Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Should Jon Start Miming? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70894)

Butters 04-05-2022 10:40 PM

Should Jon Start Miming?

Since Jon seems determined to continue touring, do you think he should start miming during shows?

There was a time when I couldn't think that anything would do more damage to their reputation than becoming a mime act but now I think it would be better than what Jon is doing on stage.

Thinny 04-05-2022 11:43 PM

God no.

Lip syncing the odd high line here and there I can forgive. But the whole show. No. I don't think Jon would even allow himself to do that. It would end what little credibility they have left.

Javier 04-05-2022 11:50 PM

I saw a promo show The Offspring did to promote their latest album. Dexter was miming the whole way through, it was so obvious and pathetic. I'd rather Jon just continue sucking knowing he sucks and give his heart and soul on that stage like the rockstar that he is. Even if the end result is what we unfortunately have.

steel_horse75 04-06-2022 12:00 AM

No miming. Just stop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blazeofglory 04-06-2022 12:32 AM

Nah I’d rather have the real thing with all its flaws than an empty shiny polished illusion.

If he’s singing live, even if he’s struggling hard, he’s at least putting his heart and soul into it and you get real emotions in the performance. If he was miming it wouldn’t be much different from watching people lip sync to songs on social media or watching a music video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kriegentragen 04-06-2022 02:42 AM

Should Jon Start Miming?

No! God! Please no!

That would mean that he has really touched hard bottom.

Even as hurt as it is, I prefer Jon’s real voice than a fake. At least the real thing means that they still care. I even wish he didn’t do it at Prayer (and let the public or someone else in the band to handle it).

Let’s keep the lipsync for RuPaul’s Drag Race.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

musiccritic101 04-06-2022 02:47 AM

No I don’t think Jon should lip sync an entire show, despite my reservations towards Jon’s current voice I’d rather hear him sing live even if he struggles through an entire song or set list. Like all of us I’ve kinda accepted the way Jon’s voice sounds. Aside from the obvious high note playback track on Prayer Jon is way too old skool to lip sync an entire set.

Litneg 04-06-2022 04:02 AM

No, just no! Even though things are the way they are! Just no!

angelsambo 04-10-2022 02:59 AM

talking about miming

Butters 04-12-2022 11:22 PM

This captures the spirit of my original message very well, I think. I too agree that miming should never be done and that Jon should retire, HOWEVER, if Jon is adamant about staying out on the road and destroying the legacy of the band then why not start miming. I'm sure that 99% of people who go to a Bon Jovi show (a) wouldn't notice if he lip-synched and (b) would leave thinking it was a kick-ass show. I can't imagine 99% of people leaving a Bon Jovi concert since 2015 thought it was a kick-ass show.