Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

Javier 03-31-2017 10:28 PM

For some reason whenever I see "LTOR" posted anywhere my mind immediately goes towards 'Lord Of The Rings'.

I know what it means and what song it's referring to, but for that second or two it's how my mind immediately associates it.....

Panda 03-31-2017 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1222135)
For some reason whenever I see "LTOR" posted anywhere my mind immediately goes towards 'Lord Of The Rings'.

I know what it means and what song it's referring to, but for that second or two it's how my mind immediately associates it.....

You're not alone, Samwise the brave.

Walkerboy 04-04-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1221700)
Watched Yokohama 1996 last night after a few drinks. Nearly cried. Not their best performance so I'm told, but holy hell if it's not it proves what a band they were. 'Hey God' can melt your face off, 'I'll Be There For You' is perfection, 'Blood On Blood' is littered with heart and soul, 'Something To Believe In' is pure raw emotion, and that acoustic 'Wanted Dead Or Alive'...beautiful.

Put the CD of this on in the car the other day, and the opening with the marching band still blows me away...

KeepTheFaith2211 04-07-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1222586)
Put the CD of this on in the car the other day, and the opening with the marching band still blows me away...

Same. Love that introduction.

DryCounty 04-12-2017 05:36 PM

Just throwing this one out...
Has Lance Quinn ever done an interview about working with the band on the two first records? I mean he did produce two albums by one of the biggest rock bands ever but I have never heard him say a work about his work. As a matter of fact, trying to google Lance Quinn is like googling a ghost. Can't find anything about the guy.

Six-String 04-18-2017 02:04 AM

What's your favourite live version of SIBSN?

Alphavictim 04-18-2017 03:27 AM

Are there any definite bootlegs from the Bounce or HAND era? A very good fan of mine really likes the band, but for him, the last relevant records were these two. Is there anything great out there from that era? I know the "street show in NYC" from the Bounce-era is pretty good, but it's obviously not a full performance.

DryCounty 05-29-2017 12:55 PM

How is the Lost Highway European Leg 2008 covered when it comes to bootlegs? I remember I had quite some shows from the 2008 leg but I lost most bootlegs from that tour when my family moved back then and hasn't really been able to get hold of many since. It's mostly audio I'm thinking about.

And NO, I'm not asking for any download links or anything, just putting the question out because it would make my search a lot easier if I knew which shows I'm looking for.

Nige 05-29-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ_AUT (Post 1223754)
What's your favourite live version of SIBSN?

The one on the live album is great, but Manchester 2003 has always been the one for me. I may be a bit biased because I was there.

Nige 05-29-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1223757)
Are there any definite bootlegs from the Bounce or HAND era? A very good fan of mine really likes the band, but for him, the last relevant records were these two. Is there anything great out there from that era? I know the "street show in NYC" from the Bounce-era is pretty good, but it's obviously not a full performance.

Can't remember any specifically for HAND off the top of my head but both Tokyo shows and Osaka from the Bounce tour were great.