Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The official Aerosmith topic (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47506)

KeepTheFaith2211 01-22-2009 07:18 PM

The official Aerosmith topic

I have saw single threads about Aerosmith, pretty much dead but there wasn't an official one so I have created one. :p

Anyway, I have heard the band are writing for a new album. They were meant to be doing a show soon, too, but Joe Perry has had problems again with his knee so it had to be postponed. :(

Also, apparently when the album comes out they will be doing a tour of the US. Does anyone know if any European dates will be added?

Supersonic 01-22-2009 07:33 PM

Aloha !

They've been working on that album since 2003 now and every time it looks like the band might hit the studio's to finish it they go out on tour and use it as an excuse for not being able to finish the album. Joe Perry has said that there will be more dates for the upcoming tour for the rest of the world but we've all heard that before too.

http://www.aeroforceone.com/af1/cms/...yard_2_new.gif

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

KeepTheFaith2211 01-22-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 902189)
Aloha !

They've been working on that album since 2003 now and every time it looks like the band might hit the studio's to finish it they go out on tour and use it as an excuse for not being able to finish the album. Joe Perry has said that there will be more dates for the upcoming tour for the rest of the world but we've all heard that before too.

http://www.aeroforceone.com/af1/cms/...yard_2_new.gif

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Thanks Seb. :)

Oh well, hopefully they will finish it because if Joe can't tour then the only thing they can do is write, maybe leading to it being finalised and released?

RSROCKS 01-22-2009 07:42 PM

I hope they put a good record out because my interest in Aerosmith is hanging by a thread. It doesn't feel to great when you no longer have interest in a band you have spent a good deal of money to see on tour.

Meanwhile, I wish Joe a speedy recovery. I was aware of his past knee problems but not that he had to have surgery recently.

Supersonic 01-22-2009 07:43 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 902195)
Oh well, hopefully they will finish it because if Joe can't tour then the only thing they can do is write, maybe leading to it being finalised and released?

No, it leads to the band members all doing their own thing, with most of those things having nothing to do with Aerosmith. Yes, he might write a few more riffs, but it doesn't become a song before the rest of the band joins them. There's no such thing as an Aerosmith song written solely by Joe Perry. The only way this band will ever get round to finishing the album is if a producer gets all 5 of them together in one room.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

KeepTheFaith2211 01-22-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 902201)
Aloha !

No, it leads to the band members all doing their own thing, with most of those things having nothing to do with Aerosmith. Yes, he might write a few more riffs, but it doesn't become a song before the rest of the band joins them. There's no such thing as an Aerosmith song written solely by Joe Perry. The only way this band will ever get round to finishing the album is if a producer gets all 5 of them together in one room.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

:| I just naturally assumed that he meant the band were writing stuff. :(

JerseyboyUK 01-22-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 902200)
I hope they put a good record out because my interest in Aerosmith is hanging by a thread.

Same here, 'Honkin' On Bobo' was great but felt more like a 'project' than a real album. They also sucked bigtime when i saw them at Hyde Park, Joe Perry was particularily disappointing.

'Aerosmith', 'Get Your Wings', 'Toys In The Attic', 'Rocks', and 'Draw The Line' are mindblowing good rock and roll albums, then it all went to shit.
'Pump' and 'Permanent Vacation' have a couple of decent tracks on each, but in my opinion Aerosmith never really suited the shiny production that the 80's/90's albums exhibited. 'Nine Lives' and inparticularily 'Just Push Play' are complete turds, utterly devoid of any attitude or soul.

Them early albums are amazing, and 'Honkin' On Bobo' offered some genuine hope. I just pray that they pull thier finger out and give us a great stripped down rock and roll record, not the pop-shite they've released over the last 15-20 years.

KeepTheFaith2211 01-22-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyboyUK (Post 902217)
Same here, 'Honkin' On Bobo' was great but felt more like a 'project' than a real album. They also sucked bigtime when i saw them at Hyde Park, Joe Perry was particularily disappointing.

'Aerosmith', 'Get Your Wings', 'Toys In The Attic', 'Rocks', and 'Draw The Line' are mindblowing good rock and roll albums, then it all went to shit.
'Pump' and 'Permanent Vacation' have a couple of decent tracks on each, but in my opinion Aerosmith never really suited the shiny production that the 80's/90's albums exhibited. 'Nine Lives' and inparticularily 'Just Push Play' are complete turds, utterly devoid of any attitude or soul.

Them early albums are amazing, and 'Honkin' On Bobo' offered some genuine hope. I just pray that they pull thier finger out and give us a great stripped down rock and roll record, not the pop-shite they've released over the last 15-20 years.

I must admit there are a few songs that I actually like from Just Push Play and Nine Lives. Namely Just Push Play and Pink.

Ferret 01-22-2009 08:32 PM

I don't mind them, decent band. Prefer their earlier more Stones-y stuff, myself. The big Don't Wanna Miss A Thing Style ballads don't really do it for me, to be honest, but the rock 'n' roll stuff's good.

Mama Kin's such a ****ing tune.

KeepTheFaith2211 01-22-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferret (Post 902225)
I don't mind them, decent band. Prefer their earlier more Stones-y stuff, myself. The big Don't Wanna Miss A Thing Style ballads don't really do it for me, to be honest, but the rock 'n' roll stuff's good.

Mama Kin's such a ****ing tune.

Oh yeah I agree, Don't Wanna Miss A Thing has been played to death and I never really liked it in the first place.