Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Captain_jovi 08-30-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1266565)
I maybe remembering things wrong, the old grey cells are not what they used to be haha. I'm probably mixing up the time lines, but in my mind, Richie always joined the recording for WAN late....I remember an interview with Richie saying that he got a call from Jon but told him he had to wait for him as he was busy with Aftermath. Maybe it was beginning the tour and not recording the album? I thought this was around the same time that Tico said he didn't want to come and work on the demos, but maybe not...

I think you're right. If the major recording for WAN happened AFTER Aftermath was done it would have been the writing sessions he was flying back and forth for and it was the promo/rehearsals for that happening when WAN was being recorded.

Faceman 08-30-2020 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1266551)
Well, David is probably more essential to being at the musical rehearsels than to playing his parts for the live recording. If they release the recording, I guess it would be different. And I do think that - since it is his musical - it is more important. You could also argue that Jon did not force him to be there which is a good thing. In the end, we dont know and I would not make a big thing out of it.

I'm not saying David's musical is less important or Jon should force him to come.
Actually I don't care who's to blame or not.
But since there are already more hired-guns onstage than original members, even if all remaining original members are there, I don't think it's a smart move to go on if one of those original members can't participate.

Faceman 08-30-2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1266554)
I don't think your analysis is correct though. If Dave was desparate to be there for a recording of his band's new album, I think he would make it happen. If Jon was desparate to have his keyboard player from his new album there, I think he would find a way to make it happen. COVID-19 is a cop out excuse. I appreciate it makes things more difficult but if this had happened in 2005, you can be sure that Dave would have been there.

Spot on!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1266559)
Don't forget too this isn't just about Dave. There are engineers, musicians, all the singers that would have been booked to record on this day, they would have kept their schedules free for this. To just cancel on them at a moments notice isn't really fair. Some sessions musicians may also have a cut off date for cancellations, so they may have even had to pay them if he had cancelled. Same with studio time.

That's what I was trying to say but with different words. With all the staff that's involved on both sides, I can't believe that anything was a last-minute-decision and that there wasn't a possibility to get both schedules together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1266553)
No but that's apples to oranges. Covid has made everything shift so unpredictably and you're talking as if you know one or the other wasn't last-ish minute. No one knows how the dates shifted between the album's new release date and Diana's recording date.

No, it isn't. Like I said above...
And no, I don't know anything for sure. But neither do you. So I guess we're once again agreeing to disagree on that one ;)

faith1985 08-30-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1266567)
I'm not saying David's musical is less important or Jon should force him to come.
Actually I don't care who's to blame or not.
But since there are already more hired-guns onstage than original members, even if all remaining original members are there, I don't think it's a smart move to go on if one of those original members can't participate.

I did not say that you meantthey agreed it that way, what I was saying is that maybe they agreed that it is ok to do it without David. Maybe it is not the best possible outcome to do it withour David but I don't know what the release plan is and what else they've got planned. There are many people involved, as mentioned before, plus the record company and iheart who might have a say in it as well.

Would be interesting to see whether they release it before the album comes out.

Jack27 08-30-2020 10:44 PM

I think we’ll see it sooner rather than later. It’s just a feeling! There was a picture of Jon being interviewed with an iHeart radio microphone on Instagram (Joe Lewis Company). I don’t think they’d record it without David unless it was to be released soon. Jon also said “very, very soon” on the Hampton Water after party.

Captain_jovi 08-31-2020 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1266568)

No, it isn't. Like I said above...
And no, I don't know anything for sure. But neither do you. So I guess we're once again agreeing to disagree on that one ;)

Hundred percent, but I'm not saying I know one way or the other, I'm saying I'm not bothered by it because everyone's schedules are messed up like crazy with so many moving parts.

I'm all good just disagreeing on this one :)

Javier 08-31-2020 05:36 AM

Are they quarantined before rehearsals and such? That puts a BIG damper on logistics as prep time between 1 project would need about 14 days difference between the other ending. Dave is just busy with his thing, it happens....

Captain_jovi 08-31-2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1266575)
Are they quarantined before rehearsals and such? That puts a BIG damper on logistics as prep time between 1 project would need about 14 days difference between the other ending. Dave is just busy with his thing, it happens....

I believe a few months ago Phil had to quarantine 14 days away from his family before going to work so it's very possible. But a few months ago feels like a lifetime so I'm not sure if that's changed.

Jack27 09-01-2020 05:11 PM

18th and 19th September - as per Jon on Instagram

angelsambo 09-03-2020 08:44 PM

who will listen to the 30-second snippets ?