Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   40th Anniversary Boxset (2023) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70845)

Eveline 03-02-2022 09:17 AM

Wow that's quite a list!

Matrix15 03-02-2022 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1277919)
Wow that's quite a list!

and Mona Lisa isn't even on it!

Captain_jovi 03-02-2022 04:50 PM

These are all songs pulled from ASCAP/BMI copyright registries. I guess Mona Lisa never hit that stage oddly. Though I don't think I've seen I STILL HAVE HOPE on any lists prior, where did you find that one?

adrianoizar 03-02-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1277927)
These are all songs pulled from ASCAP/BMI copyright registries. I guess Mona Lisa never hit that stage oddly. Though I don't think I've seen I STILL HAVE HOPE on any lists prior, where did you find that one?

I spent yesterday afternoon going through the entire catalog of the band registered at ASCAP, and among the songs there that the band didn't release on official cds and other artists didn't record, these 48 stood out.
So I can say that this list was made by me, just out of curiosity so that all of us fans are aware of these songs.

Captain_jovi 03-02-2022 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianoizar (Post 1277928)
I spent yesterday afternoon going through the entire catalog of the band registered at ASCAP, and among the songs there that the band didn't release on official cds and other artists didn't record, these 48 stood out.
So I can say that this list was made by me, just out of curiosity so that all of us fans are aware of these songs.

Got it. I'm not seeing I Still Have Hope registered, how did you find that one?

My gut says the majority of the new(er) songs registered over the last two years are either from Jon changing his publishing OR ear-marked for this project.

Dave 1986 03-02-2022 06:47 PM

40th Anniversary Boxset (2023)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1277905)
About Cadillac Man, I don't know if there is a studio or demo version, but if there isn't, I hope they at least have a good take of Soundcheck, and if not, then they should make a specific studio recording for it to be included in the box set. This might seem like an aberration to some, but I think that if the essence is respected, and even Jon calls Richie once and for all to collaborate at least on this project, it could be the icing on the cake.

I think it’s been confirmed already that there is no studio version “Cadillac Man” and was only ever played live. I would still take a live, soundboard recording or even a newly studio-recorded version. I think current version of the band (with or without Richie) could pull that off. Never got all the fuss over this song in particular but still a nice one to include in some form.

bonjovi90 03-02-2022 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1277932)
I think it’s been confirmed already that there is no studio version “Cadillac Man” and was only ever played live. I would still take a live, soundboard recording or even a newly studio-recorded version. I think current version of the band (with or without Richie) could pull that off. Never got all the fuss over this song in particular but still a nice one to include in some form.

I also think it's hyped way too much. A live recording, yes, but I don't think one would need to go back into the studio for that. Just listen to Living Next Door To Alive by Smokie :mrgreen:

adrianoizar 03-02-2022 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1277929)
Got it. I'm not seeing I Still Have Hope registered, how did you find that one?

My gut says the majority of the new(er) songs registered over the last two years are either from Jon changing his publishing OR ear-marked for this project.

Attachment 1706

I also found it on the ASCAP website, look for this information you will also find it.
In this case my browser translated the name of the song to Portuguese, but the original name is "I Still Have Hope"

rolo_tomachi 03-02-2022 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianoizar (Post 1277915)
Apart from all these songs that you have already mentioned here, I have other names noted here that may be possible options for this new BOX.

01 - A LITTLE FAITH (BON JOVI JON, FALCON BILLY)
02 - I STILL HAVE HOPE (BONGIOVI JOHN F, CHILD DESMOND, SAMBORA RICHARD S)
03 - ALL IN THE NAME OF LOVE (BON JOVI JON, HUDSON MARK, STEWART DAVID ALLAN)
04 - ALL THE WAY BACK HOME (BON JOVI JON, SAMBORA RICHARD S, SEXTON CHARLIE)
05 - ALL WE ARE (BON JOVI JON, JAMES BRETT)
06 - ALONE (BON JOVI JON, CARLSSON ANDREAS MIKAEL, CHILD DESMOND, SAMBORA RICHARD S)
07 - ARMAGEDDON (BONGIOVI JOHN F, CAPORUSCIO ALDO)
08 - BABY COME BACK (BONGIOVI JOHN F, POLLES JAMES)
09 - BORN IN THE 60'S (BONGIOVI JOHN F, CHILD DESMOND, WARREN DIANE EVE)
10 - BURN WITH ME (BON JOVI JON, SAMBORA RICHARD S, SHANKS JOHN M)
11 - CADILLAC MAN (BONGIOVI JOHN F, SAMBORA RICHARD S)
12 - CLOSING TIME (BONGIOVI JOHN F, FALCON BILLY)
13 - CRAZY (ABOUT ME) (BON JOVI JON, HUDSON MARK, VALLANCE JAMES DOUGLAS)
14 - DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS (BONGIOVI JOHN F, STEWART DAVE)
15 - GOOD AINT GOOD ENOUGH (BON JOVI JON)
16 - GOOD DAYS FOR HARD TIMES (BON JOVI JON, HODGES DAVID HALL, SHANKS JOHN)
17 - HARD TO MAKE A LIVING (BON JOVI JON, FALCON BILLY, SAMBORA RICHARD S)
18 - HELL IS LIVING WITHOUT YOU (Bon Jovi Version) (BONGIOVI JOHN F , CHILD DESMOND, COOPER ALICE, SAMBORA RICHARD S)
19 - HURT YOU LIKE THAT (BONGIOVI JOHN F, FALCON BILLY)
20 - I GOTTA BE ME (BON JOVI JON, CARLSSON ANDREAS MIKAEL, CHILD DESMOND)
21 - I WON'T LET YOU DOWN (BONGIOVI JOHN F, HUDSON MARK, KING CAROLE)
22 - I'LL HELP YOU OUT (BONGIOVI JOHN F, CHILD DESMOND)
23 - I’M A SOLDIER (BON JOVI JON, SAMBORA RICHARD S)
24 - I’M WANTED (BENNETT LENNIE DE JUAN, BONGIOVI JOHN F, COUSIN MATTHEW ENRIQUE, SAMBORA RICHARD S, SAVAGE TAMARA)
25 - IT'S GOOD TO BE A MAN (BONGIOVI JOHN F, FALCON BILLY, VALLANCE JIM)
26 - LIFE'S TOO SHORT FOR DAYS LIKE THESE (BONGIOVI JOHN F, FALCON BILLY)
27 - LIVE FOREVER (BONGIOVI JOHN F, FALCON BILLY)
28 - LIVE WITH REGIS (BONGIOVI JOHN F, CAPORUSCIO ALDO)
29 - MY NEW ADDICTION (BON JOVI JON, HUDSON MARK, VALLANCE JAMES DOUGLAS)
30 - NEVER STOP ME (BONGIOVI JOHN F, FUHRMAN DEREK, KULCHINSKY RYAN STAR, WATTENBERG GREGG STEVEN)
31 - ONE MAN BAND (BAZILIAN ERIC M, BONGIOVI JOHN F, CHILD DESMOND)
32 - ONE OF A KIND (BON JOVI JON, GRAKAL DEAN MICHAEL, HUDSON MARK)
33 - OPEL CORSA (BONGIOVI JOHN F, SAMBORA RICHARD S, SANDBERG MARTIN KARL)
34 - RAGE OF ANGELS (BON JOVI JON, CHILD DESMOND)
35 - RUMBLE IN THE HOUSE (BONGIOVI JOHN F, LEONARD PATRICK RAYMOND, SAMBORA RICHARD S)
36 - SEVEN WAYS (BON JOVI JON, JAMES BRETT, SAMBORA RICHARD S)
37 - SEX SELLS (BON JOVI JON, CAFFEY CHARLOTTE, HUDSON MARK)
38 - SHADOW DANCING (BON JOVI JON, HUDSON MARK)
39 - SONG FOR ANYONE (BON JOVI JON, CHILD DESMOND, SAMBORA RICHARD S)
40 - THE GHOST OF A GOOD THING (BON JOVI JON, CHILD DESMOND, SAMBORA RICHARD S)
41 - THE HAND YOU HOLD (BONGIOVI JOHN F, MILLER DOMINIC JAMES, THORN PAUL WAYNE)
42 - THIS TIME (BONGIOVI JOHN F, POLLES JAMES MICHAEL)
43 - WE ALL SLEEP ALONE (Bon Jovi Version) (BONGIOVI JOHN F, CHILD DESMOND, SAMBORA RICHARD S)
44 - WHEN I RULE THE WORLD (BON JOVI JON, JAMES BRETT, LINDSEY HILLARY LEE)
45 - WHEN YOU WALK IN THE ROOM (BON JOVI JON, GRAKAL DEAN MICHAEL, HUDSON MARK)
46 - WHO STOLE THE THUNDER (BON JOVI JON, SESKIN STEVE JAY)
47 - YOU ARE HERE (BON JOVI JON, JAMES BRETT, LINDSEY HILLARY)
48 - YOU RE NOT MY LOVER (BUT YOU WERE LAST NIGHT) (Bon Jovi Version) (BON JOVI JON, CHILD DESMOND, SAMBORA RICHARD S)

Regardless of what's to come, I'm looking forward to it

Most of these titles I had already read many years ago. I don't think the new Box Set will include much of that list, I think it will be full of 2005-2020 songs, produced by Shanks.

Remember when that fake Burning Bridges track list was leaked? When we got to know the official track list, almost everything was unknown titles.

Does anyone know if Jon ever recorded his version of the Elvis In Vegas song? If that exists, I'd love to hear it.

YOVANAfromPeru 03-03-2022 12:39 AM

So today I listened the CD1 of the box set in honor of Jon Bon Jovi's birthday lol. And I gotta say I see far every time this new box set. Maybe they wanna repeat it in 2024.