Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Litneg 11-10-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1270083)
.The USA of Trump is/was a dictatorship disguised as democracy, and it has affected many countries worldwide (most notably USA's departure off the climate agreement of Paris). You'll see how much better things will become with a man who actually knows what he's doing.

Every time I remember Oompa Loompa left the Paris Agreement I get pissed, this was the subject I was going to write about at the end of my course and he completely scr*wed with it :mrgreen:.

Back to Bon Jovi: before the album's release I really thought Let It Rain would be about it.

GabrielC 11-10-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1270083)
The USA of Trump is/was a dictatorship disguised as democracy, and it has affected many countries worldwide (most notably USA's departure off the climate agreement of Paris). You'll see how much better things will become with a man who actually knows what he's doing.

To be fair, every US administration affect many countries negatively worldwide. They love to play god in Latin America and Asia. Biden winning or losing, the way US treats the world is ****ed up anyway.

rolo_tomachi 11-10-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1270088)
I certainly would prefer new music rather than a non-touring tour.

I agree.

We have a year ahead of limitations, I don't think it will be possible to tour so soon, so I hope that Jon will compose again and if in 2022 the tours can return, then he will release a new album.

Captain_jovi 11-10-2020 03:47 PM

This may be controversial but I'll take this over "rah rah the days are getting better we can do anything" next album. Lower the Flag has actual emotion and "we deserve to live life" is miles better than "I'm going to live forever". I'm all tapped out on blind optimism.

Santa Fe 11-10-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1270092)
. Lower the Flag has actual emotion and "we deserve to live life"

For me that is one of the best songs of the album :p

Litneg 11-10-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1270092)
This may be controversial but I'll take this over "rah rah the days are getting better we can do anything" next album. Lower the Flag has actual emotion and "we deserve to live life" is miles better than "I'm going to live forever". I'm all tapped out on blind optimism.

Agreed. But I'm really into the kind of optimism we see in DWYC and Let It Rain. It's not blind, it's hopeful.

Captain_jovi 11-10-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litneg (Post 1270094)
Agreed. But I'm really into the kind of optimism we see in DWYC and Let It Rain. It's not blind, it's hopeful.

Fair! For some reason Let it Rain falls to one of the weaker spots on the album because it just sounds like twenty other Bon Jovi songs thematically. I don't even think it's bad, I just can't stomach "take a look around" again. That last "CHRIST IM CALLING" is one of the cooler moments on the album though!

liljovi93 11-10-2020 05:49 PM

I absolutely LOVE 'Let It Rain.'

It's massively grew on me since the album come out. The guitar/melody gets me every time. The way Jon sings 'broken ones like me' on the bridge is one of them moments where probably nobody else gets it but that line just gets me because of the delivery and the 'Christ I'm Calling' line is classic Jon.

It's in my top 3 from the new album alongside Blood In The Water & Luv Can.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 11-10-2020 07:03 PM

Side note, if you use a vocal remover it takes out that annoying lead guitar tone in the intro and David's playing a really cool, Springsteen-y Piano part.

Xavi 11-10-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1270097)
Side note, if you use a vocal remover it takes out that annoying lead guitar tone in the intro and David's playing a really cool, Springsteen-y Piano part.

That is because the song is basically "Land Of Hope And Dreams" by Bruce.
The intro is exactly the same song.