Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Phil X (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55719)

angelsambo 03-23-2023 09:38 PM

Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony forms band with Bon Jovi's Phil X...With a mystery vocalist

https://planetradio.co.uk/planet-roc...y-phil-x-band/

Thierry 03-25-2023 10:47 AM

Jeff Scott Soto is the singer. This is pretty much killer!

angelsambo 03-26-2023 10:17 PM

Phil X - Michael Anthony w/ The Trip

Kathleen 03-28-2023 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1284664)

Yeah - what he said.

Thinny 03-28-2023 03:54 PM

Phil is so much more at home playing this kind of stuff than he is in BJ. There's some footage of him doing Rock Candy, the old Montrose tune, with Sammy Hagar at the same gig.

This new project is exactly the kind of thing he should be doing and great news that Jeff Scott Soto is the singer! What a great set of pipes he has! Will look forward to this!

Javier 03-29-2023 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1284690)
Phil is so much more at home playing this kind of stuff than he is in BJ. There's some footage of him doing Rock Candy, the old Montrose tune, with Sammy Hagar at the same gig.

This new project is exactly the kind of thing he should be doing and great news that Jeff Scott Soto is the singer! What a great set of pipes he has! Will look forward to this!

I'm looking forward to this.
Being completely honest though, anything is a step up from being Kurt Deimer guitarist. Great riffs, poor songwriting, horrible vocals. JMO....

B.J. Always 03-30-2023 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1284664)

Maybe my sound is poor listening on a laptop, but I could barely even hear the singer and what I did hear didn't sound all that great to me.

I did love Phil X playing for sure! I wonder how many bands Phil X can possibly be in? Did he give up on The Drills?

Thinny 03-30-2023 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.J. Always (Post 1284720)
Maybe my sound is poor listening on a laptop, but I could barely even hear the singer and what I did hear didn't sound all that great to me.

This wasn't Jeff Scott Soto singing, it was Mikey. The band mentioned above have not played any gigs yet, this was just an all star charity gig. Jeff is a killer vocalist.

Javier 03-30-2023 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.J. Always (Post 1284720)
I did love Phil X playing for sure! I wonder how many bands Phil X can possibly be in? Did he give up on The Drills?

Whenever I read about Phil X being part of yet ANOTHER project my mind directly goes to Stupid good lookings vol. 2 that was supposed to come out seems like a lifetime ago! My guess is Drills is completely self funded by him so maybe he doesn't want to risk so many resources to promote it yet and prefers to go for more lucrative jobs in the meantime. He should also be getting paid at least a retainer fee from JBJ but who know how much that amounts to without any shows in the near future. But yeah, as far as releasing their own material, it seems like Phil and Richie aren't so different ��....

Captain_jovi 03-31-2023 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1284745)
Whenever I read about Phil X being part of yet ANOTHER project my mind directly goes to Stupid good lookings vol. 2 that was supposed to come out seems like a lifetime ago! My guess is Drills is completely self funded by him so maybe he doesn't want to risk so many resources to promote it yet and prefers to go for more lucrative jobs in the meantime. He should also be getting paid at least a retainer fee from JBJ but who know how much that amounts to without any shows in the near future. But yeah, as far as releasing their own material, it seems like Phil and Richie aren't so different ��....

True enough, both acts have a very limited audience. Phil more so but he's at least doing something about it.

I dno how lucrative the Kurt Deimer gig is haha. He's gotta be making enough money from the band that gigs like this are for fun. I don't believe for a second he was made an official band member and put on salary to be honest.