Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Christmas songs (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=33252)

Miracle 12-07-2005 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn1189
It's just really hard to get into the Christmas cheer right now since I still need to keep the air conditioner on because it's so freakin' hot out!

I know what you mean, Jen. For me, it just isn't Christmas unless it is -15 and snowing LOL

Steph

allmike 12-07-2005 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle
I know what you mean, Jen. For me, it just isn't Christmas unless it is -15 and snowing LOL

Steph

Oh i love white christmas.... well at least it sooo sooo cool... i never even seen a snow in my whole life though :(

eriK 12-07-2005 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allmike
Oh i love white christmas.... well at least it sooo sooo cool... i never even seen a snow in my whole life though :(

You haven't? Well, it ain’t that much fun, it is cold and most of the time it melts before you even got used to it.
Sometimes the landscape can be rather beautiful due to the snow, but that's just 7 days per year or so.

clarity 12-07-2005 09:29 PM

I'm quite a sucker for christmas songs actually.

It's no christmas without Chris Rea ofcourse - I kinda like 'Christmas was a friend of
mine' by Fay Lovski. Most recent fav: 'Lonely without you (this christmas)' by Mick
Jagger and Joss Stone. Short song, but nice.

ktlee 12-07-2005 10:17 PM

'ITS CHRISSSSTMAAAS'! well i never i thought it was easter! Where would we be without old chestnuts like that one! ;)

I actually like the Wham one for some strange reason...maybe it makes a nice change to all the happy clappy songs!

Anyone seen that absolutely dire Santa Sings Christmas album! Just when you thought it couldnt get worse the most tone deaf sounding santa you ever heard practically hohohos his way through all your old favs and Im sure I heard Amarillo in the line up! What the hell has that to do with christmas!

I hate all old crooners making a few bucks outta rehashing cheesy christmas songs too! I.E Tony Christie. Come up with some f**king new ones and save our sanity!

Miracle 12-07-2005 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allmike

I'll try to take some pictures of the snow for you Allwyn. Right now, there is only a slight dusting of snow. It is getting colder though. I'm actually hoping for a mild winter. Huge snowstorms are only fun when you're a kid and you get a snow day :)

Steph

jenn1189 12-07-2005 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle

Steph

Well, in that case, it'll never be Christmas for me! LOL! I would just be happy if I had to wear a jacket when I went outside.

Miracle 12-07-2005 11:58 PM

I'd be happy if I could wear a jacket outside too...instead of a jacket, boots, hat, gloves, and a scarf. Just a few inches of snow and the mercury slightly below zero, I would be happy. But this is what I get for living in Canada.

Steph

McNabb_5 12-13-2005 05:20 AM

Dominick the Donkey.

Keeper 12-13-2005 10:00 AM

Yesterday I started my Christmas music time :D

My favourites are God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by Sarah McLachlan & The Barenaked Ladies, O Holy Night by Tracy Chapman, Three Ships by Sting. Joy to the World sung by almost anyone. So This Is Christmas by John Lennon. Jingle Bells Rock too.

I guess there are more, but can't think of them right now.