Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   "21st Century Breakdown"- Green Day (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47604)

Panda 04-06-2009 08:42 AM

Oh my God.. I heard all of "21st Century Breakdown" the song, and it is amazing....and its only the demo. It reminds me almost of the song "Homecoming" off American Idiot. Wow..... I also heard a 40 second clip of "Know Your Enemy".... Which is even better than the title track to be honest.... I'm very much looking forward to the album, and all of Know your enemy in a couple of weeks....

Know Your Enemy (40 second clip):

21st Century Breakdown (song- over 7 min long!)

There is also this song, but I don't know if it actually is Green Day as there are no vocals, just instrumental.

Last Night On Earth

Crushgen24/88 04-06-2009 08:53 AM

Not listening to anything until the album comes out, possibly not even the single.
Though, any comparison to "Homecoming" is awesome to me, as I love that suite.

Panda 04-06-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 914677)
Not listening to anything until the album comes out, possibly not even the single.
Though, any comparison to "Homecoming" is awesome to me, as I love that suite.

You will be listening to the radio in a couple weeks.... and think "This new song is pretty good.... it sounds almost like.... damnit..." Just listen to it. As far as I'm concerned, 21st Century Breakdown is just a demo. DOOOOO it. You waited 5 years....

Crushgen24/88 04-06-2009 09:58 AM

I don't listen to the radio (and when I do, it's classic rock), so that won't be an issue.
As for listening, it's not even due to it being a leak or anything, it's more to do with the fact that I want to hear the whole album, as one entity first. It is a concept record, to some extent.

Panda 04-06-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 914681)
I don't listen to the radio (and when I do, it's classic rock), so that won't be an issue.
As for listening, it's not even due to it being a leak or anything, it's more to do with the fact that I want to hear the whole album, as one entity first. It is a concept record, to some extent.

Fair enough, but I have been waiting way too long. In the last few years all I've gotten from Green Day are two cover songs, ("The Saints Are Coming" and "Working Class Hero") and a fake band that they created, that all wasn't that good.... Mother Mary was decent....but even so..... Fairly decent , but after waiting for 3 years of them "supposedly" being in the studio, I'm fed up.... Finally, new REAL Green Day...

Goldsausage 04-08-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 914681)

Ain't that the truth sister - I hate listening to a song from a concept album on it's own, I have to listen to the entire album :D As long as it's a good one of course, such as The Wall (Pink Floyd) or Welcome To My Nightmare (Alice Cooper).

Anyway - not really much of a Green Day listener but I'm intrigued by this album. Homecoming was the 10 minute song at the end of American Idiot, right? I ****in' loved that song.

RSROCKS 04-08-2009 03:34 PM

For some reason, I couldn't be more unexcited if I tried.

Panda 04-08-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 915100)
For some reason, I couldn't be more unexcited if I tried.

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all..... :(

RSROCKS 04-08-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 915122)
If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all..... :(

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind next time I post.

Crushgen24/88 04-09-2009 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 915078)
Ain't that the truth sister - I hate listening to a song from a concept album on it's own, I have to listen to the entire album :D As long as it's a good one of course, such as The Wall (Pink Floyd) or Welcome To My Nightmare (Alice Cooper).

Anyway - not really much of a Green Day listener but I'm intrigued by this album. Homecoming was the 10 minute song at the end of American Idiot, right? I ****in' loved that song.

Yeah, that's Homecoming. And I can listen to songs off concept records on their own at times, but I want to listen to it in full first.