Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   "21st Century Breakdown"- Green Day (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47604)

Crushgen24/88 06-05-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 924004)
I bought tickets for the October Rotterdam show, but after I heard the new album, I'm definately considering selling off the tickets again. The new album is terrible.

Disagree with you totally on the album, but if you hate it, you probably wouldn't enjoy the show. If past tours, and the preview shows are any indications, you're looking at anywhere from 7-9 songs from the new record.

Panda 06-05-2009 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 924247)
Disagree with you totally on the album, but if you hate it, you probably wouldn't enjoy the show. If past tours, and the preview shows are any indications, you're looking at anywhere from 7-9 songs from the new record.

actually 12-18.... I read a recent interview of Green Day and they said that for the summer/fall tour, some will get the complete album, and some will get over half of the new record. Billy regards 21CB as his favorite record, and hardest project he has ever worked on and is very proud of it, and wishes for audiences to get an 'entire live feel'.

The setlist you posted recently is something I would actually expect, with songs like 80 and at the library removed and songs like boulavard and time of your life added.

Rob 06-09-2009 12:55 AM

I think it's just above average. Not as good as AI but then it was never gonna be. My favourate song is probably East Jesus Nowhere. I like the direction they have gone as a band. I guess the same old punk rock stuff was never gonna last forever, but as they've matured they've started to write about political issues and the woes of everyday Americans. Songs that will mean something to people. I'm off to see them in Manchester in October.

Adam D 07-17-2009 09:45 PM

Album Of The Year so far and dare I say, better than American Idiot? I think so personally.

I only skip two songs on this, Last Night On Earth and Restless Heart Syndrome. The rest are simply fantastic.

Panda 07-17-2009 10:41 PM

I like restless heart syndrome. Didn't really like it at first but it grew on me. But I to usually skip last night on earth, and sometimes horseshoes and hand grenades. You need to be in a certain mood to listen to thoose songs.

Crushgen24/88 07-18-2009 04:27 AM

I haven't stopped living with this record, and I think it's by far the album of the year so far, and I see nothing challenging it. I won't put it above AI, because AI has (IMO) not a single non-killer track. While there are no bad songs on 21st, there are several that I really only listen to when I listen to the album in full.

Crushgen24/88 07-18-2009 04:52 AM

To elaborate on my previous post, this is how I would look at the songs on the record:

Truly GREAT songs:
-Song of The Century/21st Century Breakdown
-Know Your Enemy
-!Viva La Gloria!
-Before The Lobotomy (Best song on the record IMO)
-Last Of The American Girls
-21 Guns
-American Eulogy
-See The Light

Really good tracks:
-Last Night On Earth
-East Jesus Nowhere
-Peacemaker
-Murder City
-Restless Heart Syndrome

Good tracks, but they haven't made it into my single song rotation/playlists, and I really only listen to them with the rest of the album:
-Christian's Inferno
-?Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)
-Horseshoes and Handgrenades
-The Static Age

Again, I don't think there are any songs even near bad on the record at all. Every track is good.

Panda 07-18-2009 07:52 AM

After listening to 21CB for the last 2 months, I think it blows American idiot out of the water. There are songs on AI that I just don't even care for anymore like are we the waiting, she's a rebel and boulevard of broken dreams. The only thing missing from the new album is the 9 minuit anthems. I guess 18 songs kind of cover it, but I think there are only 2 tracks clearing 5 min.

Homecoming is still my fave be song, now followed by east Jesus nowhere or 21 guns or last of the American girls... I still can't decide what's 2nd place :p... Probably 21 guns.

slippery89 07-20-2009 02:00 AM

Just seen them monday night, ****ing amazing show, Billie is a great frontman!
Also on a side note the Bravery were not bad at all.

Panda 07-20-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slippery89 (Post 931105)
Just seen them monday night, ****ing amazing show, Billie is a great frontman!
Also on a side note the Bravery were not bad at all.

Aha that reminds me. Tre cool (drummer of green day) came prancing on stage and set off fire crackers in the middle of a bravery song. All of them jumped and stopped playing, and tre ran off. The lead singer than said (after they finished the song) that 'it is tre's main goal in life to scare the living shit out of me. Goodnight.' and then he stalked off stage with his band members hesitantly looking around and then kind of gave a bow and through their sticks and pics into the crowd and left.

Dude can't take a joke.... I feel sorry for the band members.