Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official July 17 Ernst-Happel-Stadion, Vienna, Austria Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70606)

rosa3 07-18-2019 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1257302)
Just because there is a new album doesn't mean there will be a tour (in Europe) Matt isn't even on tour with them anymore.

This tour was pretty bad, even though they rehearsed a lot (judging from the social media posts) I am glad I enjoyed Wembley and I should have left it at that (I was saying it will be my last Jovi show and went to Munich, stupid me) I wish it had not ended after Prayer and I hoped my last show would be with Richie on stage and Phil but I got Shanks so this is the only part that ruined it for me. I wil probably be done after this tour because the soul is mostly gone and it is just Jon's fake smile, bad vocals, redneck Shanks, an old Tico and David who might be the most solid one but always was the least important part for me.

This is going to my last post here then I will not be coming here to DC again. First and foremost, I AM NOT going to start to argue about Jon's voice how good or bad it is, personally, I think he sounds good, maybe not like it was from 80's,90's and even beyond. But what bothers me of this message board is the constant complaint and criticizim,(sorry for bad spelling) of Jon's voice and performance, and the constant critique of every little movement, sound, walk, talk and everything else in between of Jon during this European tour. First of all, be GRATEFUL and happy that the band is still touring and making music, Yes, it may not be the kind you would like to hear, you and several here on DC would want to go back to the old rock sound of the past, and thats fine, but its NOT 1989, it's 2019, different times, different sounds, different things for Jon and the band to try and experiment, Some might work, and some may not, nothing is perfect with a new album, but the point is to BE HAPPY that the band is making another record and it will be out soon. There are many bands from his genre who will LOVE to have the kind of longevity that Bon Jovi has, even if they may not have the big no.1 hits or alot of radio airplay on new material, but to be able to sell out these European stadiums they way the band has been doing, is pretty amazing, regardless of how Jon sounds good or bad, for Jon, this is probably a blessing, and you can bet when he goes to bed a night after the show, he thanks God every night that he is blessed that he still has the opportunity to perform the way he is now, and does NOT take anything for granted.
So, what is my point? my point is to one, be grateful for the band still playing, and two, don't take anything for granted, life is too short for people here to bitch and complain everytime about Jon or the bands performance, or Jon's voice, or setlists, etc. Just be happy and grateful.
Ok, no fighting words, no criticizims, (sorry again for spelling;)) Just be happy that Bon Jovi is still here and rockin, whether or may like the rockin they do now or not, just BE HAPPY:):):) Peace and blessing to everyone! God Bless :D

efpg0708 07-18-2019 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosa3 (Post 1257327)
This is going to my last post here then I will not be coming here to DC again. First and foremost, I AM NOT going to start to argue about Jon's voice how good or bad it is, personally, I think he sounds good, maybe not like it was from 80's,90's and even beyond. But what bothers me of this message board is the constant complaint and criticizim,(sorry for bad spelling) of Jon's voice and performance, and the constant critique of every little movement, sound, walk, talk and everything else in between of Jon during this European tour. First of all, be GRATEFUL and happy that the band is still touring and making music, Yes, it may not be the kind you would like to hear, you and several here on DC would want to go back to the old rock sound of the past, and thats fine, but its NOT 1989, it's 2019, different times, different sounds, different things for Jon and the band to try and experiment, Some might work, and some may not, nothing is perfect with a new album, but the point is to BE HAPPY that the band is making another record and it will be out soon. There are many bands from his genre who will LOVE to have the kind of longevity that Bon Jovi has, even if they may not have the big no.1 hits or alot of radio airplay on new material, but to be able to sell out these European stadiums they way the band has been doing, is pretty amazing, regardless of how Jon sounds good or bad, for Jon, this is probably a blessing, and you can bet when he goes to bed a night after the show, he thanks God every night that he is blessed that he still has the opportunity to perform the way he is now, and does NOT take anything for granted.
So, what is my point? my point is to one, be grateful for the band still playing, and two, don't take anything for granted, life is too short for people here to bitch and complain everytime about Jon or the bands performance, or Jon's voice, or setlists, etc. Just be happy and grateful.
Ok, no fighting words, no criticizims, (sorry again for spelling;)) Just be happy that Bon Jovi is still here and rockin, whether or may like the rockin they do now or not, just BE HAPPY:):):) Peace and blessing to everyone! God Bless :D

99 out of 100 times when someone says - “I will not be coming back here”, it means that he/she will keep checking out for replies to her goodbye post every 5 min ...

Anyway ... I disagree with you. You’re saying quantity is more important than quality. In other words: you should be grateful that they will play until they’re dead even though they will suck. No, thanks !

If you can’t stand the criticism, a message board is not the place for you ...

Tictoc 07-18-2019 05:33 AM

Quote:

First off. Writing certain words in all capital letters comes off as AGGRESSIVE and IDIOTIC.

This isn't a cult. We don't have to be "happy" or "grateful" just because master Jon shits out another album.

This board would be totally dead if it wasn't for criticism and bitching. It's become far more entertaining than the actual music.

Bye bye.

Roll 07-18-2019 06:13 AM

There's only one thing in the world more copy/paste than this tour's setlists : your comments :p
Thought I must acknowledge that these threads sometimes take a funny turn :D

phoenixy 07-18-2019 06:19 AM

I'm only on phone the whole day, and I hate to write a lot on phone...
As I said this was my very first BJ show, though I've been here since about 2007.
Of course I always watched the uploaded videos (but not for songs like WWBTF, captain crash, THINFS songs), even now, and I was really worried. For the past 2-3 weeks I just couldn't even listen to KTF and especially LYHOM, they were just dreadful.
And damn... It was amazing and I was reallly amazed how awesome it turned out to be, and Jon sounded very, very good. Way better than last time I saw those videos.

Of course hewas struggling with TD a lot (and didn't move anything), and you know where else he siunded bad? THINS, God Bless and I think Captain Crash (or WWBTF).
So I really enjoyed it,and immediately wanted to go to Klagenfurt, but it's pretty much sold out.

One more thing: I'm too lazy now, but as I said, I don't watch videos of Captain Crash. Do they always come all together (Jon, Phil, Hugh, Shanks) out to the "catwalk"? That was amazing! (Then Jon turned back and used the screen as a mirror LOL)
And for WWBTF do they always do that "Yeah,yeah,yeah" for like 20 times at the end? That was cool too, because the crowd was really into it.
Personally I love Rollercoaster, I was very happy it was played. The crowd obviously didn't know the lyrics, but I loved how everyone got into it by the second refrain.

****... This turned out to be lengthy...

Edit: I might upload some snippets to YouTube during the weekend, when I get home. I recorded only parts of some songs (it's more enjoyable, when you don't watch behind a 6" screen...)

WILDJOVIMAN 07-18-2019 07:00 AM

https://youtu.be/87qzdGJFBbU

My video from yesterday's These Days

steel_horse75 07-18-2019 08:24 AM

The Official July 17 Ernst-Happel-Stadion, Vienna, Austria Thread

Anyone see skid row? What were they like musically. I don’t like new singers voice. I love everything until Seb left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gabriele 07-18-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDJOVIMAN (Post 1257332)
https://youtu.be/87qzdGJFBbU

My video from yesterday's These Days

Good vid, but the performance Is awful.

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Xavi 07-18-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

What God? Does God exists?

YOVANAfromPeru 07-18-2019 10:22 AM

Skid Row started cold but then they totally won the audience!
In general, this concert was slightly better than Madrid (included JBJ’s voice)
The concert started PRETTY well, JBJ sounded good in House and today I realized I like Phil X solos in House, Runaway and Wanted; Born sounded really bad, and Runaway on the other hand was my favorite Runaway of this year, the Lot Of Leavin’ / Highway combo just doesn’t work, I was almost starting to check my emails from work lol; I noticed Have A Nice Day has endless Oh’s I’s and Day’s pre-recorded and I think it was completely necessary!!!, and he Really tried a little in some parts of Keep The Faith; Amen was not a good rendition and this time he sang the Amen’s, It’s My Life doesn’t sound good anymore, Crash thing is way too childish for my taste and at this point of the concert I was starting feeling literally sick and wanted throw up but then JBJ came back at the end of Bad Medicine, Encore THESE DAYS (The Song! of the concert and saved the show for me), then JBJ does the sign with his hands together to the band (Prayer) This time this song sounded pretty good!!! so I ended very happy! -_- and I didn’t throw up...