Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Weezer/Foo Fighters Review (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=32551)

danfan 10-17-2005 01:21 PM

Weezer/Foo Fighters Review

Went to the show Saturday night in Worcester.

Hot Hot Heat opened the show. Never heard of them before. To me, they sounded like a crappy rip off of The Killers, who I'm not overly fond of, so I won't bother discussing them.

Weezer was up next. This is what I was going for. I'm a big fan of them. Of the 4 times I've seen them, this show impressed me the least. Most of the hits were there, but that was somewhat the problem. I like a lot of Weezer's non-hits, which there wasn't really time for. Anyways, we got El Scorcho which I haven't heard them play before. All in all, decent, if a bit uninspired.

OK, I have never been a Foo Fighters fan. Don't dislike them, but was simply indifferent about them. Liked songs like Hero and Learning to Fly. A friend of mine let me borrow the new disc a couple weeks back, and I was very impressed with it. They opened up the show with In Your Honor - AWESOME! I was blown away by these guys. I can see why they played second. The energy Dave Grohl has is amazing. They sounded awesome. Loud, agressive, angry, all the while having a blast on stage. They converted me BIGTIME! Been a while since I've been to a show that blew me away as much as these guys did.

spunkywho 10-17-2005 03:27 PM

I am going to see them on the 26th and I go mainly for the Foos. Weezer is ok, I guess, but I've never bothered to actually listen to their new album. I bought it way back, but still haven't listen to it. Did they play a lot of songs off that one?

How long did the Foos and Weezer play?

The Grohl Man roX!

danfan 10-17-2005 03:40 PM

They each played for about 80 minutes.

Off the new album, Weezer played Perfect Situation, Beverly Hills, We are all on drugs. I think maybe one more as well.

Played 4 songs from the Green album, 5 from the Blue, I think 2 from Maladroit, and I think 2 or 3 from Pinkerton.

Captain Walrus 10-17-2005 03:47 PM

Foos are awesome live! Saw em at the Reading Festival, fantastic.

As a small aside note, I don't really like Hot Hot Heat either, but they've been around longer than The Killers

danfan 10-17-2005 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Foos are awesome live! Saw em at the Reading Festival, fantastic.

As a small aside note, I don't really like Hot Hot Heat either, but they've been around longer than The Killers

They really are. Like I said, I was blown away. They may not be as big as Bon Jovi, but whoever said they would be a good opening act was wrong. They'e a tough act to follow.

Wasn't sure about Hot Hot Heat. I guess The Killers are a rip off of them then. They sounded pretty interchangeable.

Neurotica80 10-17-2005 04:05 PM

Im seeing the Foos in December, id say im a very casual fan but iv heard nothing but good reviews of them live so looking forward to it.

btw theres a thread for all concert reviews further down this page :D ;)

spunkywho 10-27-2005 04:25 PM

Saw them last night and was a bit disappointed. Ok, disappointed might be the wrong word.

I absolutely love the Foos, naturally.

But I don't think they should be playing with a band like Weezer. The Weezer crowd and the Foo crowd is just way different. I suppose I was in the Weezer section and nobody rocked out with the Foos - most people were sitting down and there just was no vibe where I was. Most people left during the Foos and there was a mass exodus before the encore....

Grohl certainly does his best to put on a good show and the sound was great. They really did put on a great performance, but the crowd just never seemed to 'get it'. Especially for somewhat of a homecoming show. The drum solo was spectacular, but didn't seem anybody appreciated it.

I think they'd been better off playing in a smaller venue with HHH or anybody else nobody really watches ;)

Weezer was alright - they actually were better than I expected, but again, the crowd was bizarre.

Alex 10-27-2005 10:34 PM

Too bad the crowd wasn't really into the Foos, Maria. An enthusiastic crowd does make a show.

Neurotica80 10-28-2005 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunkywho

But I don't think they should be playing with a band like Weezer. The Weezer crowd and the Foo crowd is just way different..

Thats one of the reason I prefer just watching a bands show than festivals or shows liek this one. I know one big drawback watching live 8 was the varied crowd. You had the Snoop dog fans, 40 something Pink floyd fans, 14 year old girls waiting for robbie, mums and dads for Elton and Annie Lennox, the gay men for Scissor sisters and Madonna etc. It killed the atmosphere somewhat for me, like when the killers came on stage hardly anyone knew who they were around us, me and Yvonne were the only ones singing along.

I hope its a good atmosphere for Foos/Oasis becos I can see those bands having two very different fanbases.

irishdk 10-30-2005 09:24 PM

i think the foo's had the best album of 2005 by far though all the jovi fans will not back me up on that lol but i reckon playin with oasis in wales was a odd decision but good for fans point of view.