Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   40th Anniversary Boxset (2023) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70845)

Captain_jovi 10-09-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1275830)
Was Fighter for Love ever properly recorded, if even Cadillac Man (supposedly) wasn't? Same for the "too dark" Bounce stuff. Would love to hear it, but then again, some didn't "even leave the notebook" as per JBJ/RS (I think it was mentioned in that giant interview up on BJ.com during the Bounce era).

But yeah, if possible, give me all of these. Also +1 for better quality versions of tracks like Game of the Heart (but preferrably all new ones from that era, too).

I recall "Crying" was the one that didn't leave the notebook for being too sad. "Alone" is the one that was registered on ASCAP so it must have gotten further than that. I'm not sure what it implies when it's on that site, does it mean an ASCAP member could purchase the rights to the song to cover themselves, implying a version already exists or could it just be lyrics and sheet music?

SuperBrad 10-10-2021 12:37 AM

You guys have covered just about everything im interested in getting ;) still fairly obsessed with Cadillac Man and some sex sells stuff …. Hey does anyone remember a song called “the ballad of Alice Cooper “ being mentioned by Jon in an interview or it may have been Alice himself mentioned that Jon had written the song for him but he didnt take it because he thought would be too weird singing a song about himself ……

bonjovi90 10-10-2021 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1275832)
You guys have covered just about everything im interested in getting ;) still fairly obsessed with Cadillac Man and some sex sells stuff …. Hey does anyone remember a song called “the ballad of Alice Cooper “ being mentioned by Jon in an interview or it may have been Alice himself mentioned that Jon had written the song for him but he didnt take it because he thought would be too weird singing a song about himself ……

Yeah but I think that was just a fun thing and Jon played it on Rockline in 1990 (together with the extended version of Blood Money). Pretty sure that's on YouTube as well [emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

bonjovi90 10-10-2021 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1275830)
Was Fighter for Love ever properly recorded, if even Cadillac Man (supposedly) wasn't? Same for the "too dark" Bounce stuff. Would love to hear it, but then again, some didn't "even leave the notebook" as per JBJ/RS (I think it was mentioned in that giant interview up on BJ.com during the Bounce era).

But yeah, if possible, give me all of these. Also +1 for better quality versions of tracks like Game of the Heart (but preferrably all new ones from that era, too).

I vaguely remember quote in the Q&A sections of the old fan club magazines around 1990 where Jon answered that it wasn't recorded in the studio either. But I really can't recall it for sure. He definitely said that about Cadillac Man in one of these magazines at the time though.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 10-10-2021 01:39 AM

To all this, I wonder if they also have a new album ready or in process for 2022.

bonboy25 10-10-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1275835)
To all this, I wonder if they also have a new album ready or in process for 2022.

I wonder if they will instead release a new song or two when they announce a tour. Potentially before end of this year, at a guess. To get some excitement along the fans, although the song won't do well cause modern Bon Jovi

Captain_jovi 10-10-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1275837)
I wonder if they will instead release a new song or two when they announce a tour. Potentially before end of this year, at a guess. To get some excitement along the fans, although the song won't do well cause modern Bon Jovi

Yeah I think we'll get an EP or a rerelease of 2020 with some bonus tracks.

blazeofglory 10-10-2021 03:42 PM

I think they'll put out a new album when they go on tour. Earlier this year Jon mentioned working on a new album a couple times and I don't think they'd wanna pass up on the opportunity to make both the album sales and the ticket sales benefit from each other. They go on tour - people will be more likely to buy their newest record because they'll wanna get up to speed with the band, they put out a new record - they might win some new fans who will want to go see them live as well.

With 2020 being strongly tied to a very specific point in time I can't really imagine Jon wanting to re-release it again 2 years later, especially with some of the songs (like Do What You Can) not even being current anymore topically. (And he's also said that he's done with the topical songs for now and wants to put out a big optimistic Bon Jovi™️ record next.) I also don't think Jon, the songwriter™️, will want to put out an EP when he can just put out a full length album.

Litneg 10-10-2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1275845)
Yeah I think we'll get an EP or a rerelease of 2020 with some bonus tracks.

Well, the band has had recording sessions this year for a new (full) record - 1st in February, 2nd between June/July. Now they announced that they're getting together this week for rehearsals.. I'm thinking we might have a big surprise for the RT - a Bon Jovi intimate show - or they will announce a new single and, this time, will promote it properly with the band on TV and radios.

They need to start doing some stuff, 'cause the next tour kicks off next May/June.

Captain_jovi 10-10-2021 05:16 PM

Fair points, yeah. I mean just because they've been in the studio it doesn't mean everything will see the light of day. 23 bed tracks were recorded for 2020 before Jon realized only handful of those songs made the final version.

I don't know if I see them doing a whole new marketing campaign for a full album but they'll absolutely put SOMETHING out to have a reason to tour. But they could also be saving Beautiful Drug or another single to promote the tour. Though what's left? Brothers in Arms, Blood in the Water, Beautiful Drug and Let it Rain. No way in hell would they put out Lower the Flag. As to the rumours of Luv Can getting a video shot, they could potentially use that song as a "new" single.

Doesn't make sense to call it the 2020 tour or whatever.