Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

bonjovi90 07-16-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1202601)
I will not open a new thread to ask this question, so I put it here.

I've been listening to Special Tour Editons bonus tracks lives, my question is.....
You Give Love a Bad Name Live of what year it is? It seems of New Jersey or Keep The Faith tour. And Wanted dead or Alive acoustic live, it seems to be 1988-1990.

someone knows?

Bad Name stems (my guess) from the early US tour in 1989. Since Jon talks about "a lot of old friends here..." I assumed it may have been from the New Meadowlands show in March, but it wasn't. There is some reverb in it from the arena's acoustics, so I guess it was indoors. Maybe somewhere along the East Coast...

Lampinen 07-16-2016 06:30 PM

What the hell is Jon singing at the end of Little bit o soul? "You're my [what?], burns like fire thru my veins" Drives me crazy!

rolo_tomachi 07-16-2016 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1202602)
Bad Name stems (my guess) from the early US tour in 1989. Since Jon talks about "a lot of old friends here..." I assumed it may have been from the New Meadowlands show in March, but it wasn't. There is some reverb in it from the arena's acoustics, so I guess it was indoors. Maybe somewhere along the East Coast...

It is strange, no explosions at the beginning. Seems new jersey Tour, but could also be of some promotional concerts of Keep The Faith Era.

bonjovi90 07-16-2016 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1202608)
It is strange, no explosions at the beginning. Seems new jersey Tour, but could also be of some promotional concerts of Keep The Faith Era.

Early on the New Jersey tour there were no fireworks on Bad Name. Judging by that it might be from the European leg. Doesn't sound like the KTF era to me.

rolo_tomachi 07-17-2016 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1202609)
Early on the New Jersey tour there were no fireworks on Bad Name. Judging by that it might be from the European leg. Doesn't sound like the KTF era to me.

True, thanks for the info. other track, Only Lonely Live Soundcheck, it seems that also belongs to the New Jersey tour, Jon has the voice in good condition, in the SWW Tour was damaged.

Lucas_Roli 07-17-2016 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lampinen (Post 1202605)
What the hell is Jon singing at the end of Little bit o soul? "You're my [what?], burns like fire thru my veins" Drives me crazy!

Haha, I have no ideea, I always sing hear my "Hear my band, burns like fire in my veins".

The bigger question is what is he saying on the first verse of Gimme Somme. I've asked almost everyone who knows english if they could figure out what he is saying but no one can apparently. I think even if you'd ask Jon himself he couldn't figure it out.

bonjovi90 07-17-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1202614)
True, thanks for the info. other track, Only Lonely Live Soundcheck, it seems that also belongs to the New Jersey tour, Jon has the voice in good condition, in the SWW Tour was damaged.

Only Lonely was from the very early part of the SWW tour in 1986 (supposedly Japan since the song was player a few times there). In 2010 there was a radio broadcast where Obie explained the special editions and said that he had restored this specific audio (which had been damaged by water floodins beforehand). He then stated that they had recorded it at a soundcheck in 1986.

rolo_tomachi 07-17-2016 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1202620)
Only Lonely was from the very early part of the SWW tour in 1986 (supposedly Japan since the song was player a few times there). In 2010 there was a radio broadcast where Obie explained the special editions and said that he had restored this specific audio (which had been damaged by water floodins beforehand). He then stated that they had recorded it at a soundcheck in 1986.

Thanks again. True, set list japanesse of 1986 include Only Lonely. dammit, they could launch a Deluxe Edicion 30th annyversary with a live concert of that year. Also could include as bonus tracks the unreleased songs from the sessions, as Game Of The Heart, Lonely Is The Night, Deep Cuts The Nife, Never Enough .......

Well, maybe they wanted him out in 2014, but the record label said no, who knows. Now would be a good time if the new album is released later this year. But this will not happen unfortunately.

Edit: Wanted dead or alive acoustic live is from SWW Tour or NJ Tour? or maybe KTF promo Tour?

Walleris 07-17-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1202622)

Edit: Wanted dead or alive acoustic live is from SWW Tour or NJ Tour? or maybe KTF promo Tour?

I think I remember reading somewhere it was from a 1995 promo show. And the sound of Jon's and Richie's voices seem to be supporting that. Especially Jon, he sounded rougher in the 80s.

Walleris 07-17-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1202622)

Well, maybe they wanted him out in 2014, but the record label said no, who knows. Now would be a good time if the new album is released later this year. But this will not happen unfortunately.

If that's true, I completely understand the label. They put out the NJ deluxe anniversary edition that had a whole new album worth of outtakes and commercially it did much worse that everyone expected.

Sadly, Bon Jovi just doesn't have that big enough die-hard audience (compared to Bruce or Pearl Jam, for example) that would pay money for these things.