Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

rolo_tomachi 08-21-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1266386)
There’s a picture of Phil on Instagram saying “i’m SO not into flying today” as he travels to an airport. Perhaps the live recording Jon was mentioning of the new album?

mmm, When did Jon say live recording? As far as I know, he said a recording of the album as a movie or something, but he didn't say anything live. I understood that they would record videos for the rest of the songs and present it as a movie.

bonjovi90 08-21-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1266396)
mmm, When did Jon say live recording? As far as I know, he said a recording of the album as a movie or something, but he didn't say anything live. I understood that they would record videos for the rest of the songs and present it as a movie.

Given that Limitless and Unbroken basically have no storylines and especially none that you can connect to a movie, I very much was under the assumption they'd play it live in some setting and then release it in order to make up for the cancelled concerts.
That "all videos" thing was a deal on the side of Tidal who paid for them to be made and I'm not sure something like this is in place this time around.

Captain_jovi 08-21-2020 09:30 PM

Yeah no one said movie and no one said anything about each song getting a video. The odds of them doing that feel slim and it's much more likely to be a life performance separated like the wine thing was.

rolo_tomachi 08-21-2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1266398)
Yeah no one said movie and no one said anything about each song getting a video. The odds of them doing that feel slim and it's much more likely to be a life performance separated like the wine thing was.

"Very proud of this album.
October the 2nd.
Not tour dates unfortunately.
But we're planing to film, pay attention people,
we're planing to film the album in its entirety for television broadcast and certainly on the internet.

So you're able to see the record that we made.
And we'll be doing it very very soon."

Sorry, but this doesn't sound like a random live show. It seems that they will be shooting images to accompany the songs on the album. Although I could be wrong.

Captain_jovi 08-21-2020 10:58 PM

I mean yeah, we know what he said. "Film" is a pretty broad term, as a verb that'd be an acceptable way to say they're taping a live band performance but logistically filming the entire album in a story sense in the middle of a pandemic.....why would he....do that?

rolo_tomachi 08-21-2020 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1266400)
I mean yeah, we know what he said. "Film" is a pretty broad term, as a verb that'd be an acceptable way to say they're taping a live band performance but logistically filming the entire album in a story sense in the middle of a pandemic.....why would he....do that?

Ok, I'm just saying that I didn't see the word Live anywhere.

JackieBlue 08-22-2020 01:23 AM

I just made the assumption that it was going to be like the LH DVD. With adjustments for the pandemic, of course.

I mean, is there some reason why they couldn't all get tested and, assuming no one is infected, set it up using a small stage/studio like they did at Grainger for LH or at one of the venues they used for the THINFS promos? Or am I oversimplifying?

Captain_jovi 08-22-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1266402)
I just made the assumption that it was going to be like the LH DVD. With adjustments for the pandemic, of course.

I mean, is there some reason why they couldn't all get tested and, assuming no one is infected, set it up using a small stage/studio like they did at Grainger for LH or at one of the venues they used for the THINFS promos? Or am I oversimplifying?

Nope that's dead on in the realm of possibility. If the band and crew are all tested, they should have the go-ahead. Alternatively it could be set up like the Hampton Water one was to limit the possibility of infection

Jack27 08-22-2020 02:26 PM

Realistically when do you think we’ll see the outcome?

Captain_jovi 08-22-2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1266406)
Realistically when do you think we’ll see the outcome?

*shrugs* No way of knowing at this point until they say something. We know so little about how far into rehearsals they are.