Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   LOL vid--Rush goofing around onstage (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=51657)

rocknation 08-25-2010 06:15 PM

LOL vid--Rush goofing around onstage

1:10 Alex Lifeson: "Eww, Peart's going off on one of his musical ego trips again. Might as well take a little nap..."

1:18 Neil Peart: "Ten seconds out of the limelight, and he melts down like the Wicked Witch of the West. Wait your turn, and if you don't like it, fire me!"

1:58 Geddy Lee: "My apologies, ladies and gentlemen, for my ego-tripping colleagues. I'm the most professional person on this stage...and I'm the one who's performing in front of a pair of clothes dryers!"
http://www.rocktivity.com/Graphics/rofl.gif

Kathleen 08-26-2010 03:08 AM

Rush is a favorite band of mine. I've been a fan for a long time. Have you seen the documentary?

rocknation 08-26-2010 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1011495)
Rush is a favorite band of mine. I've been a fan for a long time. Have you seen the documentary?

No, what's it called? Did you see them on Steve Colbert? I'm still trying to figure how they got Neil's kit into the studio!

Kathleen 08-26-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1011514)
No, what's it called? Did you see them on Steve Colbert? I'm still trying to figure how they got Neil's kit into the studio!

The documentary is called Beyond the Lighted Stage. It's new and is for sale in all the usual formats, but it will also be shown on vh1 Classic at 6:30 tonight here in Jersey :) It gets rave reviews.

I'd say they got the drums in piece by piece. LOL I saw that when it was on and saw them on that tour at PNC.

Bleeding Purist 08-26-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1011547)
The documentary is called Beyond the Lighted Stage. It's new and is for sale in all the usual formats, but it will also be shown on vh1 Classic at 6:30 tonight here in Jersey :) It gets rave reviews.

Thanks for the heads up. I missed the premiere a couple of weeks back. Just saw them two weeks ago at Irvine. They definitely delivered!

Kathleen 08-28-2010 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1011570)
Thanks for the heads up. I missed the premiere a couple of weeks back. Just saw them two weeks ago at Irvine. They definitely delivered!

Nice - I just saw a 2 DVD set posted on dime from the Irvine show. Perhaps I should download it (as if I need an excuse LOL)

Bleeding Purist 08-28-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1012127)
Nice - I just saw a 2 DVD set posted on dime from the Irvine show. Perhaps I should download it (as if I need an excuse LOL)

What??? Oh shit, I need to get on that when I get home. Thanks for the heads up!

The only thing... again the sound level, or at least the bass, was underwhelming. I've been to plenty of shows at Irvine. Ozzy was my first one there and the level was FEROCIOUS. The affect on the crowd had everyone going ape shit. My seat for Rush was in the same Orchestra row as Ozzy. My friend who went saw No Doubt there a couple of months back and said the level was very satisfying. We were both left wanting at Rush. What is it with Rock Bands these days? It it the age of the band members?

Irvine is stadium seating from front to back so the sound is blasted directly at you. There really is no excuse.

rocknation 08-29-2010 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1012134)
The only thing...the sound level, or at least the bass, was underwhelming. I've been to plenty of shows at Irvine. Ozzy was my first one there and the level was FEROCIOUS...My seat for Rush was in the same Orchestra row as Ozzy...We were both left wanting...

That might have to do with Geddy preferring to plug his bass directly into the PA system: he literally doesn't use amplifiers. But between Alex's wall of amps and the acreage of Neil's drum kit, Geddy feels his section of the stage looks empty--hence the clothes dryers, snack machines, and rotisserie chicken makers.

Kathleen 09-11-2010 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1012134)
What??? Oh shit, I need to get on that when I get home. Thanks for the heads up!

You know - I just finished watching this for the 2nd time. God I love this band - always have. They rock and write intelligent lyrics too - and they have been secure enough to take chances over the years.

I hear the same crap about no female fans that I used to hear about Led Zeppelin though. I don't get it - my original favorite band is Zeppelin.

Kathleen 09-14-2010 02:48 AM

I just ordered my very own Blu-ray version of Behind the Lighted Stage. Some things you just gotta have.