Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Which of the non hits has to go? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70297)

Zakatar 04-12-2018 03:40 AM

If I had to pick one, definitely Whole Lot of Leavin'. Lost Highway works pretty well at the beginning of a show, and Sleep is somewhat well known. I personally think BWC works better live than Born to Follow, just because it has one of the best sing-along choruses of any song released in the 2000s and 2010s. We Got it Going On works well live, but is a terrible song overall, and should be permanently replaced with One Wild Night.

Savvi 04-12-2018 03:44 AM

Whole Lot of Leavin is in my top 5 Jovi songs of all time... but even I think it needs to be dropped from the set.

Lost Highway & Born to Follow should be rotated with each other.

WGIGO and Sleep should be rotated with each other. I'm over both of them but can see why they're there.

Walleris 04-12-2018 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1238492)
Whole Lot of Leavin is in my top 5 Jovi songs of all time... but even I think it needs to be dropped from the set.

Lost Highway & Born to Follow should be rotated with each other.

WGIGO and Sleep should be rotated with each other. I'm over both of them but can see why they're there.

This.

I voted for WLOL even though it's probably the best song of the five from the songwriting perspective, because it simply does not add the value as the other four do, whether as semi-hits that represent the era (Follow, LH) or supposedly fun live songs (Sleep, WGIGO).

superkid 04-12-2018 04:30 AM

None of the 5 songs you listed should be dropped completely, but they don't deserve to be played every or nearly every night either. Just rotate them with other songs from the era that work just as well (Last Man Standing, Just Older, Superman Tonight, One Wild Night, etc.) If WLOL was only played once in awhile, no one would be sick of it.

I voted for WGIGO because it is the weakest song of the bunch, but it is kind of fun live.

Zacm95 04-12-2018 05:11 AM

Don’t really post much on here but I vote whole lot of leavin’... I love the song but live it just doesn’t work so early in the set. Wish they’d take it out and play Sleep/Runaway back to back after bad name to keep the energy up early in the show

Captain_jovi 04-12-2018 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1238494)
This.

I voted for WLOL even though it's probably the best song of the five from the songwriting perspective, because it simply does not add the value as the other four do, whether as semi-hits that represent the era (Follow, LH) or supposedly fun live songs (Sleep, WGIGO).

You expressed exactly what I was thinking. As a song that wasn't a single, for sure, but it pisses all over the other songs which need to be retired. It still needs to go.

TwinFan 04-12-2018 05:42 AM

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead USED to be a hell of a lot of fun live. It has since dragged on and on over the last decade or so. It's played too slow and it seems to be almost a low point in the set. A shame when it can be really fun like here.

Faceman 04-12-2018 06:31 AM

Lost Highway, it's awful.

YOVANAfromPeru 04-12-2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1238486)
All five. Immediately!

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Exactly! >_< jajajaj

Jeeper 04-12-2018 09:10 AM

They can all go. WLOL is the better of the songs and I’d personally rather hear that than any of the others.

ISWID is just tired now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk