Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   "21st Century Breakdown"- Green Day (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47604)

slippery89 04-22-2009 11:32 PM

So I'm thinking about catching a show, I would like to read some reviews from past shows that people have been too.

slippery89 04-30-2009 02:02 AM

Green Day firms up tour, reveals European dates
Published April 28, 2009 12:04 PM0 CommentsBuzz up! print email
By Tara Hall / LiveDaily Contributor
Green Day [ tickets ] has unveiled the North American venues for the group's return to the road this summer, as well details of an extensive European leg this fall.

As previously announced, the stateside portion kicks off July 4 in Vancouver, hitting a handful of Canadian cities before dropping down into the US, and the two-month run will touch down in 37 cities from coast to coast through the Aug. 25 performance in Los Angeles.
After a month-long break, the Grammy-winning band will head across the pond for a 27-city European leg, including two-night stands in London (10/23-24), Birmingham (10/27-28) and Manchester (10/30-31). The full itinerary is below; ticket on-sale information hasn't been announced.

The punk rockers--singer/guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong, bassist Mike Dirnt and drummer Tre Cool--are back after a nearly four-year touring hiatus, supporting the May 15 drop of the band's long-awaited "21st Century Breakdown." The trio's eighth studio effort, which has been in the works since early 2006, has already spawned the Top 10 single "Know Your Enemy," the album's lead track.

The group performed the forthcoming album in its entirety during a series of California club shows in mid-April.

Green Day's most recent album, 2004's "American Idiot," which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard chart and spawned five hit singles, has been transformed into a rock musical. Tony Award-winning director Michael Mayer will unveil the show Sept. 4 at Berkeley, CA's Roda Theatre. The theatrical story, which will include every song from the 2004 album, runs through Oct. 11. Tickets are available now at the venue's website.

[Note: The following tour dates have been provided by artist and/or tour sources, who verify its accuracy as of the publication time of this story. Changes may occur before tickets go on sale. Check with official artist websites, ticketing sources and venues for late updates.]
July 2009
4 - Vancouver, British Columbia - GM Place
6 - Edmonton, Alberta - Rexall Place
7 - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - Credit Union Centre
9 - Winnipeg, Manitoba - MTS Centre
10 - Fargo, ND - Fargo Dome
11 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
13 - Chicago, IL - United Center
14 - Auburn Hills, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills
16 - Hamilton, Ontario - Copps Coliseum
17 - Ottawa, Ontario – Scotiabank Centre
18 - Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre
20 - Boston, MA - TD Banknorth Garden
21 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Spectrum
22 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mellon Arena
24 - Hartford, CT - XL Center
25 - Albany, NY - Times Union Center
27 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
29 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
31 - Nashville, TN - Somet Center

August 2009
1 - Atlanta, GA - Gwinnet Arena
3 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum
4 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena
5 - Orlando, FL - Amway Arena
7 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Arena
8 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center
9 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
11 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
12 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
13 - Omaha, NE – Quest Center
15 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
16 - Salt Lake City, UT - Energy Sol Arena
18 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
20 - San Diego, CA - Cox Arena
21 - Las Vegas, NV - Mandalay Bay
22 - Phoenix, AZ - US Air Arena
24 - Sacramento, CA - Arco Arena
25 - Inglewood, CA - Forum

September 2009
28 - Lisbon, Portugal - Pavilhao Atlantico
29 - Madrid, Spain - Palacio de la Comunidad

October 2009
1 - Barcelona, Spain - Palau Sant Jordi
2 - Toulouse, France - Zenith
4 - Paris, France - Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy
5 - Cologne, Germany - Lanxess Arena
7 - Berlin, Germany - 02 World
8 - Hamburg, Germany - Color Line Arena
9 - Copenhagen, Denmark - Forum Copenhagen
11 - Stockholm, Sweden - Stockholm Globe Arena
12 - Oslo, Norway - Oslo Spektrum Arena ANS
16 - Rotterdam, Netherlands - Ahoy' Rotterdam
17 - Antwerp, Belgium - Sportpaleis
19 - Glasgow, Scotland - S.E.C.C.
20 - Belfast, United Kingdom - Odyssey Arena
21 - Dublin, Ireland - The 02-Dublin
23, 24 - London, England - The 02-London
26 - Sheffield, England - Sheffield Arena
27, 28 - Birmingham, England - LG Arena
30, 31 - Manchester, England - Manchester Evening News Arena

November 2009
3 - Munich, Germany - Olympiahalle
6 - Vienna, Austria - Wiener Stadthalle
8 - Zurich, Switzerland - Hallenstadion Zurich
10 - Assago, Italy - Mediolanum Forum
11 - Bologna, Italy - Palamalaguti
12 - Turin, Italy - Pala Olimpico

Crushgen24/88 04-30-2009 02:13 AM

I'll be at the Garden on July 27. Just waiting for those ticket on-sale dates.

Panda 05-01-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slippery89 (Post 917708)
So I'm thinking about catching a show, I would like to read some reviews from past shows that people have been too.

I saw them in Calgary in may 2005. I was 12, and it was my first concert, but from what I remember, it was amazing. I remember lots of pyro, and they played for around 2 hours and they really connected with the audience. Buy the bullet in a bible album and watch the DVD. It is amazing.... or here is a few youtube's of the DVD.

1st song: American Idiot

Holiday

Basket Case
(favorite song played)

anywho, I'm probably not the best for a review, but they are pretty damn good live. Im also going to the Edmonton show on July 6, and I think it is the 3rd or 4th show of the tour. it will probably be good.

slippery89 05-01-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 918776)
I saw them in Calgary in may 2005. I was 12, and it was my first concert, but from what I remember, it was amazing. I remember lots of pyro, and they played for around 2 hours and they really connected with the audience. Buy the bullet in a bible album and watch the DVD. It is amazing.... or here is a few youtube's of the DVD.

1st song: American Idiot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivM3P_anYlE

Holiday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gAwXienDjw

Basket Case
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZAFLM0thxA (favorite song played)

anywho, I'm probably not the best for a review, but they are pretty damn good live. Im also going to the Edmonton show on July 6, and I think it is the 3rd or 4th show of the tour. it will probably be good.

Thanks for the heads up, but I do already have the Bullet in the Bible CD/DVD and thought it was just as good as the actual album. I just wanted to hear what some other people thought, I'll be at the Chicago show!!

Crushgen24/88 05-02-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slippery89 (Post 917708)

Saw them at Giants in '05, and they were amazing. I really want to see them in a smaller venue though, so MSG here I come.

slippery89 05-03-2009 08:03 PM

I heard another song from the new album, I couldn't resist, and I really liked it. It opens with piano and the lines are something like...my beating heart belongs to you...it was great. I think it's Last night on Earth.

Neurotica80 05-05-2009 01:13 PM

Love the new song :) Finally getting to see them at the MEN in October, iv herad they're amazing live.

UKjovi 05-06-2009 03:37 PM

I like the new song but i dont love it.

Javier 05-07-2009 01:59 AM

Just heard the new song, It's pretty good, nothing to write home about.

As far as their live show goes, they are one of the most dynamic shows I have ever seen. And it looks like they've gotten better.....