Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi v Rolling Stone magazine (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=46667)

milomom 10-12-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 882751)
he was once on the cover with Blaze of Glory, wasn't he?

Jon was on the cover of issue 500 on May 21, 1987, and issue 545 on February 19, 1989. The second one is the one with the white horse, and it says "Rock's Young Gun" on the cover. The article inside is about the plans for the upcoming Moscow Music Peace Festival, though, and it would seem that February 1989 would be too early for Blaze. (Jon mentions that he'd have liked to have been in Young Guns in the article, though, as he's talking about NOT wanting an acting career. LOL)

I thought those were the only covers, but I could certainly be wrong. Anyone know for sure?

bjcrazycpa 10-12-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 882772)
Jon was on the cover of issue 500 on May 21, 1987, and issue 545 on February 19, 1989. The second one is the one with the white horse, and it says "Rock's Young Gun" on the cover. The article inside is about the plans for the upcoming Moscow Music Peace Festival, though, and it would seem that February 1989 would be too early for Blaze. (Jon mentions that he'd have liked to have been in Young Guns in the article, though, as he's talking about NOT wanting an acting career. LOL)

I thought those were the only covers, but I could certainly be wrong. Anyone know for sure?

Nope, you are right Terri. Those are the only two issues where Jon appeared on the cover.

deb

slippery89 10-12-2008 09:10 PM

Rolling Stone is crap.

FreakinSweetMan 10-12-2008 10:18 PM

To go along with this, the two covers that he was on, are not that attractive at all. Take a look for yourself.

1987: http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/g...to/10/large/u2

1989: http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/g...oto/2/large/u2

Goldsausage 10-12-2008 10:25 PM

I like the second one, with him and the mrs.

JBJfan2007 10-14-2008 10:21 PM

I'm was also pissed that RS had not had them on the cover more also. After all the albums they sold! WTF? However-I do agree that it was not their best album. and I continue to believe that doing that album was for monetary gain also. Jon is a very smart,shrewd businessman-he saw the success of WSYCGH and decided to break into the country market too. Brilliant marketing decision. Not that it worked that well-i'm not sure.
I don't agree at all about the worst tour though was LH. My issues were that they continue to play the same stuff like Shout and also that they had all the extra musicians for their "country songs". My band is 5 guys on the stage. I cannot be this honest on the FC board or I get slammed. I think the comments about "Whatever makes the band happy,whatever songs they want to sing"...etc. Whatever makes the fans happy!! Hello..........geez.

Captain Walrus 10-14-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBJfan2007 (Post 883248)
I'm was also pissed that RS had not had them on the cover more also. After all the albums they sold! WTF? However-I do agree that it was not their best album. and I continue to believe that doing that album was for monetary gain also. Jon is a very smart,shrewd businessman-he saw the success of WSYCGH and decided to break into the country market too. Brilliant marketing decision. Not that it worked that well-i'm not sure.
I don't agree at all about the worst tour though was LH. My issues were that they continue to play the same stuff like Shout and also that they had all the extra musicians for their "country songs". My band is 5 guys on the stage. I cannot be this honest on the FC board or I get slammed. I think the comments about "Whatever makes the band happy,whatever songs they want to sing"...etc. Whatever makes the fans happy!! Hello..........geez.

Apart from the first two sentences, what does any of that have to do with the topic?

Crushgen24/88 10-15-2008 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBJfan2007 (Post 883248)

Did I miss a BTR attack that already got deleted, or are you going WAY off topic..:confused:

JBJfan2007 10-15-2008 09:20 PM

Ummm......I don't know what the hell I meant. I guess I was agreeing with someone else about LH and Rolling Stone ignoring it. I can't explain myself...I'm on vicodin for my knee surgery....who knows what I mean...
Wait-I do make sense-I was responding to Hammered's post about the shittiest album and shittiest tour of 07/08. I guess I went went off a rant regarding that cd and the subsequent tour. I liked HAND tour alot better-no veering off into the country music world.

KeepTheFaith2211 10-15-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBJfan2007 (Post 883518)
Ummm......I don't know what the hell I meant. I guess I was agreeing with someone else about LH and Rolling Stone ignoring it. I can't explain myself...I'm on vicodin for my knee surgery....who knows what I mean...
Wait-I do make sense-I was responding to Hammered's post about the shittiest album and shittiest tour of 07/08. I guess I went went off a rant regarding that cd and the subsequent tour. I liked HAND tour alot better-no veering off into the country music world.

You might have posted on the wrong topic because I think there is a topic on here that related to your earlier post. :)