Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bruuuuce (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53654)

C'monFeet 11-26-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1077111)
You're missing the point. Clarence wasn't just a member, he was The E Street Band and in my view irreplaceable.

More than almost any, The E Street Band is a family. Clarence will be honoured and given tribute, the other members will grow a little to step up to the plate and whoever plays sax will know precisely the shoes he's filling. There's no way in hell Bruce would turn Tribute Band rather than grow in this situation. There's no way in hell Clarence would have wanted the music to die with him!

C'monFeet 11-26-2011 05:16 PM

:p

Jim Bon Jovi 11-26-2011 07:14 PM

LOL that's just literally blown my mind.

I can still remember the very first time I ever saw Bill and Ted (back when it was BSkyB and Murdoch hid his evil agenda a little better) and I always loved that scene and that tune from the first time but never knew Clarence was in it!!!

I think I may spend tonight working on a cover version of it. :)

Jim Bon Jovi 11-26-2011 09:08 PM

Oh yeah I saw a Springsteen tribute last night and I think I'm going to get myself a sax after Christmas if I've still got GAS for one. :D

Jim Bon Jovi 11-27-2011 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 1077116)
LOL that's just literally blown my mind.

I can still remember the very first time I ever saw Bill and Ted (back when it was BSkyB and Murdoch hid his evil agenda a little better) and I always loved that scene and that tune from the first time but never knew Clarence was in it!!!

I think I may spend tonight working on a cover version of it. :)

D is far too high a key for mere mortals like me to break out but C will do.

If I ever find someone stupid enough to marry me this may have to be our first dance.

asok80 11-27-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1077109)
Well Nils wasn't in the original line up, so you'll have to go back a bit further to have seen the true 100% original line up.

Oh you wanna go there do you? haha
E Street has always been forever changing/adding line-ups..as Kathleen puts it, a family really.

Kathleen 11-27-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asok80 (Post 1077157)
Oh you wanna go there do you? haha
E Street has always been forever changing/adding line-ups..as Kathleen puts it, a family really.

Please - I remember when Patty wasn't in the band - or Suzie or Nils. I remember when Stevie wasn't in the band. I don't go all the way back to when Max wasn't the drummer. I wasn't a fan then but I remember it being talked about.

This band has evolved and changed a LOT over the years. Now it's changing due to mortality being imposed. Personally - my feeling is that life goes on for the rest of us and the music should go on too.

Keep in mind that the prime mover here is Bruce - he is very much alive and seemingly ready to rock. His musical taste has impressed me over the years so I'm not the slightest bit afraid that he is going to go nostalgic or sloppy because Clarence is gone. Bruce will do what he has always done and that is make music.

To which I say "thanks" :D

ticos_stick 11-27-2011 09:36 PM

I'm excited about the new music and tour, don't get me wrong. I'm just not too pleased that he's still hauling The E Street name around the world without Clarence. Where does it end?

Bruce up on stage in a wheelchair with a robot Little Steven next to him? :p

Kathleen 11-28-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1077164)
I'm excited about the new music and tour, don't get me wrong. I'm just not too pleased that he's still hauling The E Street name around the world without Clarence. Where does it end?

Bruce up on stage in a wheelchair with a robot Little Steven next to him? :p

Keep in mind that the band name was taken from where David Sancious (ex keyboard player) lived at the time. David has not been a member since 1975 himself.

At this point - anyone that Bruce calls the E Street Band is part of the band in my mind. Though there are diehards that don't even consider Patty a legitimate member.

And no Bruce in a wheelchair for me please - I like to keep some of my illusions and one of them is that Bruce will make music for a long time to come. I know that's unlikely :(

Iceman 11-28-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1077164)

There's no Mad Dog or David Sancious there either. By your standards he should've ditched the name when Boom Carter joined. Or at the latest when Roy Bittan and Max Weinberg joined.

What you're saying is just idiotic whining. Bruce can do what he wants. It's his band and I'll gladly go see him with anyone he chooses to play with.

Ice