Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   September 16th 2017 - Estadio José Amalfitani, Buenos Aires, Argentina thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70087)

hackster73 09-17-2017 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1227978)
It just goes to show you how much pain or the precautions Jon needs to take to preserve what's left of his voice... The fact that he could not do another song speaks volumes...

Confidence plays a small part in it but the issue is much bigger... This guy is in pain... This explains the long breaks between legs and even between gigs... Like I said prior, if he wants to stretch the tour out over two years, so be it... I don't think it will delay any new material for a new album...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

A friend told a friend that Jon couldn't sing another song...

efpg0708 09-17-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1227981)
People quoting the bad medecine video as if it's unbelievably rock n roll?

The transition between captain crash and bad medicine was so boring and awkward.

mumbling through "are you still with me out there?" and "is there a doctor in the house" is almost pathetic to watch.

Now, don't get me wrong - the crowd seemed so into it. But I've been in atmosphere's where it's the crowd, not the band, that sets the temperature and dynamic of the room. Put 40k people who all love the same thing into a stadium and then on top of that, make them crazy South Americans - of course the energy would be electric and I would have loved to have been there. But man, that was downright awful - Jon just has lost it.

THIS.
Evem though his vocals are considerably better than earlier this year, they still are very bad. He's shouting most of the notes. And this Bad Medicine performance is nothing out of the box really ...

Don't get me wrong, I do believe that people went crazy yesterday at the show, but to me this is a major case of the crowd stealing the show, not Jon.
6zzbsdbm

Javier 09-18-2017 12:23 AM

I really hope Rollercoaster gets put into the set. preferably in place of Crash. And moved to another place in the set. Maybe after LH or before god Bless this mess. dunno, but it would be nice to have Lay your Hands, HAND and Bad Medicine closing out the main set....

Rdkopper 09-18-2017 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1227981)
People quoting the bad medecine video as if it's unbelievably rock n roll?

People weren't quoting that!!!! all they were doing is providing an example to prove Jon wasn't glued to the mic... Along with other performances...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Thomas S 09-18-2017 07:24 AM

The backup vocals on We Don't Run (the who-oahs at the beginning, and in the chorus) certainly sound much better than before. Maybe due to David and Phil's mics being made louder?

Savvi 09-18-2017 08:47 AM

Well, in regards to Bed of Roses, I was expecting worse... so I guess that's a good thing.

BJFan99 09-18-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1227993)
Well, in regards to Bed of Roses, I was expecting worse... so I guess that's a good thing.

I wasn't, as Jon seems to be consistently hitting all the notes on Bed Of Roses (a very demanding song with lots of sustained high notes - difficult in the same way as Always), but murdering These Days (while the notes Jon goes for nowadays aren't any higher than the ones of BOR) and Keep The Faith (not any rangier than BOR and TD) instead. It's also strange how Jon always hits the "I ain't gonna LIVE forever" part (the same note as the "on a BED of nails" on BOR) on It's My Life, but then falls embarrassingly flat on the "like Frankie said I DID it my way" line. How is that possible?

bwehehehe 09-18-2017 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1227994)
I wasn't, as Jon seems to be consistently hitting all the notes on Bed Of Roses (a very demanding song with lots of sustained high notes - difficult in the same way as Always), but murdering These Days (while the notes Jon goes for nowadays aren't any higher than the ones of BOR) and Keep The Faith (not any rangier than BOR and TD) instead. It's also strange how Jon always hits the "I ain't gonna LIVE forever" part (the same note as the "on a BED of nails" on BOR) on It's My Life, but then falls embarrassingly flat on the "like Frankie said I DID it my way" line. How is that possible?

Jon's also doing the "tonight I sleep" in Spanish right, something that he rarely did since he turned nasal when it's being sung on English.

And another note, he completely did away with the last notes of TD.

_KaMi_ 09-18-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1227989)
People weren't quoting that!!!! all they were doing is providing an example to prove Jon wasn't glued to the mic... Along with other performances...

well... not true:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1227951)
Check yesterdays Bad Medicine here
Jon goes down to the crowd in Argentina!!!
https://youtu.be/UReU4yMJ_Iw
Its amazing,the bands energy
Jon runs the crowd like very few others,his voice has improved a lot since NA leg

symbeline 09-18-2017 10:50 AM

This YT user has the whole show with decent audio to judge Jon's performance (meaning the audience screams are not drowning his voice)

This House Is Not for Sale Raise Your Hands Knockout YGLABN & BTBMB LH Follow & Sleep & Runaway We Don't Run Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (Acoustic) Bed of Roses It's My Life Who Says You Can't Go Home God Bless This Mess Wanted Dead or Alive Lay Your Hands on Me Have a Nice Day Cap Cras & Bad Medicine In These Arms I'll Be There for You Livin' on a Prayer These Days Keep the Faith