Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The official U2 topic (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47856)

SemiGiovi 03-31-2009 10:10 PM

Well not a very big U2 fan, and realy only want to hear the older songs, just like most people who go to U2 concerts, but hey i have to grab every opertunity to see Seb and bro right? ;)

And Bono realy cant sing live anymore.... think he needs to see JBJ's vocal coach :mrgreen:

Thunderstrucker 03-31-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiGiovi (Post 913882)
but hey i have to grab every opertunity to see Seb and bro right? ;)

You almost had me believing you.

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

mo_rizwan 04-03-2009 05:19 PM

Which is the Best U2 Live DVD to get?

Thunderstrucker 04-03-2009 05:46 PM

I'd say:

1. Vertigo The best in sound (LPCM Stereo and DD 5.1 and DTS included) and the best in video.
2. Slane Castle
3. Popmart

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

slippery89 04-04-2009 06:35 AM

I would say either Vertigo from Chicago, great sound and a great set or Zoo TV from Sydney-great set-the peak of their career.

Also Live from Paris wasn't that bad, it's just the sound quality was less better than the ones above, but a great set.

Crushgen24/88 04-04-2009 07:28 AM

My personal favorite is the Slane one, though I haven't seen them all.

mo_rizwan 04-04-2009 03:25 PM

Right, well I purchased Chicago yesterday.

Do any of yous suggest I get Boston and Slane Castle as well?

I'm only preparing for the Wembley show.

EDIT: Got Slane Castle today :)

Simon 04-08-2009 03:17 PM

I'm confused.

First, in this thread for the first time ever I see Seb really defending Bon Jovi, kind of.

Second, I'm surprised about the dislikement (is there such word?) against U2. I've never been their biggest fan, but had my phases and own almost everything by them, but I thought their releases in this decade where among their best. In fact, the albums that I listen to the most are "All That You Can't Leave Behind" and "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb". They just have great songs, while I really couldn't get into "No Line On The Horizon" yet.

From what I've heard on the Boston DVD (Elevation tour) Bono's voice was quite good and the concert amazing. When I saw that DVD I swore to myself to see them live on the next tour. Didn't get tickets then, and this time I don't bother as it's just too expensive, I study abroad and prefer travelling right now. But I'm sure they have more than 15 decent songs to put on a great show (at leas I would come up with more), from all I've seen they create a great atmosphere during their shows. For instance, the Milano concert that came with "18 Singles" special edition blew me away.

On a sidenote to Seb, "Beautiful Day" is a great song, many people I know really like this, and I would love to hear it live. Among with many other newer songs. I mean, take "Kite" or "In A Little While" alone, or "Miracle Drug"...

I agree: Ticket prices are insane, Bono's praching is annoying, there is a tendency to overrate them. Yes, they did some crap in the 90s, but anyway I find songs I like. Lately I listened to the remix of "Discoteque" from The Best Of 1990-2000 and for the first time I loved the song, cool riff.

Thunderstrucker 04-08-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 914338)
Right, well I purchased Chicago yesterday.

Do any of yous suggest I get Boston and Slane Castle as well?

I'm only preparing for the Wembley show.

EDIT: Got Slane Castle today :)

And what do you thinks of those DVD's ?

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

mo_rizwan 04-08-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 915110)
And what do you thinks of those DVD's ?

I prefer Slane Castle, but both are Great.

I've been told by many that Boston is the one to get. Will be gettting that soon.....