Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Track Rankings 2012 - 7800* Fahrenheit (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53856)

Spidey5150 03-08-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 1080729)
7800 is actually my favourite band album outside of the big 4 ... anyone with me? Just love that harder edge it's got to it, and the atmosphere created in some of the songs (personally I'm a big fan of the synths in To The Fire and Silent Night). Conversely, I find Tokyo Road to be quite overrated ... am I wrong or is everyone else?! :D

10. Only Lonely
9. Price Of Love
8. Hardest Part Is The Night
7. In & Out Of Love
6. Silent Night
5. To The Fire
4. Tokyo Road
3. Always Run To You
2. King Of The Mountain
1. Secret Dreams

I too have always found Tokyo Road to be insanely over rated. I just don't get it and probably never will.

Panda 03-08-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey5150 (Post 1080741)
I too have always found Tokyo Road to be insanely over rated. I just don't get it and probably never will.

I dont get what you mean. Insanely OVERrated?! It's more times not liked than liked on this board, just look at all the rankings. I think it's the most underrated song Bon Jovi have released to date.

Johny 03-08-2012 01:09 PM

I like this album. To some extent, I like more than the current records. No computers, no loops ni shit like this. Five guys playing, just music!

10. Hardest Part Is The Night
9. In And Out Of Love
8. Silent Night
7. Only Lonely
6. Tokyo Road
5. Price Of Love
4. Secret Dreams
3. Always Run To You
2. (I Don't Wanna Fall) To The Fire
1. King Of The Mountain

I have a special spot for Price Of Love. It always gives some kind of shivers, it reminds of something when I was younger and heard it for the first time but I don't know what it is. Some kind of special memories, maybe about falling in love with someone.

TwinFan 03-09-2012 03:56 AM

Tokyo Road rocks. Especially live.

yomamasofat 03-09-2012 04:41 AM

The best songs in this album are Secret Dreams, Tokyo Road, In And Out Of Love and Always Run To You. They are all good songs.

Silent Night, Hardest Part Is The Night, Only Lonely are ok.

The rest are atrocious, King Of The Mountain being the worst one.

Toño 03-09-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat (Post 1080762)
The best songs in this album are Secret Dreams, Tokyo Road, In And Out Of Love and Always Run To You. They are all good songs.

Silent Night, Hardest Part Is The Night, Only Lonely are ok.

The rest are atrocious, King Of The Mountain being the worst one.

I respectfully disagree with you, IMO Silent Night, Hardest Part Is The Night and Only Lonely are the best.

I don't like too much In And Out Of Love and Tokyo Road.

And secret dreams is one of the worst!

Bounce7800 03-10-2012 06:03 PM

The album certainly hasnt aged well. Musically, some of it is not bad at all, but the sound was just not there like it is on other BJ records- the production makes a great band sound average.

10pts- Only Lonely
9pts- The Price Of Love
8pts- The Hardest Part Is The Night
7pts- Silent Night
6pts- Tokyo Road
5pts- Secret Dreams
4pts- In And Out Of Love
3pts- King Of The Mountain
2pts- Always Run To You
1pt- (I Don’t Wanna Fall) Into The Fire

Savvi 03-11-2012 01:14 PM

JOVITALK 2012 TRACK RANKINGS RESULTS

http://bigpondmusic.com/images/Album...al-Edition.jpg
7800* FAHRENHEIT

#10. King of the Mountain
[45 Points]
Well King of the Mountain seems to be the King of nothing coming in at dead last. Overall, it seems to be one of the most disliked tracks in the Bon Jovi catalogue amongst Jovitalk members. The average score it recieved was a dismal 1. In fact six of us didnt even think it was worth that, giving the track a poor 0. The highest it scored was a single 7.

Our liking for the track has fallen over the past few years. Last time 7800 was ranked the song finished 7th with a score of 56 (and back then only 13 of us voted - 11 less than this time around).

~

#9. (I Dont Wanna Fall) To The Fire
[53 Points]
Not too far behind the King of nothing, To the Fire comes in at 9th place with 53 points. It also received an average score of 1, but didnt receive as many 0s as King of the Mountain (just three).

In 2008, To the Fire finished in last place so it managed to go one better this year.

King of the Mountain and To the Fire are well below the rest of the pack - 50 points behind to be exact.

~

#8. Secret Dreams
[103 Points]
Going one better this time around than last time, Secret Dreams runs in at 8th place. The song seems to be one of those songs which you either like or hate because it did manage to get a few high scores. In fact, the average score it received was a tie - five 7s and five 2s. It also grabbed a couple of 9s. It's unlucky that it finished third last.

~

#7. Always Run To You
[107 Points]
Just four points behind Secrets is Always Run To You in 7th place. While it did grab one 0, the song picked up no 1s. It's average was a 4/3. Despite finishing lower than most songs, it did also manage to steal a couple of 7s and even a 10.

Always Run To You finishes in the same position it did in 2008 - 7th.

~

#6. Silent Night
[132 Points]
For most, Bon Jovi hadn't quite perfected their power ballads just yet in 1985 - but Silent Night gives it a good crack. Finishing in 6th place, Silent Night did quite well to rack up an average score of 8! Unfortunately id grabbed a fair few of the lower scores to finish any higher. However it also received a big 10 from one voter.

~

#5. The Price of Love
[137 Points]
Only 5 points separate Silent Night with The Price of Love, which finishes middle of the group in 5th - quite fitting considering the average score it received was a 5. It's high finish compared to the tracks below it thanks to it grabbing a fair few high scores ranging from 7 to 10.

Despite a decent finish, The Price of Love has actually fallen since 2008 where it finished in 3rd place.

~

#4. In and Out of Love
[149 Points]
Representing the album on both major greatest hit releases, In & Out of Love comes in at #4. On face value, you would think that the song would be a guaranteed top 3 finish. It did score well though - it is one of only two songs that didnt get a single score of 0. It's average is a 7 with a few 10s, 9s and 8s.

~

#3. Tokyo Road
[162 Points]
Over rated? Under rated? It was one of the bigger discussion points of the 7800 ranking this year. Whether you this it's over rated or not, there is no denying that Tokyo Road is one of the more liked tracks on the album.

It comes in at #3 with four people listing it as their favourite track on the album and another four people ranking it as their second favourite. It's average score is a 6.

It finishes two places higher than what it did in 2008 where it finished 5th.

~

#2. The Hardest Part Is the Night
[179 Points]
Just like in 2008, taking out the silver medal is The Hardest Part is the Night. The song scored very high with an 8 being it's average vote. It also scored a handful of 9s and 10s.

Over 70% of us rank The Hardest Part is the Night as the one of the top 3 songs of the album, with 20% ranking it in top spot. It did score a 0, but only few gave it a low score.

~

#1. Only Lonely
[205 Points]
Which leaves #1 spot to the leading single, Only Lonely. It is the only track on the album to score over 200 points and is over 25 points ahead of the rest of the tracks.

Nearly half of us rank it as the best song on the album, scoring ten top votes. With the exception of one vote of 3, the song scored nothing less than a 6.

This is the second time Only Lonely has taken out the title as the most liked track on 7800* Fahrenheit.

Savvi 03-11-2012 01:19 PM

SCORE TALLY

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...nt072/7800.jpg

Thoughts on the results?

I wish Always Run To You finished higher and The Price of Love finished lower. I also think King of the Mountain is rated too harshly here.

bjcrazycpa 03-11-2012 02:20 PM

I'm always the oddball...I actually like King Of The Mountain, and would have the songs that rank 7, 8, 9, and 10 in the top 5 with Tokyo Road being number 1 for me.