Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2017 Jovi Awards (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69857)

Savvi 02-19-2017 12:10 PM

Thanks everyone! We are just over half way through the voting period and over 30 people have submitted their nominations. Here's an update on the categories at the halfway point...
  • Best Song Based on Lyrics: 64 songs voted for
  • Best Song Based on Live Performance: 37 songs voted for
  • Best Outtake: 70 songs voted for
  • Best Song released between 1982-1999: 54 songs voted for
  • Best Song released between 2000-2017: 73 songs voted for
  • Best Music Video: 45 songs voted for
  • Best Song Moment: 127 moments voted for
  • Most Underrated Song: 131 songs voted for
  • Best Album Artwork: 19 albums voted for
  • Worst Song: 99 songs voted for

5 days left to vote to make sure your favourites get nominated. Click here if you haven't already done so!

Savvi 02-21-2017 04:18 AM

Just listening to My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms... surely that ending has got to be in every one's top song moments. Those vocals. That guitar. Gives me chills!

DryCounty 02-21-2017 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1219194)
Just listening to My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms... surely that ending has got to be in every one's top song moments. Those vocals. That guitar. Gives me chills!

Are the judge trying to influence the voting? ;)

liljovi93 02-21-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

****! Forgot that one..

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 02-21-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

I actually had that key change from Jon near the end of the song listed in my top song's moments. So yeah, I agree with you :)

jazzsta 02-21-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Have to not totally agree there, as I find the best moment of the song to be the entrance of that heavy guitar riff just before the solo. Totally cool.

BTW ok havent voted yet, I will soon.

Savvi 02-22-2017 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1219206)
Are the judge trying to influence the voting? ;)

Haha definitely not. Just trying to generate some conversation. If I wanted to influence the results, I would've done so earlier in the voting period when votes were coming in fast and plenty. Voting has subsided to a slow trickle over the past day or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1219215)
****! Forgot that one..

Don't worry, when I was reading all the votes coming through, on mulptiple occasions I was like, crap! How could I forget that one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1219222)
I actually had that key change from Jon near the end of the song listed in my top song's moments. So yeah, I agree with you :)

You did too! Along with myself and 3 others. Not sure if it will be enough though. It needs a few more votes to crack the top 10 of that category. It's a close one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1219241)
Have to not totally agree there, as I find the best moment of the song to be the entrance of that heavy guitar riff just before the solo. Totally cool.

BTW ok havent voted yet, I will soon.

Well I agree with you! The entire second half of that song is pure bliss! And you have plenty of time to vote. Still 2 days left until the polls close. :)

Savvi 02-23-2017 08:11 AM

24 hours left to vote!

A few more submissions would be very handy to separate a few categories which have songs that are currently tied.

Looking forward to announcing the nominations!

Walleris 02-23-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1219222)

There's no key change in that song. Jon sings it in the same key, but in a higher octave.

Key change -> Livin' On A Prayer, Queen Of New Orleans, Always (boxset demo), I'll Be There For You (very last chorus before the sing-a-long)
Octave change -> It's My Life, Lie To Me, My Guitar Lies Bleeding and perhaps a few others.

Becky 02-23-2017 01:57 PM

I got my votes in barely before the deadline. I didn't have time to do the favorite moments in songs category. I have to get to work. Sorry!!!