Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Justin Hawkins hits back at Darkness sucks comment! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=23278)

jade4jovi 02-27-2004 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001
if all celebs are big heads then why should chris martin be any different?!

and there's a difference between confidence in your ability, which is what most people have, and total arrogance and misguided insults, which the darkness have shown us.

he just is. Hes really down to earth you seen him in intervews? WHy? Because they said they dont like bon jovi? Dont mean the are arrogant :roll:

RichieW2001 02-27-2004 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi
Ahemm the darkness permission to land has gone gold in USA - Not bad

it hasn't though. all official sources say that it's sold 185,000 copies. and what exactly does that have to do with arrogance? once you go gold in a country you're allowed to start tearing strips off it's biggest rock institutions?

jade4jovi 02-27-2004 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001
Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi
Ahemm the darkness permission to land has gone gold in USA - Not bad

it hasn't though. all official sources say that it's sold 185,000 copies. and what exactly does that have to do with arrogance? once you go gold in a country you're allowed to start tearing strips off it's biggest rock institutions?

No i just thought id let everyone know :D And you cant blame them for being big headed. You would be richie. Dotn care wot you say you would..

RichieW2001 02-27-2004 08:56 PM

i have confidence in my ability. i know what i'm good at and i get on with it.

why should they be bothered what other people are doing if they're so good themselves? the only reason they compare themselves favourably to other groups is because it takes away that bit of insecurity they have that maybe they aren't as good as their hype.

jade4jovi 02-27-2004 09:00 PM

Why arent people moaning about busted, URGH they are alot worse they are classed as rock its not right. Atleast with the darkness they are actually rock busted hold guitars and htink that means they can call themself a rock band. And they were slagging bon jovi off, Called them cheesy and said jon was a wannabe..

Donna 02-27-2004 09:43 PM

I think people are missin the point here.
The facts are :
They released their first single without a record deal and it got to number 47 on the uk chart.
They recorded their first album with no record deal.
They headlined the London astoria without a record deal.
Their philly show at the 1000 capacity venue sold out today in 1 minute. yes, 1 minute!
Their debut album has only been out for 7 months and has already sold 1.3 million in the UK.
No, they haven't headlined an arena tour yet, see above fact! They will be headlin' an arena tour here in the UK by the years end.
They have been touring constantly since last summer, with only a two week break over christmas.
Their second album is nearly finished and they will record it as soon as they can. They hope for it to be out by April.

now if that doesn't make you respect them just a little bit, then I don't know what will. :roll:

Mousebounce 02-27-2004 10:17 PM

I understand what Richie is saying. Right now they are just a flash in the pan, therefore for them to be making fun of bands that have actually made it is just plain arrogant. Plus, regardless of their concert sales, I have my doubts about their success here. I only saw their album out last week, before that I hadn't seen it at all. For them to go gold is kind of fishy. :?

jade4jovi 02-27-2004 10:32 PM

Well they have only been out a couple of months...

joviscout 02-27-2004 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna
I think people are missin the point here.
The facts are :
They released their first single without a record deal and it got to number 47 on the uk chart.
They recorded their first album with no record deal.
They headlined the London astoria without a record deal.
Their philly show at the 1000 capacity venue sold out today in 1 minute. yes, 1 minute!
Their debut album has only been out for 7 months and has already sold 1.3 million in the UK.
No, they haven't headlined an arena tour yet, see above fact! They will be headlin' an arena tour here in the UK by the years end.
They have been touring constantly since last summer, with only a two week break over christmas.
Their second album is nearly finished and they will record it as soon as they can. They hope for it to be out by April.

now if that doesn't make you respect them just a little bit, then I don't know what will. :roll:

Hmm you are remembering that oasis are independant?. There bigger than the darkness here.

Mike 02-28-2004 03:15 AM

The Darkness's raucous "I Believe In A Thing Called Love" is now Top 5 in radio requests in over twenty major markets across the country, including New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, and San Francisco,

http://news.modernrock.com/2486