Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

slippery89 05-20-2008 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent (Post 826800)
Don't do it.

Any reasons?

BeExcellent 05-20-2008 11:56 AM

This is my third edit, trying to explain exactly why coldplay make my skin crawl so.

It more or less boils down to the fact that the character of Ross from Friends is almost certainly a huge fan. Nothing would make him happier than a double bill of Hootie and the Blowfish and Coldplay.

A beige facsimile of genuine passion, belief, melody and excitement. That bloody falsetto. A baby named Apple. The inescapable eco-friendly smugness. It's 'aspirational' music. An accessory for a starbucks lifestyle. Plain. Bloody. Awful.

BeExcellent 05-20-2008 11:58 AM

Louis CK at the Soho Theatre - been waiting for him to come to England for an age. So excited. And I just can't hide it.



Thierry 05-20-2008 12:57 PM

To be honest, there isn't a bad that I hate more than Coldplay. Bah!

Supersonic 05-20-2008 01:00 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 826930)
To be honest, there isn't a bad that I hate more than Coldplay. Bah!

How about Michael Jackson's Bad?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Thierry 05-20-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 826932)
Aloha !



How about Michael Jackson's Bad?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Did Michael Jackson had a bad with Coldplay?

Supersonic 05-20-2008 01:23 PM

Aloha !

No, but I think Chris Martin sang in Michael Jackson's Band.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Thierry 05-20-2008 01:25 PM

http://www.motor-forum.nl/usericons/43244/Bad%20Dog.jpg

Kathleen 05-20-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 826930)
To be honest, there isn't a bad that I hate more than Coldplay. Bah!

So you're saying that they are the badest bad. :p

Jim Bon Jovi 05-20-2008 04:58 PM

fwiw coldplay are actually an amazingly energetic and enthralling live band no matter whether you like their music or not.

Thierry 05-20-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 826987)
fwiw coldplay are actually an amazingly energetic and enthralling live band no matter whether you like their music or not.

Chris Martin's voice simply gives me diarrhea.

Captain Walrus 05-20-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent (Post 826923)
This is my third edit, trying to explain exactly why coldplay make my skin crawl so.

It more or less boils down to the fact that the character of Ross from Friends is almost certainly a huge fan. Nothing would make him happier than a double bill of Hootie and the Blowfish and Coldplay.

A beige facsimile of genuine passion, belief, melody and excitement. That bloody falsetto. A baby named Apple. The inescapable eco-friendly smugness. It's 'aspirational' music. An accessory for a starbucks lifestyle. Plain. Bloody. Awful.

I suspect you're rather missing the point. The poster you replied to was contemplating buying tickets, so obviously at least somewhat like's the band's studio output, so saying why you don't like them is unlikely to be at all helpful

For what it's worth, I think they're a distinctly OK band, easy enough on the ear, and with fairly good hooks, but in essence a watered down Jeff Buckley / Radiohead. Not necessarily daring or original, but then not all music has to be, otherwise we'd run out of new music fairly quickly.

Jim Bon Jovi 05-21-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 826991)
Chris Martin's voice simply gives me diarrhea.

at least it 'moves' you :o

spunkywho 05-21-2008 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeExcellent
A beige facsimile of genuine passion, belief, melody and excitement. That bloody falsetto. A baby named Apple. The inescapable eco-friendly smugness. It's 'aspirational' music. An accessory for a starbucks lifestyle. Plain. Bloody. Awful.

oh come on!! Green, Mermaids, and Calmness. Incense, bare feet, black, and freaky lights. Pure evil, isn't it? I am with you on that fruit thing - shudder.

Eastwick 05-21-2008 07:03 PM

Bob Dylan next friday :D
How does it feel?
It feels awsome!

slippery89 05-22-2008 03:12 AM

I can't believe the negativity towards coldplay, i think there great. Chris has a great voice. Very surprised.

choclady 05-24-2008 12:46 PM

Death Cab for Cutie.....Red Rocks.....May 28 :)
Jamie Lidell....Opera House, Toronto.... June 5th :cool:

choclady 05-24-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastwick (Post 827286)
Bob Dylan next friday :D
How does it feel?
It feels awsome!

i hope you don't have an experience as terrible as i had :(
he was the worst live act i have ever seen

Eastwick 05-24-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choclady (Post 828732)
i hope you don't have an experience as terrible as i had :(
he was the worst live act i have ever seen

I know it's a "gamble" to see Dylan, but I'm one of those who loves his music, style and all that. I find his liveperformance amazing. How you don't recognize the songs before he starts to sing. How he changes the songs from day to day. He simply is a true genius!

Slow Joe 05-25-2008 03:52 PM

Southside Johnny on 4th October - 3 miles from my home town - in deepest darkest Somerset! Woohoo!

Eastwick 05-27-2008 11:17 PM

TOM WAITS!!!!
2 conserts in Dublin in July/August!!!!
When I got the tickets earlyer today my body was shaking!
I've been waiting for years to see Tom Waits and now finaly I'll see him. He's my hero, my influence, my mentor.
Along with Jovi Tom Waits is my fav artist. For I am a raindog too...

So dreams actually come true sometimes...

milomom 05-28-2008 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastwick (Post 830224)
TOM WAITS!!!!
2 conserts in Dublin in July/August!!!!
When I got the tickets earlyer today my body was shaking!
I've been waiting for years to see Tom Waits and now finaly I'll see him. He's my hero, my influence, my mentor.
Along with Jovi Tom Waits is my fav artist. For I am a raindog too...

So dreams actually come true sometimes...

Good for you! One of my co-workers just got tickets for his upcoming show here in Atlanta, and he was similarly thrilled. I thought about going and even went so far as to consult Ticketmaster, but I decided to leave the relatively few tickets (fairly small venue) to the diehards. Have a great time!

Eastwick 05-28-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 830274)
Good for you! One of my co-workers just got tickets for his upcoming show here in Atlanta, and he was similarly thrilled. I thought about going and even went so far as to consult Ticketmaster, but I decided to leave the relatively few tickets (fairly small venue) to the diehards. Have a great time!

Thanks a lot! Although I would like every person see Tom Waits live, I like your idea to "leave them to us diehards" :)
Respect man! ;)

hometownboy 05-30-2008 04:55 PM

i got tickets for the coldplay dates in manchester :)

Ferret 05-30-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometownboy (Post 831512)
i got tickets for the coldplay dates in manchester :)

Poor guy :(

kenobi_on_a_prayer 05-30-2008 06:03 PM

I don't mind a bit of Coldplay. I love The Scientist. Their other stuff is ok, just find them a bit bland.

slippery89 - as for whether you should get tickets, try weighing up a) how much you like the band and b) your finances, neither of which I have a window into.;)

Slow Joe 05-30-2008 08:11 PM

My sister's joke:
Why did Coldplay cross the road?
To get to the middle

hometownboy 05-30-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slow Joe (Post 831595)
My sister's joke:
Why did Coldplay cross the road?
To get to the middle

lol that's not that bad :p but still i like them hence why im going to see them :p

Yvonne 05-31-2008 01:42 PM

coldplay also in manchester!

BeExcellent 06-13-2008 10:12 AM

Sir Stevie of Wonder

hometownboy 06-13-2008 02:51 PM

when did he get knighted?

steel_horse75 06-13-2008 02:54 PM

the Wildhearts at shepherds bush 20/09

BeExcellent 06-13-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p34semm (Post 838674)
the Wildhearts at shepherds bush 20/09

See you there!

steel_horse75 06-13-2008 03:21 PM

indeed you will !!!
its about the 20th time ive seen them (seen them and Jovi the most) - followed them since 94.
great band - Ginger is one of the best song writers of all time
so underrated and under appreciated.

im also going to see Thunder in November.

BeExcellent 06-13-2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p34semm (Post 838681)
indeed you will !!!
its about the 20th time ive seen them

Slouch. And you call yourself a fan? ;)

Can't wait though, it's been a while since a 'special' Ginger gig. His Birthday shows have always been something else. Especially the one at Highbury garage a few years back. Almost every song a b-side. Almost every song greeted like Livin on a Prayer. Nice bit of payback for all the support.

And also there, the first Sonic Circus show, just went into overdrive when Conny came out.

JerseyboyUK 06-13-2008 08:45 PM

Today i used the refunded cash from the cancelled Prince show i was attending to grab myself a Stevie Wonder ticket for Brum NIA!

wooooot!

Jim Bon Jovi 06-14-2008 02:07 PM

yay my art garfunkel ticket came this morning :-D

Goldsausage 06-14-2008 02:28 PM

I actually bought this aaaaaaaaages ago but I don't think I mentioned it in here.

Bryan Adams, 02 Arena, 5th Novemember. I did have two tickets but my mate pulled out right after I purchased them :mad: So I'm taking my imaginary friend Lucas. We're gonna have so much fun :cool:

SSM12 06-14-2008 08:44 PM

Heart, in August

Chica Guacamole 06-14-2008 09:29 PM

The Killers at Marlay Park in August and Bryan Adams in Newcastle in November:D


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.