Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Supersonic 08-24-2020 08:29 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1266436)
Yes, I do. Because it doesn't change anything for Bon Jovi in 2020.
You might be right with the situation in 1997 (I can't check it either way) but your plea seems just to be for the sake of discussing. It adds nothing to the discussion.

Yes it does, I just explained why it does. You bring up an example you can't back up and then tell me my point adds nothing to the discussion. And what plea is this you're talking about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1266441)
And to get a serious note in here as well: It would allow them to play the original track in the background as a back-up to Jon's live vocals as well. Just a thought...

What original track? The vocal track? It'd be possible if they'd tune it down as well, all they'd have to do is transpose it to the key they're performing in. Still, it's not going to work because Jon's studio vocals sound so very different from his live vocals. It'll be as if he's singing along with himself.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Captain_jovi 08-24-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1266441)
After 30 years of downtuning live Jon probably had the idea that it's way easier to record the songs right from the beginning in a lower key so they can play it live just like on the record :D

And to get a serious note in here as well: It would allow them to play the original track in the background as a back-up to Jon's live vocals as well. Just a thought...

For the most part the songs are recorded in standard and played live half a step down. If I understand Phil correctly everything is staying at standard tuning which would be a big difference (one I don't see the point of I guess?). I'm not sure I follow why they would need to play the original vocal track in the background, that's what Everett is for.

Faceman 08-24-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1266442)
Yes it does, I just explained why it does. You bring up an example you can't back up and then tell me my point adds nothing to the discussion.

Yes, you explained it. It might be true but it can't be checked either. Jon did a helluva lot of promo for DA. So I highly doubt your point that nobody knew about it. But it doesn't matter. The reason why your point doesn't add anything to the discussion is that it doesn't really matter if distribution for DA was different than it is today or not. My point is that the interest for the band/Jon is on an alltime low. Even if the conditions were the same there's no way a 2020 Bon Jovi movie would be a success.

Or do you, especially YOU, want to tell me the opposite? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1266443)
For the most part the songs are recorded in standard and played live half a step down.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Quote:

If I understand Phil correctly everything is staying at standard tuning which would be a big difference (one I don't see the point of I guess?).

Only the 2020 songs (if I understand him correctly).

Quote:

I'm not sure I follow why they would need to play the original vocal track in the background, that's what Everett is for.

I'm not saying they need to do it. It might just be an easy way to back him up.

Captain_jovi 08-24-2020 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1266444)

Yeah, that's what I said.

Maybe I misunderstood then, it was phrased as if this was something new when this has almost always been case. Gotcha gotcha.

jovifan93 08-25-2020 10:31 AM

The Destination Anywhere VHS also didn't sell because the whole thing was broadcast on MTV, IIRC. So people could tape it and didn't need to buy it.

Considering the tuning on the new album: well maybe the songs are already as low as Jon can handle and tuning them down a half step live would make them unsingable?

YOVANAfromPeru 08-25-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1266446)
Considering the tuning on the new album: well maybe the songs are already as low as Jon can handle and tuning them down a half step live would make them unsingable?

That would be worse than the coronavirus.
The tuning on 440 Hz is easier to set to everybody.
Songs like Unbroken and American Reckoning are horribly low, lower would be almost terrifying.
Limitless and Do What You Can are low too, if you think about it.
This album could be the lower Bon Jovi album ever, but if the songs are like Diamond Ring I have no problem. (*dreaming*)

jovifan93 08-25-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1266447)
That would be worse than the coronavirus.
The tuning on 440 Hz is easier to set to everybody.
Songs like Unbroken and American Reckoning are horribly low, lower would be almost terrifying.
Limitless and Do What You Can are low too, if you think about it.
This album could be the lower Bon Jovi album ever, but if the songs are like Diamond Ring I have no problem. (*dreaming*)

Well, that's what I meant - the songs are already horribly low, as you put it, and then lowering that even further live would sound even worse or maybe even not function at all.

steel_horse75 08-25-2020 02:31 PM

Wonder what the 7 other songs are?

Who says
Lost highway
Whole lot of leaving
Capt crash
Prayer acoustic.
2 covers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 08-25-2020 02:47 PM

Even great songs like Dying Ain't Much Of A Living were sang in a lower key. It works. But delivery is key. Emotion and passion. Which are now completely gone.

I'm sorry but I just can't get excited for this stuff anymore. Between the voice and the new music, live performances give me more anxiety then enjoyment now a days.

I'm still trying to unravel my brain as to why Jon was praying to TB during wine pong... And then starts chanting Tom Brady after he makes the shot... It's just as awkward as Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

kleman 08-25-2020 03:25 PM

There you go :