Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   100,000,000 BJFCBW & 38 Previously Unreleased Tracks.(?) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=34655)

Vax 03-25-2006 03:36 AM

100,000,000 BJFCBW & 38 Previously Unreleased Tracks.(?)

I was just wondering how many of the 38 previoulsy unreleased tracks were actually known to members of this board?

Were there many surprises on there or were those tracks already known to Jovi faithfuls?

Captain_jovi 03-25-2006 04:06 AM

Pretty much most of the tracks I had never even heard OF but a handful, the titles have been floating around forever. Pretty much all 38, I had never heard at all. They did a great job grabbing songs that have never been leaked.

Iceman 03-25-2006 08:53 AM

Prior to the box set being published I had some versions of these songs:
Thief Of Hearts, Last Man Standing, Starting All Over Again, Rich Man Living In A Poor Man's House, Good Guys Don't Always Wear White, Edge Of A Broken Heart, Lonely At The Top, Ordinary People, If I Can't Have Your Love, Real Life, Breathe and Temptation

plus of course the studio versions of Someday, Always and LOAP.

So that's 12 or 15 tracks.

Ice

kiddSambo 03-25-2006 09:06 AM

I knew of all the ones Ice mentioned, minus Rich Man...plus Open All Night and Only In My Dreams

BJdavidLS 03-25-2006 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vax
I was just wondering how many of the 38 previoulsy unreleased tracks were actually known to members of this board?

Were there many surprises on there or were those tracks already known to Jovi faithfuls?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
Prior to the box set being published I had some versions of these songs:
Thief Of Hearts, Last Man Standing, Starting All Over Again, Rich Man Living In A Poor Man's House, Good Guys Don't Always Wear White, Edge Of A Broken Heart, Lonely At The Top, Ordinary People, If I Can't Have Your Love, Real Life, Breathe and Temptation

plus of course the studio versions of Someday, Always and LOAP.

So that's 12 or 15 tracks.

Ice

LOL
Ice, most of the songs you mention have been released previously, Vax was asking about the previously unreleased
I have only heard If I Can't Have Your Love, but a different version, apart from that I only knew about Letter To A Friend, so I have to agree with Captain_jovi
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi
They did a great job grabbing songs that have never been leaked.

David

Sambo-Chris 03-25-2006 01:45 PM

Obie did a good job with the box set. Exept of the former b-sides that I knew of course I only knew less than a handful of the songs before. The only ones I remember at the moment is the one that Richie sings but in a different version (with guitar,not piano) and the demo-version of Prayer without talkbox.

Nobody's_Hero 03-25-2006 03:29 PM

I knew next to none of those tracks. The only ones I knew of were Thief of Hearts, Last Man Standing and I heard Real Life.

yomamasofat 03-25-2006 03:44 PM

The boxset was done real well. I can't say I love all songs, but they did a great job collecting rare songs. This is how bands with > 5 albums should do a boxset.

Wildflower 03-27-2006 08:56 PM

I didn't know any song,they did a great job!
But why and how didn't they put on even Prostitute and Fields of fire????

aph01 03-27-2006 09:06 PM

I never bought the boxset, is it worth getting?? Is there much good stuff on it??

Cheers, Ali.