors wrote.

...(The) defense attorney said he found it “disturbing” that police “went on TV and engaged in incendiary speculation without knowing the facts or even acknowledging the rampant violations of my clients’ constitutional rights.”
Quote:

CBS4 News Miami 9/6/2018: ...Officers ran the firearms and permits – they all came back as legal.

The police...told Cates to pop the trunk in order to secure the guns...officers spotted three more guns and a backpack that they said was emitting a strong odor of marijuana. The officers...searched the bag...and found what appeared to be marijuana oil...a small amount of marijuana and four bottles of what they suspected was liquid codeine...(T)hey also seized $19,934 from Batista’s purse suspecting it was drug money...Batista explained that hers was a cash only job...

A judge later ruled that the money was to be returned because there was no probable cause for the seizure...The state also declined to press charges after determining “(The) search of the trunk was illegal. Officers did not have...authority or consent to search...”
The police are also obliged the pay the couple's legal fees. A little patience on Detective Zabaleta's part would have gone a long way, especially since the evidence so clearly favored the suspects. Here's hoping that the cops responsible will be "surprised" with a transfer to the police canine kennel cleaning unit!

rocknation 07-15-2018 07:19 AM

There's a movie where a killer determines the fate of his victims by a coin toss:

Apparently, these cops have seen it:

Quote:

TMZ: ...Two Georgia (USA) cops giggl(e) while using a coin flip app to determine if they should arrest a speeding motorist...

Officers Courtney Brown and Kristee Wilson...(of the) Roswell PD pulled over Sarah Webb...for driving 80 MPH in a 45 MPH zone on a rainy day...(They) were trying to decide whether to simply give Webb a ticket for reckless driving or arrest her...and opted for a coin flip.

On the video -- recorded by the officers' own body cams -- you can hear Officer Wilson say, "A (arrest) head, R (release) tail." Brown says "Okay" and laughs. Despite the fact it came up tails...the cops opted to arrest Webb.

Webb had no idea about the coin flip until Atlanta's WXIA (TV station) uncovered the video...(T)he cops are on administrative leave during an internal affairs investigation -- and Webb's charges were dropped.
Quote:

11Alive WXIA.com: (The) traffic stop happened in early April, but Roswell didn't put (the) officers...on administrative leave before 11Alive started asking questions two months later...

Webb said..."(The prosecutor) said, 'I have watched the videos and I absolutely refuse to prosecute this case...'

"Wow, these people put my freedom in the hands of a coin flip...that's disgusting."
https://rocktivity.com/Graphics/eew.gif