Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Deep In The Setlist? What could Jon actually sing? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70912)

B.J. Always 04-25-2022 10:31 PM

Deep In The Setlist? What could Jon actually sing?

In spite of again reading that Bon Jovi was going deep into their catalog for their playlists on this Tour I don't think they have--yet again.

However, can anyone think of any song in their catalog that Jon could decently sing with the shape his voice is in now?

Johny 04-25-2022 10:44 PM

I Will Drive You Home. There is something about that song I love. A perfect fit in the acoustic section (which is gone by now..). I think Jon can pull that one off.

Xavi 04-25-2022 11:02 PM

Nothing,not the song,he could sing nothing.

Javier 04-25-2022 11:52 PM

I know I will drive you home is loved around here but I've always preferred Real Love to that one. That song starting the acoustic set with just Jon, Dave and Everett while the rest of the band takes a break. But for real Jon just needs to rehab his voice. I know he can afford the best care but whatever his lessons are they're not doing him any favors, they're just working on getting through with what he's got left, or work around his shortcomings.

superkid 04-26-2022 12:54 AM

Bring back TEQUILA!

But that unfortunately is a cover. If they wanted to dig deep into the Bon Jovi catalogue they could do Only In My Dreams (Tico on vox) and Memphis Lives in Me (David on vox). :mrgreen:

In all seriousness the This Left Feels Right versions are pretty much all easier to sing and I sort of consider those "rare". Maybe he could still pull off Diamond Ring? Though Richie's harmonies make that song so it would still suck. Love for Sale? Last Man Standing? Burning Bridges since it's not a serious song regardless?

Tough question to answer for sure.

rolo_tomachi 04-26-2022 01:55 AM

Well, when Jon talks you can hear him well, he doesn't seem to have any problems, so since he's changing the way the band plays, he could change his singing... Jon could try speak the songs, something like Lou Reed. Anyway he can not be worse, at least we will not see him suffer from pain for not reaching the notes.

:lol:

musiccritic101 04-26-2022 02:34 AM

There's quite a few that Jon could sing that would be easy on his vocal cords, songs like:

I Will Drive You Home
The Fighter
Real Love
Labor of Love
Diamond Ring
Ain't Running Anymore
Fingerprints

Most of these songs could make for a better acoustic set, however even though it may seem easier for Jon, his voice is still technically left bare and exposed, Jon honestly needs to fully re-train his vocal cords and go through an extensive vocal re-training regime but I don't think Jon can dedicate himself enough or want it enough.

Jon's initial vocal deterioration and decline is down to Jon not taking care of his voice enough, he only ever seeks help when it's too late which was the case back in 2013. His voice wouldn't be this kind of shape if he actually was taking proper care of his voice.

Captain_jovi 04-26-2022 03:56 AM

How much of this is based on what we know and how much is based on what we think the problem is. It could be a myriad of things, really. End of the day his voice is gone but we'll never know how much he tried to fix it and what procedures he had. For someone who wants to make as much money as possible, it wouldn't be in his best interest to do nothing while it deteriorates, he feels like a guy that would go down every avenue to try it. It's his source of money, even knows that. Not the albums, not the wine company, not the investments, THIS is his best chance of a regular massive paycheque.

BJFan99 04-26-2022 07:51 AM

Sadly, the answer is very simple.

Not a single song. The ”let ’em rev your engines…” part of IWDYH already caused him trouble in 2019, there’s no way in hell Jon could pull it - or anything else - off now that his voice is by far in the worst shape of his career. 1987 and even 2015-18 were good old times compared to now.

sundaymike 04-26-2022 09:23 AM

Maybe not the choruses but Temptation might be cool to hear.