Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2017 Jovi Awards (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69857)

Kokutetsu101 02-15-2017 12:13 PM

Done !
This was hard

Savvi 02-15-2017 12:16 PM

After just 30 hours of voting, there have been a ridiculous amount of votes. Check the break down below...
  • Best Song Based on Lyrics: 41 songs voted for
  • Best Song Based on Live Performance: 29 songs voted for
  • Best Outtake: 49 songs voted for
  • Best Song released between 1982-1999: 41 songs voted for
  • Best Song released between 2000-2017: 50 songs voted for
  • Best Music Video: 39 songs voted for
  • Best Song Moment: 75 moments voted for
  • Most Underrated Song: 79 songs voted for
  • Best Album Artwork: 18 albums voted for
  • Worst Song: 67 songs voted for

Only the top handful in each category will be nominated for the Jovi award. Some stiff competition! Eight and half days left to vote. Click here if you haven't already done so!

GabrielC 02-15-2017 01:06 PM

Voted!:):):):)

vidda 02-15-2017 08:31 PM

I have voted what has come to my mind first. I think this way is easier and quicker than analyze it thoroughly. First ideas usually are the good ones.

Bounce7800 02-15-2017 10:00 PM

The live part was the hardest to think of, because of the differences in eras. In These Arms on the HAND tour with Jon on the walkway was great. On later tours with Bobby's awful excuse for a solo, not so much.

There's no better moment than singing Livin On A Prayer live in a stadium, but it's hard to say the performance is stunning because it just isn't. Same with IML, great atmosphere and singalong, but I don't think they have done anything other than go through the motions with that song.

KSantaFe 02-15-2017 11:56 PM

Voted! That was quite fun!

bonjovi90 02-16-2017 10:26 AM

That was tough, but great fun to really have to think about these selections!

Savvi 02-16-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1218501)
The live part was the hardest to think of, because of the differences in eras. In These Arms on the HAND tour with Jon on the walkway was great. On later tours with Bobby's awful excuse for a solo, not so much.

There's no better moment than singing Livin On A Prayer live in a stadium, but it's hard to say the performance is stunning because it just isn't. Same with IML, great atmosphere and singalong, but I don't think they have done anything other than go through the motions with that song.

I had the same thoughts. I took it as, what were the best experiences of the shows I've been to, and what have been the best songs I've seen from previous shows. A mixture of both really. For example, I voted for both Prayer and Bad Medicine, because they are just too much fun while at a show. But I also gave a vote to Wild In the Streets because from what Ive seen and heard in previous tours, it looks/sounds like an awesome live song.

polevka 02-16-2017 03:04 PM

That was tough!

Will we get to see all the choices that were mentioned three or more times?

Just would appreciate to see more than just the top ones.
I know, it would be work. But I'm curious...

Savvi 02-16-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polevka (Post 1218524)
That was tough!

Will we get to see all the choices that were mentioned three or more times?

Just would appreciate to see more than just the top ones.
I know, it would be work. But I'm curious...

Yep! I plan on doing an "Honourable Mentions" to those songs who just missed out. I will announce those before I announce the official nominations.