Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official July 19 Wörthersee Stadion, Klagenfurt, Austria Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70607)

Tom_K 07-20-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1257451)
The concert started very cold but like a miracle EVERYTHING changed since THAT Born To Be My Baby; and right here, Phil sang very good that song. I heard Everett singing Have A Nice Day this time!!! It’s nice to see that the band is working together, having a fun time and rocking!!! (No need to talk about JBJ, DB or TT, or Always, I’d Die For You or Have A Nice Day!)
Am I the only one who saw when JBJ touched his D... in Keep The Faith O_O lol
It’s My Life worked this time!!! Knockout with outro, Wanted with ALL of us singing the verse, JBJ in his mood like the JBJ We all love; Excellent crowd, especially the guys of the real back, they were doing all kind of noises lol.
I ended in a bar this time, right in the side of that crazy lake, I guess... I was thirsty!

I got the impression Jon was really trying to get the crowd up in the first three songs. He was moving around more than usually. It worked.

He even asked the crowd to throw him a plastic bag of glitter and threw it in the air over his head. He was definitely in a good mood last night.

If only we could get the voice and Richie back too. :)

bonjovi90 07-20-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1257452)
Err, I'd Die For You wasn't a request; it was on the original setlist

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0HN7uOB...d=pneicb7apmhp

Jon's been doing that numerous times in the past though. Once he had read a sign and it was played at a following show, he looked for a similar request and made it seem like he spontaneously threw that one in. Happened in Mannheim with Miss Fourth of July and in Stuttgart with WAN songs as well. He's just playing it smart there.

BJFan99 07-20-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kova (Post 1257458)
I'm gonna take it out on some people on this forum right now.

I always thought that Jon is saving himself for the big venues like Wembley and is on autopilot in others, and that was definitely my expectation tonight.

Wrong.
You get what you deserve!

It started like it could be an autopilot setlist show (19,20 songs tops), but by Bad Name Jon picked up the energy from the crowd. After that, it was a rollercoaster ride!

I was in the first row in Wembley and 4th row in the stands in Klagenfut, and I enjoyed last night even more than Wembley. (and I did enjoy the Wembley show)

So next time when you complain about his autopilot and boring setlist, how about you bring some energy too!

When he says 'Raise your hands', you raise your ****ing hands!
When he wants to hear you say - yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeaah, you sing that as many times as the man wants it!
When you need to say 'Bad medicine', scream 'Bad medicine'!

And then the following will happen:
- he will extend some songs like Bed of roses (pulled 2 girls out of the crowd!)
- the crowd will sing first verse and chorus of Wanted (and he will pull out his old - 'You're gonna put me out of the job' joke)
- he will jump in the crowd and let you Lay your hands on him
- he will give you 'Always' in the encore

Last night, he was EVERYWHERE but glued to the mic stand.

So, you get what you deserve! If you want to sit and bitch about how predictable he is, that's what you will get. If you bring energy, he will reward you, no matter if it's 80k people in Wembley, or 35k in Klagenfurt.

And in that atmosphere, nobody ****ing cares how he sounds on Always or Prayer.

So thank you Jon for proving me and thousands of people wrong last night. I had a blast this tour! RESPECT!

That's great to hear! If only he could sustain this level of energy for Bucharest, Tel Aviv and the SA leg in the fall, even I might get pulled back to enjoying the live shows consistently :) and maybe, just maybe, I might also want to see them live one more time on the next tour...

Supersonic 07-20-2019 01:12 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Wrong.

Yeah... Look, I'm happy Klagenfurt didn't turn out to be the travesty most people thought it'd be but what you're saying is if you buy a ticket, spend money on parking, travel about an hour to get there, maybe take some time off work, wait a few hours in traffic and then in the venue as well, you deserve a frontman playing it safe, on autopilot and only deserve proper engagement if you actually work for him as opposed to the other way around? :|

Just because you get a better show because this crowd was supposedly better doesn't mean other people don't deserve it either. This way of thinking is what gets die hards in America shit setlist after shit setlist and is why there's always been this debate of whether seeing a certain show is worth it or not. I can't think of any other bands I follow being so selective in the delivery based upon what city they're playing.

Every show should have Jon perform at the top of his game. Fans saying they "deserved" a better show because they were more engaging is a weird form of entitlement and judgemental to people and crowds who aren't as outgoing as they are. It's just wrong.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Walleris 07-20-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

I always thought that Jon is saving himself for the big venues like Wembley and is on autopilot in others, and that was definitely my expectation tonight.

Wrong.

It started like it could be an autopilot setlist show (19,20 songs tops), but by Bad Name Jon picked up the energy from the crowd. After that, it was a rollercoaster ride!

I was in the first row in Wembley and 4th row in the stands in Klagenfut, and I enjoyed last night even more than Wembley. (and I did enjoy the Wembley show)

So next time when you complain about his autopilot and boring setlist, how about you bring some energy too!

When he wants to hear you say - yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeaah, you sing that as many times as the man wants it!

- he will extend some songs like Bed of roses (pulled 2 girls out of the crowd!)
- the crowd will sing first verse and chorus of Wanted (and he will pull out his old - 'You're gonna put me out of the job' joke)

So, you get what you deserve! If you want to sit and bitch about how predictable he is, that's what you will get. If you bring energy, he will reward you, no matter if it's 80k people in Wembley, or 35k in Klagenfurt.

So thank you Jon for proving me and thousands of people wrong last night. I had a blast this tour! RESPECT!

I disagree with your general premise that the crowd should 'earn' a passionate performance from Jon with their energy. Making the decision to spend 70-150 pounds per head should be enough to justify Jon trying his best.

That being said, I enjoy reading this review and glad you had a great time. I was very pleased with Jon's showmanship efforts at Wembley, so it's nice to see him trying to make up for his vocal shortcomings, even on a relatively small show like this one. No matter how many people argue that "it's a band, not a singer", the show starts and ends with Jon and that's the only way these shows will have any value is when he genuinely tries.

bonjovi90 07-20-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1257464)
I disagree with your general premise that the crowd should 'earn' a passionate performance from Jon with their energy. Making the decision to spend 70-150 pounds per head should be enough to justify Jon trying his best.

That being said, I enjoy reading this review and glad you had a great time. I was very pleased with Jon's showmanship efforts at Wembley, so it's nice to see him trying to make up for his vocal shortcomings, even on a relatively small show like this one. No matter how many people argue that "it's a band, not a singer", the show starts and ends with Jon and that's the only way these shows will have any value is when he genuinely tries.

Agreed and I think it was an absolutely arrogant comment to begin with. Especially since a group of a few people don't make any impact if the crowd is good or not. This tour had many great crowds - Dublin, Wembley, Warsaw, Madrid, Munich. For none of them Jon went the extra mile. And it's not about people having to comfort the singer for a good show. People pay a huge amount of money and travel long distances, so it's the singer's ****in' duty to give them a great night! That comment made it sound like Bon Jovi is a cult and if you don't worship the leader enough, you don't get what you deserver. What world are we living in? But other than that, by reading some comments on social media, I think that's exactly what the Jovi world is for some.

This singer once said, word by word: "The kids don't care if we have a hangover or have to play the same show night after night. They spent their hard earned money on these tickets and only expect one thing in return: the greatest show of their lives. And that, for God's sake, is their ****in' right!"

faith1985 07-20-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1257469)
This singer once said, word by word: "The kids don't care if we have a hangover or have to play the same show night after night. They spent their hard earned money on these tickets and only expect one thing in return: the greatest show of their lives. And that, for God's sake, is their ****in' right!"

I think I have to post that on my instagram:)

You cannot always go the extra mile and I think that hardly any band can deliver 150% every night but there is a big difference between expecting a singer to put a lot of effort in every show and saying we have to earn a good show. Because it is Jon's job to put on a good show for these prices. I think it is terrible to build this cult around Jon. There are so many people who are doing it and I seriously ask myself if they are always this - I dare to say - stupid. It is not good for the person they are worshipping and not good for themselves. On the other people like Matt are always good to feed this obsession. Like: if you do a cruise for the BJ family, do it for free or for a cheap price. I don't charge 5000 bucks for a 3-day cruise if it is provided for 'family':rolleyes:

efpg0708 07-20-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Wrong.

Good to hear that you had a blast. However, your post is wrong on so many levels. As others have pointed out, Bon Jovi is not a cult that you have to worship and follow Jon’s every command in order to get something in return. Maybe you wrote that when still caught in the heat of the moment, but as Jon himself says every night, we weren’t born to follow ...

rokenrola 07-20-2019 08:47 PM

I wont write too long because words cant say what feeling can do. This is my fourth BJ show and by all means the best one. JBJ is simple great frontman with great energy and will to do his best. Band as usual- great playing. Production and stage with screens and all visual stuff that follow every song are amazing. JBJ voice was very solid last night. About setlist,I didnt expect something new or change and we get 3 songs as surprise. Stadium packed,great crowd,sing every song and they were very loud at the end of every song and all the time. Show was 2 h 25 m long.Also Switchfoot and Skid Row are great too. All in all, it worth every money and long distance traveling.

james_d 07-20-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1257478)
I wont write too long because words cant say what feeling can do. This is my fourth BJ show and by all means the best one. JBJ is simple great frontman with great energy and will to do his best. Band as usual- great playing. Production and stage with screens and all visual stuff that follow every song are amazing. JBJ voice was very solid last night. About setlist,I didnt expect something new or change and we get 3 songs as surprise. Stadium packed,great crowd,sing every song and they were very loud at the end of every song and all the time. Show was 2 h 25 m long.Also Switchfoot and Skid Row are great too. All in all, it worth every money and long distance traveling.

Glad you had a good time dude