Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bruuuuce (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53654)

ticos_stick 11-24-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'monFeet (Post 1077037)
So, you would rather see Bruce play with an entirely new band than with the surviving members of the E-Street Band? You don't trust him, after 40 years as a world-class professional to put together a show that's worth your money?

Stay the **** home.

Oh piss off and flounce somewhere else you big girl.

ticos_stick 11-24-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 1076920)
So if I understand you correctly you say dont play any famous songs anymore when 1 member who had a great role in the song passed away or isnt in the band anymore for whatever reason?

It is your opinion and I respect it but that is why is also said, he could still present the songs in different versions. When he for example would play BTR acoustic with a harmonica you can see that as a respect to the big man who isnt there anymore and therefore not playing that version. The ESB is more then all the members in it.

I salute you,
TS

I am fine with Bruce playing all the old songs but I just don't like the fact he's still calling it Bruce Springsteen And The E Street Band. I care deeply about the legacy and memory of the band. Danny was replaceable, it was very sad to see him go but he wasn't key to the look and sound of the band.

I dunno, maybe I'm being too precious about it all. I think the last tour was a perfect end, I was happy for that to be the final chapter.

Anyway, thanks for being civilised in disagreement ;)

Thierry 11-24-2011 07:28 PM

Are there any Dutch/German dates?

asok80 11-24-2011 09:56 PM

Venue City On Sale
Fri.,
May 25 Commerzbank-Arena Frankfurt, GERMANY 11/28
9 a.m.
Sun.,
May 27 Rhein-Energie Stadium Cologne, GERMANY 11/28
9 a.m.
Wed.,
May 30 Olympic Stadium Berlin, GERMANY 11/28
9 a.m.

asok80 11-24-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1077033)
YESSSSSS!!!
3 dates in France including 2 in paris ... This is bliss !

We will try to get tix for Paris

Kathleen 11-26-2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1077039)
I dunno, maybe I'm being too precious about it all. I think the last tour was a perfect end, I was happy for that to be the final chapter.

To us long time fans - even the last tour was missing Danny and wasn't a complete E Street Band Tour.

asok80 11-26-2011 01:49 PM

So true Kathleen 2008 tour was the last original E Street Band tour

ticos_stick 11-26-2011 04:47 PM

Well Nils wasn't in the original line up, so you'll have to go back a bit further to have seen the true 100% original line up.

C'monFeet 11-26-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1077109)
Well Nils wasn't in the original line up, so you'll have to go back a bit further to have seen the true 100% original line up.

Or Max. Why should this be thought of as anything other than an evolution? Life is change etc... WTF does a name matter (except to signify that these are the people responsible for looking after this music)?

Members
Bruce Springsteen
Garry Tallent
Roy Bittan
Max Weinberg
Steven Van Zandt
Nils Lofgren
Patti Scialfa

Past members
Clarence Clemons
Danny Federici
Vini Lopez
David Sancious
Ernest Carter
Suki Lahav

ticos_stick 11-26-2011 05:03 PM

You're missing the point. Clarence wasn't just a member, he was The E Street Band and in my view irreplaceable.