Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Jack27 08-24-2020 03:08 PM

Jon said “very, very soon” but that could have meant them recording it. We haven’t seen the video for Do What You Can Yet...but that’s unrelated. The album is 5 weeks away come this Friday. So my guess would be in two/three weeks but would love to be surprised and get it sooner. It was interesting to hear Phil describe the style of this album as “cleaner”

faith1985 08-24-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1266430)
Aloha !

There's plenty of people thinking these performances were good. Just have a look at any video with Jon Bon Jovi hitting a note that's just slightly above his lower range. People think he's capable of singing Always just because of that even though everything he sings sound flat and out of breath.

Really? What song on the DVD sounds better on the DVD than anywhere else?

The Hampton Water Concert was the first performance I enjoyed in a long time. Mr Brightside, Here Comes The Sun and Bad Name weren't bad at all.

Considering the LH DVD: Any Other Day was pretty amazing,IMO. And far frombeing boring

liljovi93 08-24-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1266433)
The Hampton Water Concert was the first performance I enjoyed in a long time. Mr Brightside, Here Comes The Sun and Bad Name weren't bad at all.

Considering the LH DVD: Any Other Day was pretty amazing,IMO. And far frombeing boring

Yeah, I'm with you on this. He still sounds crap and has had a lot of work on the vocals but it doesn't bother me anymore because it's always going to be doctored now and you either enjoy it for what it is or you don't.

The show itself wasn't fantastic or anything but enjoyable is the right word, for me anyway. Mr Brightside second verse was decent for today's standards. A couple of other songs weren't too bad either. The best thing was how much fun they had. It just made it a lot more enjoyable.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

angelsambo 08-24-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1266427)
Bon Jovi to play a 7 song set for iHeartRadio + the 2020 album in its entirety

https://youtu.be/_jfXpleqsfg

philx1111:
''as i mentioned, 1 show is 7 songs. the 2nd show is 20. plus some songs are in 440 & some are in Eb so you need a few in both & backups in case a string breaks.''

''well there are different tunings. most classic jovi is performed in Eb & the new record is mostly 440 so it's nice to have different sounds in both tunings & of course spares one case a string breaks. when i go out with the drills it's usually 2 guitars in a dbl gigbag. ROCK!!''

Faceman 08-24-2020 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1266430)
Aand you're saying the point of distribution ways for videos is nonsense?

Yes, I do. Because it doesn't change anything for Bon Jovi in 2020.
You might be right with the situation in 1997 (I can't check it either way) but your plea seems just to be for the sake of discussing. It adds nothing to the discussion.

Captain_jovi 08-24-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1266435)
philx1111:
''as i mentioned, 1 show is 7 songs. the 2nd show is 20. plus some songs are in 440 & some are in Eb so you need a few in both & backups in case a string breaks.''

''well there are different tunings. most classic jovi is performed in Eb & the new record is mostly 440 so it's nice to have different sounds in both tunings & of course spares one case a string breaks. when i go out with the drills it's usually 2 guitars in a dbl gigbag. ROCK!!''

VERY interesting that the new album is being performed in standard tuning. Thanks for finding that!

faith1985 08-24-2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1266434)
Yeah, I'm with you on this. He still sounds crap and has had a lot of work on the vocals but it doesn't bother me anymore because it's always going to be doctored now and you either enjoy it for what it is or you don't.

The show itself wasn't fantastic or anything but enjoyable is the right word, for me anyway. Mr Brightside second verse was decent for today's standards. A couple of other songs weren't too bad either. The best thing was how much fun they had. It just made it a lot more enjoyable.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I don't know anyone who had to take more crap for his voice than Jon. So I get why they get doctored. And I actually ennjoy his lower register more these days than I did when he was younger.

Yes, I wish them to have fun and Jon to get even more of his confidence back.

bonjovi90 08-24-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1266438)
I don't know anyone who had to take more crap for his voice than Jon. So I get why they get doctored.

It's doctored because it's necessary to do so? :mrgreen:

faith1985 08-24-2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1266439)
It's doctored because it's necessary to do so? :mrgreen:

:D:D

I am actually positively surprised that many people here liked the performance, that certainly means that they must have done a lot of doctoring :mrgreen:

Faceman 08-24-2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1266437)
VERY interesting that the new album is being performed in standard tuning. Thanks for finding that!

After 30 years of downtuning live Jon probably had the idea that it's way easier to record the songs right from the beginning in a lower key so they can play it live just like on the record :D

And to get a serious note in here as well: It would allow them to play the original track in the background as a back-up to Jon's live vocals as well. Just a thought...