Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

rolo_tomachi 07-17-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1202634)
If that's true, I completely understand the label. They put out the NJ deluxe anniversary edition that had a whole new album worth of outtakes and commercially it did much worse that everyone expected.

Sadly, Bon Jovi just doesn't have that big enough die-hard audience (compared to Bruce or Pearl Jam, for example) that would pay money for these things.

However SWW is the most iconic album of Bon Jovi and is very prominent in the eighties. Could launch a 30th anniversary edition now, because it is the right time.

But they have been greedy with the reeditions the past decade.

2005 - SWW Dual Disc 5.1 (album in 5.1) no unrrelased song, no bonus tracks.
2010 - Special Editions Tour (remastered) only 4 live tracks.

2016 - 30TH Annyversary (would be... 2cd+book) cd1 Album+bonus tracks unrrelased songs. cd2 live show from 1986. book of pics from tour.

I do not know if they have a videotaped concert worth, simply with these 2cds, we would be very happy.

Lucas_Roli 07-28-2016 07:52 PM

i've been listening to this song non stop today, it's so freaking catchy.

Faceman 07-28-2016 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1203034)

I had that phase 4 weeks ago :D

B.J.F. 07-28-2016 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1202634)
If that's true, I completely understand the label. They put out the NJ deluxe anniversary edition that had a whole new album worth of outtakes and commercially it did much worse that everyone expected.

Sadly, Bon Jovi just doesn't have that big enough die-hard audience (compared to Bruce or Pearl Jam, for example) that would pay money for these things.

Oh gee maybe Bon Jovi just has too many dummies for fans like me. I didn't even realize what those deluxe anniversary editions consisted of.

rolo_tomachi 07-28-2016 08:49 PM

This cover would be a great TLFR version if Jon had recorded this one.

Alphavictim 07-28-2016 09:39 PM

Is that autotune / pitch correction in the chorus?

Pretty cool either way, though!

bonjovi90 07-28-2016 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1203049)
Is that autotune / pitch correction in the chorus?

Pretty cool either way, though!

Not sure, I think it's rather some (unnecessary) effect. This guy also made a cover of Brokenpromiseland and that's pretty much the tone and range of his voice, so I think it's natural.

DryCounty 07-29-2016 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1203034)
Witness - You re Not My Lover - YouTube

I always imagine how it would be hearing a Bon Jovi-take on that song during the NJ era. Could be pretty fantastic, it's a great, great song that has BJ written all over it. Shame there's no band demo of it.

Alphavictim 07-29-2016 02:43 AM

The Witness version sounds a lot more like BJ than the Dalton one for sure. And yeah, with this arrangement, it sounds just like the lost BJ song it is. The prechorus especially is a lot more effective this way.

Rdkopper 07-29-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1203056)
The Witness version sounds a lot more like BJ than the Dalton one for sure. And yeah, with this arrangement, it sounds just like the lost BJ song it is. The prechorus especially is a lot more effective this way.

There has to be a demo version of this song sung by Jon in the vaults...

And also a demo version of Jon doing Notorious by Loverboy... It's been stated that Loverboy rearranged the so much that it's much different than Bon Jovi's initial version...