Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi FLAC files (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70477)

Matrix15 12-29-2018 09:42 PM

Bon Jovi FLAC files
 
Hi all,

So I am definitely not an expert on this but my understanding is that FLAC files will allow me to hear better quality audio and things i might have missed in a song, compared to say, MP3 format.

I've got a nice new pair of headphones so my question is where to do I get Bon Jovi FLAC files? Specifically I'm after these days.

Is there a reputable market for this sort of stuff? I thought I'd ask the board rather than going round in circles on google.

Thanks for any help.

Walleris 12-29-2018 10:00 PM

When I was pirating music years ago (pre-Spotify era) I used to get .flac files from torrent sites, including Bon Jovi. I am sure some of them are still there.

However, the easiest path is if you have the original CDs is to rip it yourself (this will allow to chose .flac as a format with the highest quality possible). AIMP Audio Converter is my favorite application for that and it's free.

That being said, for my amateur ears I could not tell that much of a difference between a sound of .flac and a high-bitrate and properly ripped .mp3 file.

bonjovi90 12-29-2018 10:04 PM

You just need the original CDs and can rip the files to FLAC from there.
The files on an original CD are wav files, FLAC simply is another codec that allows you to store these files in a lossless way at smaller file sizes.
MP3 was/is used because you can get very small sized files, but depending on how you set the encoder, you'll have a definite loss of quality in terms of frequencies that are cut off.

Captmorgs 12-29-2018 10:05 PM

Bon Jovi FLAC files
 
You can find a lot of live stuff on dimeadozen.org


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 12-29-2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1249856)
When I was pirating music years ago (pre-Spotify era) I used to get .flac files from torrent sites, including Bon Jovi. I am sure some of them are still there.

However, the easiest path is if you have the original CDs is to rip it yourself (this will allow to chose .flac as a format with the highest quality possible). AIMP Audio Converter is my favorite application for that and it's free.

That being said, for my amateur ears I could not tell that much of a difference between a sound of .flac and a high-bitrate and properly ripped .mp3 file.

Ditto to all of this. Just did a quick search on Soulseek, plenty of people have it in .flac format.

Nige 12-30-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1249858)
You can find a lot of live stuff on dimeadozen.org

DimeADozen is for bootlegs only, they are very strict on thir policies about copyrighted material.

Matrix15 12-30-2018 06:01 PM

Thanks very much for all the help, didn't realise CDs were FLAC! Managed to track down my old disc drive for my laptop and rip these days. Not sure I can hear any difference to be honest!

I think the next thing will be to try listening to my vinyl copy.

Sambora1 01-14-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1249861)
Thanks very much for all the help, didn't realise CDs were FLAC! Managed to track down my old disc drive for my laptop and rip these days. Not sure I can hear any difference to be honest!

I think the next thing will be to try listening to my vinyl copy.

In addition, the site HDTracks.net has them. For BJ, only Burning Bridges was on there.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.