Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Thank god for the boxset (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=41064)

GeoMar 06-16-2007 03:59 PM

Thank god for the boxset

I was just listening to some of my favorites off of "100,000,000 fans" and some of these songs are just great. I think there's at least two albums worth of first-rate material on the boxset.

Let me first say that I am a fan of Lost Highway and, really, all Jovi music. Still, when I start getting sentimental about Bon Jovi, thinking how Jon's voice isn't what it once was, how their sound has changed over the years, how they only released two studio albums in the 90's...Well I just start listening to the boxset and I am really happy they released it. It's almost as if they released a couple more studio albums than they really did.

And for a band as image- and revenue-conscious as Bon Jovi, looking back I am really shocked they released "100,000,000 fans" since it obviously didn't sell well and really is just for the fans.

Anyway just some thoughts :)

jlewchuk 06-16-2007 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoMar (Post 755114)
I was just listening to some of my favorites off of "100,000,000 fans" and some of these songs are just great. I think there's at least two albums worth of first-rate material on the boxset.

Let me first say that I am a fan of Lost Highway and, really, all Jovi music. Still, when I start getting sentimental about Bon Jovi, thinking how Jon's voice isn't what it once was, how their sound has changed over the years, how they only released two studio albums in the 90's...Well I just start listening to the boxset and I am really happy they released it. It's almost as if they released a couple more studio albums than they really did.

And for a band as image- and revenue-conscious as Bon Jovi, looking back I am really shocked they released "100,000,000 fans" since it obviously didn't sell well and really is just for the fans.

Anyway just some thoughts :)

Miss Fourth of July rocks.

hackster73 06-16-2007 06:28 PM

I wish a few more 'Box set' songs would turn up during the live shows. Apart from every show having 'Radio' there were only two other tracks performed during the whole HAND tour:

I get a rush & Garageland - both rarely played

There is so much good material to chose, they could have varied it by playing a couple of different songs from the 'Box set' each show.

Crushgen24/88 06-16-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 755158)
I wish a few more 'Box set' songs would turn up during the live shows. Apart from every show having 'Radio' there were only two other tracks performed during the whole HAND tour:

I get a rush & Garageland - both rarely played

There is so much good material to chose, they could have varied it by playing a couple of different songs from the 'Box set' each show.

I know.
I would love to hear Miss Fourth of July....

Redshift 06-16-2007 10:57 PM

Last Chance Train with Joe Perry on Guitar - great stuff!

Open All Night - how Jon could dig the Bounce version over this is beyond me.

Too Much of a Good Thing - Best ending to a BJ CD I think I've heard!

So much great stuff - I could go on.......................

(Don't)Lie_to_me 06-16-2007 11:29 PM

Love ain't nothin but a 4 letter word rocks me. I heard it at the Borgata and it was perfect.

Cowgirl77 06-17-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redshift (Post 755211)
Last Chance Train with Joe Perry on Guitar - great stuff!...

One of my favourites as well :cool:
You Can Sleep While I Dream is my all-time fave though :love:

Mr Bluesman 06-17-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlewchuk (Post 755147)
Miss Fourth of July rocks.

I still don't understand why everyone raves about this track so much. It seems very average to me.

But, that aside - there are loads of songs on the box set which I love with a special mention of my favourite, Nobody's Hero.

Captain Walrus 06-17-2007 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bluesman (Post 755238)
I still don't understand why everyone raves about this track so much. It seems very average to me.

But, that aside - there are loads of songs on the box set which I love with a special mention of my favourite, Nobody's Hero.

I dunno, M4oJ isn't typical Bon Jovi at all, with the accordian and all, but it sounds pretty heartfelt ... "For the night I just watched as you walked out of here" is a powerful moment

Mr Bluesman 06-17-2007 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 755252)
I dunno, M4oJ isn't typical Bon Jovi at all, with the accordian and all, but it sounds pretty heartfelt ... "For the night I just watched as you walked out of here" is a powerful moment

Hmm, yeah... maybe. I guess I haven't really given it much time. I've never really read into the lyrics, the music has always put me off.