Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Foo Fighters Live (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=44515)

Crushgen24/88 03-13-2008 07:54 AM

Foo Fighters Live

I'm a big fan of the Foo's, and they're playing in Jersey in July.
I'm a bit short on cash atm, so I'm debating whether to go or not (even though the tickets are insanley cheap) I actually do really want to go, but I'm curious are they as good live as they seem?

asok80 03-13-2008 09:25 AM

Haven't seen them live in person only on TV but everyone that I know who's seen them say they are absolutely brilliant live, so I would go if I were you.

UKjovi 03-13-2008 11:53 AM

Yeah go you only live once

JKKDARK 03-13-2008 02:42 PM

Waste your money on anything, except in this certain band..

crashed 03-13-2008 02:49 PM

The Foo's are good live - lots of energy and crowd interaction - though Dave's voice often isn't powerful enough so gets lost in the loudness of their instruments.

When I saw them last year it was weird though - they started off with Everlong (which they normally close with) and had what I consider some of their biggest songs out of the way first, so after that, there wasn't much to build up to.

Good show though.

Captain Walrus 03-13-2008 06:00 PM

They're definitely worth seeing at least once, they are very good live. I've seen them twice, and although they were both great, they played nearly exactly the same setlist, and these two shows were a year apart. But I'd quite like to see them again now, especially in an arena ... different songs and a different atmosphere could be awesome.

Great light show too :D

Bounce7800 03-13-2008 06:47 PM

Saw them at the O2 last year, and they were excellent. It was quite a long set, which would please a fan more than a casual like me where it tended to drag a little, but you cant deny it rocked!

Crushgen24/88 03-15-2008 08:02 PM

Yeah, caved.
Going with friends, hoping for a good time.
So, Billy jOEL, Springsteen, and the Foo Fighters in a less than 2 week period....I feel like Kathleen LOL

zero_zero_UFO 03-15-2008 08:12 PM

i've seen them 3 times (going to be 4 in june!! woo hoo!) and i reckon they have got better each time.

setlists have been really good for me. last show i loved the fact that in the encore dave just said something like '**** you we are playing for ourselves, for fun' and then played a deep album cut and a song not played in ages.

hope you love them live as much as me! :D

Captain Walrus 03-16-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_zero_UFO (Post 812467)
i've seen them 3 times (going to be 4 in june!! woo hoo!) and i reckon they have got better each time.

setlists have been really good for me. last show i loved the fact that in the encore dave just said something like '**** you we are playing for ourselves, for fun' and then played a deep album cut and a song not played in ages.

hope you love them live as much as me! :D

What did they play?