Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Darkness. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=15934)

Richie_Sambora 09-09-2003 03:36 PM

Yeah the Darkness are great!
I bought the album last month and it hasn't come out of my CD player yet! They deserved to win best live act at the Kerrang awards, and all of them are superb musicians, they are definitely the hottest thing to come out of the uk for a long while!

|| Panama || 09-09-2003 05:54 PM

hopefully they'll get the Mercury Music prize today. they're the best band there!

Donna 09-09-2003 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by || Panama ||
hopefully they'll get the Mercury Music prize today. they're the best band there!

I'll be watching it shortly! 10 mins to go! They are apparantly arriving in true style, in formula 1 cars! :lol:

Mongoose 09-10-2003 02:52 AM

funny how all of a sudden everyone loves the darkness, all these ****ing kids, how come none of them were the slightest bit interested in guitar orientated rock beforehand? stupid trendy kids

Donna 09-11-2003 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose
funny how all of a sudden everyone loves the darkness, all these **** kids, how come none of them were the slightest bit interested in guitar orientated rock beforehand? stupid trendy kids

prolly coz their songs have the words f*ck and c*nt in them! :lol:

Darkness fans please go check out my website and sign my guestbook you motherf*ckers!! :lol:

www.thedarknessrock.net

Mr Bluesman 09-12-2003 05:41 PM

I brought Permission To Land yesterday, and I must say that it's brillian, that's after you get used to the lead singer's (sorry can't remember his name) high-pitched singing. Of course they aren't to be taken very seriously, had a good laugh at Givin' Up with my mates. It's great; it’s like all of my favourite 70's/80's bands all rolled into one. :lol:

Might also get all the "trendy kids" into decent rock again?

Jovian 09-19-2003 11:39 PM

Okay, now I know a LITTLE bit more about The Darkness -- I just saw them live on Pepsi Chart (i.e. CD:UK). Yeah, they looked like a rock band, and sounded like one too. BUT, the singer dude sounded exactly like the singer of The Cure...and the song they were singing, Dancing On A Friday Night, or something to that effect, was more or less a rip-off of the Cure song Friday I'm In Love. :?

So, now I know that they're not just "yet another garage band". But based on what I saw today, I still wouldn't exactly call them original...

Mongoose 09-19-2003 11:45 PM

Code:

Cure song Friday I'm In Love.
woo, I forgot about that song

Jimbo 09-21-2003 12:54 PM

Darkness

I love them.

Got their debut album on release [7th June] and it's very good.
Especially like "Love On The Rocks (With No Ice)" and "Love Is Only A Feeling" and a few others.

They will be big, and they will be good, we should be proud to have such a great British band in our midst.

Who knows, maybe they'll be the next generation's Rolling Stones, I do hope so :)

Mr Bluesman 09-21-2003 01:15 PM

Re: Darkness

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo
Who knows, maybe they'll be the next generation's Rolling Stones, I do hope so :)

I don't think so somehow :lol: