Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   "21st Century Breakdown"- Green Day (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47604)

slippery89 04-10-2009 11:05 PM

Green Day To Celebrate Album Release with NYC Club Gig
Green Day

April 10, 2009 04:20 PM ET

David J. Prince, N.Y.
Green Day is set to appear at New York's Bowery Ballroom on May 18, just three days after the release of the band's hotly anticipated eighth studio album, "21st Century Breakdown," according to MTV Germany.

The small club show is a rarity for the band whose last album, 2004's "American Idiot," sold more than 12 million copies.

But the group has done some guerilla-style gigs in its hometown of San Francisco this past week, including a show at the 500-capacity DNA Lounge. According to the New York Times' ArtsBeat blog, the band played "21st Century Breakdown" in its entirety before running through a set of older material.

As previously reported, "21st Century Breakdown" has a narrative structure, telling the story of a young couple, Christian and Gloria. The album is divided into three acts -- "Heroes and Cons," "Charlatans and Saints" and "Horseshoes and Handgrenades" -- and includes tracks like "21 Guns," "East Jesus Nowhere," "Before the Lobotomy," and "Restless Heart Syndrome."

The album's first single, "Know Your Enemy," is set to launch April 16. The video for "Know Your Enemy," which was directed by Matthew Cullen of Motion Theory, will debut April 24 on all MTV and VH1 channels worldwide, in the first global cross-channel video premiere for MTV and VH1 networks.

Crushgen24/88 04-11-2009 09:08 AM

I will bleed to be at this show, I wonder how tickets will be handled?

Alex 04-11-2009 10:15 PM

The husband went to a listening party of the new GD album, but wasn't too thrilled about it. They've played some 8 songs - randomly, which is a shame. According to him, nothing really outstanding. Which is even a bigger shame.

UKjovi 04-12-2009 09:53 AM

Thats not good to hear :(

Captain Walrus 04-16-2009 11:12 PM

Well, Know Your Enemy is mildly underwhelming ....

Crushgen24/88 04-17-2009 11:36 PM

Resisting temptation to listen to it. I will say this, I was underwhelmed by the song "American Idiot" when it dropped, and it turned out to be off of on of the best albums (imo) ever recorded. So, I'm still anxiously awaiting May 15.

slippery89 04-18-2009 02:54 AM

I listened to the new single today and it could have easily been on the American Idiot album.

Rob 04-18-2009 08:37 PM

They'll do well to top American Idiot but I'm looking forward none the less. The singles sound ok ish.

slippery89 04-22-2009 01:47 AM

Green Day Announces Summer Tour
Green Day has announced its first full North American tour in over three years.

April 20, 2009 02:14 PM ET

Evie Nagy, N.Y.
Green Day has announced a slate of 38 summer dates that begins July 3 in Seattle and marks the chart-topping rock band's first full North American tour in more than three years.

The summer trek, which will support the trio's May 15 album "21st Century Breakdown" (Reprise Records), heads clockwise through Canada and the U.S. The band plays Midwest, East Coast and southern dates before finishing up in Los Angeles on Aug. 25. Venues will be announced at a later date.

The new album, which follows 2004's Billboard 200-topping "American Idiot," was produced by Butch Vig (Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins); the first single, "Know Your Enemy," was released to radio April 16. As Billboard previously reported, Green Day will celebrate the release with a show at New York's Bowery Ballroom on May 18.

Here are Green Day's tour dates:

July 3: Seattle, Wash.
July 4: Vancouver, British Columbia
July 6: Edmonton, Alberta
July 7: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
July 9: Winnipeg, Manitoba
July 10: Fargo, ND
July 11: Minneapolis, Minn.
July 13: Chicago, Ill.
July 14: Detroit, Mich.
July 16: Hamilton, Ont.
July 17: Ottawa, Ont.
July 18: Montreal, Quebec
July 20: Boston, Mass.
July 21: Philadelphia, Penn.
July 22: Pittsburgh, Penn.
July 24: Hartford, Conn.
July 25: Albany, NY
July 27: New York, NY
July 29: Washington, DC
July 31: Nashville, Tenn.
Aug. 1: Atlanta, GA
Aug. 3: Tampa, Fla.
Aug. 4: Miami, Fla.
Aug. 5: Orlando, Fla.
Aug. 7: New Orleans, LA
Aug. 8: Houston, TX
Aug. 9: San Antonio, TX
Aug. 11: St. Louis, MO
Aug. 12: Kansas City, MO
Aug. 13: Omaha, Neb.
Aug. 15: Denver, Colo.
Aug. 16: Salt Lake City, Utah
Aug. 18: San Jose, Calif.
Aug. 20: San Diego, Calif.
Aug. 21: Las Vegas, Nev.
Aug. 22: Phoenix, Ariz.
Aug. 24: Sacramento, Calif.
Aug. 25: Los Angeles, Calif.

steel_horse75 04-22-2009 03:04 PM

i like Green day but all their albums do sound the same-ish.

If you like thier previous albums i reckon you should like the new one

looking forward to it and its pre-ordered!!