Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   "21st Century Breakdown"- Green Day (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47604)

Crushgen24/88 02-15-2009 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyboyUK (Post 906228)
Yeah, epic fail.

You did not just call the album that contains Jesus of Suburbia (One of the greatest songs EVER IMO) "Epic Fail"..... those are fighting words :p;) J/K

lmno655 02-15-2009 06:27 AM

no1

hope you guys add rose online soon...i refuse to buy from other sites as i dont trust them

jade4jovi 02-16-2009 06:20 PM

Now this is one of the bands I find to be very overrated. I like a handful of their songs, but I don't personaly think they're as amazing as made out. "Everyone" at school was into them, and one of my friends esp. kept trying to get me into them. Bar those handful of songs, they just don't really do it for me.

UKjovi 02-17-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 906057)
American Idiot was a great album IMO, and this looks like it could be good too ... I would hope so after it's been 5 years in the making!

Agreed and looking forward to it

Alex 02-17-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKjovi (Post 906728)
Agreed and looking forward to it

I agree as well. And I also like the artwork!

Panda 03-14-2009 05:13 AM

It is confirmed that the album will be broken down into three parts, and the full album will be a total of 16 songs.

Part 1: Heroes and Cons
Confirmed tracks:
1. 21st Century Breakdown
2. Know Your Enemy
3. Viva la Gloria
4. Before the Lobotomy
5. Christian's Inferno
6. Last Night on Earth

Part 2: Charlatans and Saints
Confirmed tracks:
1. March of the Dogs
2. Restless Heart Syndrome

Part 3: Horseshoes and Handgrenades
Confirmed tracks:
1. 21 Guns

***Also, the first single will be called "Know Your Enemy" and will be released April 20.

***The Album will be released May 8

***World Tour starting July 2009

The album will have a total of 16 songs and is divided into three movements: "Heroes and Cons," "Charlatans and Saints," and "Horseshoes and Handgrenades." Musically, the album continues the rock opera style of American Idiot. Mike Dirnt told Alternative Press magazine that the songs "speak to each other the way the songs on Born to Run speak to each other. I don't know if you'd call it a 'concept album,' but there's a thread that connects everything."

MTV compared the material to classic rockers like The Who. Spin Magazine claimed the title track is "Green Day's most epic song yet."

UKjovi 03-14-2009 10:59 AM

Thanks for the info

Captain Walrus 03-14-2009 04:55 PM

So has this first single been heard yet? I mean, has it been released to radio / the internet?

Panda 03-15-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 911512)
So has this first single been heard yet? I mean, has it been released to radio / the internet?

If you go to www.greenday.com and you can sample the first minute of a song, but it is SHIT, because you here two chords strummed over and over again. But might as well check it out if your interested. I like the feel of it. And I can't find anything leaked.....

liljovi93 03-15-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 911614)
If you go to www.greenday.com and you can sample the first minute of a song, but it is SHIT, because you here two chords strummed over and over again. But might as well check it out if your interested. I like the feel of it. And I can't find anything leaked.....

Yeah, that is crap.