Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official June 11 Slagmarken , Sønderborg, Denmark Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70569)

Zakatar 06-09-2019 12:11 AM

The Official June 11 Slagmarken , Sønderborg, Denmark Thread

Setlists, Predictions, Videos, Disappointments, Complaints...

Bon Jovi have never played in Sønderborg before; the last time they played in Denmark was in Copenhagen on June 6, 2013, during the Because We Can tour. Here is the setlist from that show:

01. That's What the Water Made Me
02. You Give Love a Bad Name
03. Born to Be My Baby
04. Raise Your Hands
05. Runaway
06. Lost Highway
07. It's My Life
08. Because We Can
09. What About Now
10. We Got it Going on
11. Keep the Faith
12. (You Want to) Make a Memory
13. I'll Be There For You
14. Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
15. We Weren't Born to Follow
16. Who Says You Can't Go Home
17. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead [w/ "Roadhouse Blues" and "Oh, Pretty Woman" Snippets]
18. Bad Medicine
--------------------------------------------------------------
19. In These Arms
20. Blood Money
21. Wanted Dead or Alive
22. Living in Sin
23. Have a Nice Day
24. Livin' on a Prayer

2019 Setlist:

01. This House is Not For Sale
02. Raise Your Hands
03. You Give Love a Bad Name
04. Born to Be My Baby
05. Roller Coaster
06. Lost Highway
07. Runaway
08. We Weren't Born to Follow
09. Have a Nice Day
10. Keep the Faith
11. Amen
12. In These Arms
13. It's My Life
14. We Don't Run
15. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
16. Lay Your Hands on Me
17. Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
18. We Got it Going on
19. Blood on Blood
20. Bad Medicine
--------------------------------------
21. I'd Die For You
22. Livin' on a Prayer

james_d 06-09-2019 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakatar (Post 1254268)

Bon Jovi have never played in Sønderborg before; the last time they played in Denmark was in Copenhagen on June 6, 2013, during the Because We Can tour. Here is the setlist from that show:

03. Born to Be My Baby
04. Raise Your Hands
05. Runaway
06. Lost Highway
07. It's My Life
08. Because We Can
09. What About Now
10. We Got it Going on
11. Keep the Faith
17. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead [w/ "Roadhouse Blues" and "Oh, Pretty Woman" Snippets]
18. Bad Medicine
19. In These Arms
20. Blood Money
21. Wanted Dead or Alive
22. Living in Sin
23. Have a Nice Day
24. Livin' on a Prayer

2019 Setlist:

TBA

Somehow I don't think we'll see blood money this time

DavetheGodofKeys 06-09-2019 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakatar (Post 1254268)

03. Born to Be My Baby
04. Raise Your Hands
05. Runaway
06. Lost Highway
07. It's My Life
08. Because We Can
09. What About Now
10. We Got it Going on
11. Keep the Faith
18. Bad Medicine
19. In These Arms
20. Blood Money
21. Wanted Dead or Alive
22. Living in Sin
23. Have a Nice Day
24. Livin' on a Prayer

2019 Setlist:

TBA

Oh Damn, what a setlist. I don't even known what I'll do if they did an encore like that nowadays.

Supersonic 06-09-2019 11:47 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1254281)
Oh Damn, what a setlist. I don't even known what I'll do if they did an encore like that nowadays.

I've no idea why people are suddenly raving about setlists like these when there's not that many different songs compared to nowadays.

2013 had:
That's What The Water Made Me
Because We Can
What About Now
(You Want To) Make A Memory
Blood Money
Living In Sin
Cover songs in I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

2019 had:
This House Is Not For Sale
Whole Lot Of Leavin'
We Don't Run
Lay Your Hands On Me
Blood On Blood
These Days
No cover songs in I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

Everything else is the same, meaning out of 24 songs 18 were played last time the band were here. That's 75% of the same stuff. Now which list of songs do you prefer and tell me again how 2013 had a better set? :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rocknation 06-09-2019 02:55 PM

Opening Act: Def Leppard
Start time: 5PM local

New Jersey: 11AM

Los Angeles: 8AM

GMT: 3PM

London: 4PM

Tapei: 11PM

KeepTheFaith2211 06-09-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1254292)
Aloha !

I've no idea why people are suddenly raving about setlists like these when there's not that many different songs compared to nowadays.

2013 had:
Because We Can
What About Now
Blood Money
Living In Sin

2019 had:
Whole Lot Of Leavin'
We Don't Run
Lay Your Hands On Me
Blood On Blood
These Days

Everything else is the same, meaning out of 24 songs 18 were played last time the band were here. That's 75% of the same stuff. Now which list of songs do you prefer and tell me again how 2013 had a better set? :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Agreed. Other than Blood Money and Living In Sin, it’s awful. Then again I don’t think there has been a show set list-wise I’d like to attend since 2011.

bonjovi90 06-09-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1254307)
Agreed. Other than Blood Money and Living In Sin, it’s awful. Then again I don’t think there has been a show set list-wise I’d like to attend since 2011.

Cologne and Milan 2013? ;)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

DavetheGodofKeys 06-09-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1254292)
Aloha !

2013 had:
Because We Can
What About Now
Blood Money
Living In Sin

2019 had:
Whole Lot Of Leavin'
We Don't Run
Lay Your Hands On Me
Blood On Blood
These Days

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Because of Blood Money and Living In Sin. Also because it is a longer set list than most shows nowadays.

james_d 06-09-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1254312)
Cologne and Milan 2013? ;)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

I'm watching Milan now. I can't believe they aren't playing there again.

PanosBonJovi 06-10-2019 08:22 PM

There's a Live Nation department in Milan and the show didn't take place according to official statement due to logistics. Milan would be a straight sold out. Both Springsteen & Bon Jovi share a huge fan base in Milan, especially Bruce. I was blessed to attend Springsteen's concert in Milan in 2016 and I really can't wait for the next one, hopefully next year, to come!

Also Milan got the largest show in BWC Tour.

manarosi 06-10-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1254395)
There's a Live Nation department in Milan and the show didn't take place according to official statement due to logistics. Milan would be a straight sold out. Both Springsteen & Bon Jovi share a huge fan base in Milan, especially Bruce. I was blessed to attend Springsteen's concert in Milan in 2016 and I really can't wait for the next one, hopefully next year, to come!

Also Milan got the largest show in BWC Tour.

Also San Siro is going to held a lot of concerts this summer til mid july, maybe there was no room

MrIks from Finland 06-10-2019 11:02 PM

I saw Def Leppard yesterday at Rockfest in Finland and they were great. Especially the singer Joe Elliott sounded amazing. Now when both bands are from the same era and at least used to represent the same genre, it will be hard not to compare those two. It will definitely be hard for Jon to take the stage after Def Leppard and Joe. And some Def Leppard fans might be amused.

james_d 06-10-2019 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1254403)
I saw Def Leppard yesterday at Rockfest in Finland and they were great. Especially the singer Joe Elliott sounded amazing. Now when both bands are from the same era and at least used to represent the same genre, it will be hard not to compare those two. It will definitely be hard for Jon to take the stage after Def Leppard and Joe. And some Def Leppard fans might be amused.

Glad you had a good time, I watched some videos and have to admit was a bit disappointed given how highly you praised them, but it's hard to get a proper feel from a screen. At least Joe is still on key these days.

ticos_stick 06-11-2019 12:51 AM

I saw Def Leppard and Whitesnake in 2015.

Def Leppard sounded way too polished and synthetic. It felt more like a pop concert. I left for a beer before it ended.

Then Whitesnake came on and melted my face off.

I don't think Jon, even in his terrible state will worry too much about Def Leppard.

Walleris 06-11-2019 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1254409)

Def Leppard sounded way too polished and synthetic. It felt more like a pop concert. I left for a beer before it ended.

I don't think Jon, even in his terrible state will worry too much about Def Leppard.

You have a very unusual taste in live concerts.

David Coverdale as a live singer is a joke these days. One of all time's greatest rock singers has absolutely no range left, it's all just screaming. But I guess that's enough to trick untrained ears in a live setting. In fact, if I am Jon, that's who I would want to open for me.

Def Leppard, I saw live last year; they are not in their peak either, but they are still very solid, and if you can stomach songs being downtuned (which Bon Jovi do as well) sound pretty close to record, Joe, while not perfect, does a far better job working around them than Jon. 'Synthetic/polished' is what their albums sound too, so not sure why that's the problem.

ticos_stick 06-11-2019 01:09 AM

Very unusual? Because it doesn't suit your taste?

Granted, Coverdale's vocals aren't great but the band were amazing and he still had a great presence. It felt like a proper hard rock show.

That's what I'm into though.

Obviously oily chested guitarists and live performances with no edge is your thing.

Tictoc 06-11-2019 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1254409)

Agreed.

A friend took me along to a Def Leppard concert recently and I honestly thought it was hilarious.

I'm sure 50% of their sound is playback. Joe Elliot sounded awful too.

Apart from a few fun 80s tracks they're a joke.

Walleris 06-11-2019 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1254413)
Very unusual? Because it doesn't suit your taste?

Granted, Coverdale's vocals aren't great but the band were amazing and he still had a great presence. It felt like a proper hard rock show.

That's what I'm into though.

Obviously oily chested guitarists and live performances with no edge is your thing.

Unusual as in that's not a popular opinion, because you contrasted two rock bands of the same era - one band you claim to suck live is playing arenas, while the 'amazing' one is doing clubs.

But sure, go ahead fire up those defensive remarks about 'oily chested guitarists', that's some real edgy stuff bruh.

I feel weird defending Def Leppard, because they're far from my favorite band and that show I saw didn't blow me away either, but facts are facts - they have original members (except the one deceased guitarists) and still sound respectable when playing their material live. That's not a long list of peers from that era who can do that and Whitesnake, nor Bon Jovi, do not make that cut in 2019.

BonJovi100 06-11-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1254416)
Unusual as in that's not a popular opinion, because you contrasted two rock bands of the same era - one band you claim to suck live is playing arenas, while the 'amazing' one is doing clubs.

But sure, go ahead fire up those defensive remarks about 'oily chested guitarists', that's some real edgy stuff bruh.

I feel weird defending Def Leppard, because they're far from my favorite band and that show I saw didn't blow me away either, but facts are facts - they have original members (except the one deceased guitarists) and still sound respectable when playing their material live. That's not a long list of peers from that era who can do that and Whitesnake, nor Bon Jovi, do not make that cut in 2019.

One band which Jon should be worried to play after is Manic Street Preachers. James Dean has vantastic voice. People will hear difference :)

Elvistico 06-11-2019 08:41 AM

No setlist of lst night so far? Only blabla about Def Leppard?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

james_d 06-11-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvistico (Post 1254424)

The band are playing tonight not yesterday

hackster73 06-11-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvistico (Post 1254424)

the show is tonight

Elvistico 06-11-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1254425)
The band are playing tonight not yesterday

I must have been drunk :) oops!

Thinny 06-11-2019 12:31 PM

Seen Whitesnake several time and in my opinion Coverdale is dreadful and the band is just a wall of noise to try and cover up his poor vocals.

Saw Def Leppard last year and they were fantastic. Had seen Joe struggle a few times over the years, but he was spot on. I also think Jovi are going to struggle to follow Leppard as their current A Game is well below Def Leppard's (again in my opinion).

steel_horse75 06-11-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1254428)
Seen Whitesnake several time and in my opinion Coverdale is dreadful and the band is just a wall of noise to try and cover up his poor vocals.

Saw Def Leppard last year and they were fantastic. Had seen Joe struggle a few times over the years, but he was spot on. I also think Jovi are going to struggle to follow Leppard as their current A Game is well below Def Leppard's (again in my opinion).

I was suprised Def Lep were offered the slot. Ive never seen them live but my mates have and said there were great. Jovi - well Jon - are not.

Same with Skid Row - supporting in a few shows - They will blow Jovi off stage - and thats without Seb!

james_d 06-11-2019 01:01 PM

For their age Def Leppard are still pretty good. But they are still a shadow of their former self. My dad saw them 10 years ago and was a bit disappointed let alone now. Not a knock on them, it would be wrong to expect them to sound the same, but they certainly aren't on the same tier as band like Metallica or Iron Maiden as a live act these days.

hackster73 06-11-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvistico (Post 1254427)
I must have been drunk :) oops!

nothing wrong with that!

Thinny 06-11-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1254430)
For their age Def Leppard are still pretty good. But they are still a shadow of their former self. My dad saw them 10 years ago and was a bit disappointed let alone now. Not a knock on them, it would be wrong to expect them to sound the same, but they certainly aren't on the same tier as band like Metallica or Iron Maiden as a live act these days.

I saw them in 2008 and they were disappointing. Last year, they were phenomenal. Best I'd seen them since the early 90s.

bjcrazycpa 06-11-2019 02:09 PM

I'd like to see the two bands do a song together. Not sure it will happen but would be cool.

ticos_stick 06-11-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1254416)

I'm not going to engage with with you when you're just going to make things up to suit your argument.

I didn't day Def Leppard sucked. I said they sounded too polished and synthetic.

Also, implying that Def Leppard are better than Whitesnake because they play bigger venues would imply that Bon Jovi are currently one of the best live acts in the world because they're playing stadiums.

Popularity doesn't necessarily mean quality. I feel like that's a rather obvious point to make but one you've clearly overlooked.

LeaJovi 06-11-2019 04:23 PM

Ok I have to say it again. It's time Dry County reveals itself.

TONIGHT

Tictoc 06-11-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1254428)

So you went to see a band several times that you thought were just a wall of noise and poor vocals?

I smell bullshit.

Matrix15 06-11-2019 04:30 PM

For what it's worth, saw Def Lep in 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed. The sets are pretty static and it is very polished (including Phil Collens chest) but their distinctive sound is deliberately overproduced so I think it's to be expected, it's part of the charm. When you see them they sound like Def Leppard. Joe Elliott still sounds like Joe Elliott. So you feel you're getting the real McCoy if you're a fan.

Bon Jovi are a different breed. More successful but with a singer whose voice has just not held up anywhere near what it was in the 80s or 90s. Nevertheless, they continue to produce a lot more new music and fill stadiums. Maybe it boils down to Jon having whiter teeth. :confused:

On another note, has anyone else noticed that where Jon used to sound bad on a chorus but ok on the verses (e.g. always), now it's the other way round?!

bonjovi90 06-11-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1254444)
On another note, has anyone else noticed that where Jon used to sound bad on a chorus but ok on the verses (e.g. always), now it's the other way round?!

Yeah I noticed that too. Even in the time span of the last year or two I feel that it's shifted quite a lot.

Thinny 06-11-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1254443)
So you went to see a band several times that you thought were just a wall of noise and poor vocals?

I smell bullshit.

Sigh.

I go to a lot of festivals and music events for my work (Saw Whitesnake at both Download and Ramblin' Man Fair). I was even on the UK tour they did with Def Leppard in 2008 and again in 2013 on the Whitesnake/Journey tour. I've seen them loads of times, but not paid to see them once....

Tictoc 06-11-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1254446)
Sigh.

I go to a lot of festivals and music events for my work. I was even on the road with them and Def Leppard for a week in 2008 and again in 2013 on the Whitesnake/Journey tour. I've seen Whitesnake loads of times, but not paid to see them once....

Sounds like more BS to add to the pile you've already unloaded.

faith1985 06-11-2019 04:58 PM

I grew up 1 1/2 hours away from Sonderburg and whenever I go to visit my parents during the summer I try to go there for a day. The hot dogs at Annie's kiosk are pretty awesome and I've got the feeling they'd be my highlight if I had been gone there to the concert.

An old friend is at the show tonight so that I hope it won't be as terrible as we both expect it to be - for her sake (she was always a Richie fan, so I doubt she will have a great time..)

Thinny 06-11-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1254448)
Sounds like more BS to add to the pile you've already unloaded.

If you're interested you can see my laminates from those tours here:
https://www.facebook.com/thethincont...type=1&theater

I don't mention all of that much on here as it would come across at bragging, which I'm not into, but when someone decides to call me out as a bullshitter, well.....

But honestly, couldn't care less what you believe. Not sure why you have such a problem with someone having a different opinion to you...

Tictoc 06-11-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1254450)
If you're interested you can see my laminates from those tours here:
https://www.facebook.com/thethincont...type=1&theater

or just click the link to my website in my signature.

I don't mention all of that much on here as it would come across at bragging, which I'm not into, but when someone decides to call me out as a bullshitter, well.....

But honestly, couldn't care less what you believe. Not sure why you have such a problem with someone having a different opinion to you...

I'm not interested in looking at photos that can be faked I'm afraid.

Thinny 06-11-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1254451)
I'm not interested in looking at photos that can be faked I'm afraid.

Yeah cos I just happened to fake a photo that I posted on Facebook in 2013 that proves my point today? Ok dude. Keep living in your fantasy land! Enjoy! ;)