Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

angelsambo 08-16-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1266335)
I always wish the next Bon Jovi album was produced by Brendan O'Brien. Some day...?

I would choose Dave Cobb

Jack27 08-21-2020 09:05 AM

There’s a picture of Phil on Instagram saying “i’m SO not into flying today” as he travels to an airport. Perhaps the live recording Jon was mentioning of the new album?

faith1985 08-21-2020 02:50 PM

And Hugh was practicing as well.I think it is very nice that they are getting more creative.

And doing a performing the whole album and streaming it is a great idea.

Faceman 08-21-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1266388)
And doing a performing the whole album and streaming it is a great idea.

Yeah, just like it was with Lost Highway...

faith1985 08-21-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1266389)
Yeah, just like it was with Lost Highway...

You mean the one where they put on this pretty amazing version of Any Other Day?
Jon has done a nice thing with involving fans within Do what you can and the acoustic concert was not bad at alland now they are streaming the whole album. Why is that bad? If you dont like the music it is one thing, but it is something he also does for the fans plus he is donating money coming in from American Reckoning.he has done a lot more with these things than most people I know.Yes,he has got the resources and not a 9-to-5 job, but still. Plus the foodbank he is literally working at.

bonjovi90 08-21-2020 03:51 PM

He was probably referring to Jon performing Lost Highway in its entirety (also during tour concerts) went over like a lead balloon due to the many slow songs.

With THINFS, I found it somewhat interesting due to the personal stories inbetween, but from what I've heard thus far, I fear it's going to be rather dragging because of the slow-paced songs this time around.

JackieBlue 08-21-2020 03:58 PM

I enjoyed the THINFS promo shows better than the live shows from the tour itself. And I may be one of the few, but I actually liked the Lost Highway DVD. (Then again, I really like the Lost Highway album a lot; so that could be part of it!) :)

I'm hoping when they do 2020 I'll like the songs better in comtext; but I guess we'll see.

faith1985 08-21-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1266391)
He was probably referring to Jon performing Lost Highway in its entirety (also during tour concerts) went over like a lead balloon due to the many slow songs.

With THINFS, I found it somewhat interesting due to the personal stories inbetween, but from what I've heard thus far, I fear it's going to be rather dragging because of the slow-paced songs this time around.

I think it would be weird at a normal concert but if they doit like THINFS, it'll be interesting.

I don't think there are many slow songs on there. American Reckoning and Unbroken, yes, but most of the other ones should be more up beat.

And this time I think more people here are ok with the new songs.

Captain_jovi 08-21-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1266391)

That's a REALLY good point. Tonally it hasn't been to uptempo. Like or em or not, LH at least had some "up" sounding songs.

bonjovi90 08-21-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1266392)
I enjoyed the THINFS promo shows better than the live shows from the tour itself. And I may be one of the few, but I actually liked the Lost Highway DVD. (Then again, I really like the Lost Highway album a lot; so that could be part of it!) :)

I'm hoping when they do 2020 I'll like the songs better in comtext; but I guess we'll see.

I'm hoping the same because, so far, I've been more than underwhelmed by them. And I actually liked THINFS at the time :D
Ironically, I enjoy the LH album, but never got into that Live DVD they released there.