Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The official U2 topic (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47856)

Kev Bee 03-09-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 910785)
Aloha !

Sure. As if songs like Any Other Day, Lost Highway and Whole Lot Of Leavin' are that terrible.

U2 aren't evolving or moving into a different direction. They've been recreating the same stuff for over 10 years, and if evolving means making shit records like they did in the nineties I'd rather have them staying the same. The average fan wishes U2 would play their 1980-1992 stuff non stop and doesn't care about the later stuff, yet the average Bon Jovi fan wants to hear It's My Life in concert. Yet I've never heard anyone say "I hope they're playing Beautiful Day!". As soon as U2 starts to experiment the results are crap, so most average fans rather have U2 being a tribute band than do what they're doing nowadays.

Nothing good has come from their dance influenced stuff apart from Mysterious Ways and nobody would mind if U2 would skip their entire nineties period on their setlists. Now compare that to Bon Jovi, where fans demand stuff from 2 decades and even hope for stuff from the more mediocre post 2000 stuff. So when it comes to evolution; There are bigger differences in between Crush and Have A Nice Day as there are between ATYCLB and U2's latest effort of creating something decent. The very fact that U2 had the guts to release something as appaling as Get On Your Boots pretty much shows that Bon Jovi knows where evolution stops.

One Wild Night is as much of a rock song as Bad Name is, yet none of U2's efforts over the past 15 years have rocked as hard as their eighties stuff.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

i have to disagree about the 90's period, i was in the audience in manchester when they pulled out zoo station and the fly and the crowd went wild.

Sorry but lost highway - the fact it references a "plastic dashboard jesus" i think jon should quit and start writing crap like that for the likes of britney! he is a pop song writer now, not a rock song writer.

Supersonic 03-09-2009 11:06 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev Bee (Post 910787)
Sorry but lost highway - the fact it references a "plastic dashboard jesus" i think jon should quit and start writing crap like that for the likes of britney! he is a pop song writer now, not a rock song writer.

Ahem, you're quoting Jon's lyrics when the latest U2 single has lyrics like:

The future needs a big kiss
Winds blows with a twist
Never seen a moon like this
Can you see it too?

They're supposed to be deep and with metaphors but in fact they just don't make any sense at all and are just a bunch of words that rhyme. Just like the lyrics to Vertigo. And Elevation. And Window In The Skies. And in fact most of U2's latest lyrics. So that plastic dashboard Jesus in fact makes more sense in the song than any of the stuff U2 has written in Get On Your Boots, and has nothing to do with pop or rock at all.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

slippery89 03-10-2009 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 910785)
Aloha !

So when it comes to evolution; There are bigger differences in between Crush and Have A Nice Day as there are between ATYCLB and U2's latest effort of creating something decent.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

That is so true, major difference with just Crush and Have A Nice Day.

Crushgen24/88 03-10-2009 03:45 AM

Hey wow, look I'm someone who like U2 AND Bon Jovi, ****ing wild I know.:rolleyes:
Anyway, I do love me some U2, though I do think there is tendency for them to get overrated. I think the new album is mostly alright, but it's certainly not 5 Stars, nor is it anywhere near as good as the band's classic material IMHO.

danfan 03-11-2009 06:57 PM

I've never understood the U2 hysteria. I agree with Seb - They've got about 15 good songs. In fact, I've got 16 on my Ipod. The rest are crap.

I hate Bono's voice in 90% of their songs. Their lyrics have sucked for more than a decade. The other 3 clowns in the band would be flipping burgers at McDonalds if it wasn't for Bono's work for humanity.

zero_zero_UFO 03-11-2009 08:56 PM

Agree with everything Seb has said here....

However i am going. My brother asked, and i've dragged him to a gig or two before.... Fingers crossed for those 15 decent songs then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev Bee (Post 910724)
the stage is a 360 degree stage, it is not "in the round" as it were, ie, in the middle of the stadium, it is still based at one end.

Not exactly innovative, Foo Fighters did that last year.

mo_rizwan 03-19-2009 02:14 PM

Does anyone know the full Price List for tomorrow's general Sale?

It just says £30-£150 on TicketMaster.

BeExcellent 03-19-2009 02:25 PM

GA £55
Seats £30 - £150

mo_rizwan 03-19-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent (Post 912081)
GA £55
Seats £30 - £150

What about GC?

asok80 03-20-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 912082)
What about GC?

Don't think there's a GC. There's the Red Zone auction that will take place later. Those are zones to the left and to the right of the stage, not too close to the stage though, and from what I\ve heard theres gonna be a lottery on the day to determine who gets in closest to the stage area.